Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Example? I kinda get what you mean, but I'm curious about what struck you here.
    I say it's something like

Character goes through massively effecting event like some sort of timeskip ahead several years which we don't see onscreen and then basically knows "This is how to solve the Plot" and does it in a fantastically well planned strategy.

Or in the epilogue a character makes world changing decisions and wraps up multiple years of intricacies in a few pages.

I understand it's fun but I think I'm starting to like it less in cases where in the entire story before hand we follow characters who are basically responding to things in the moment and then the scope just zooms out and things happen.
    Last edited by Postmania; 01-27-2021 at 12:20 PM.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

...Yeah, I watch this whenever I need a pick me up. But yeah...Dom really did became ridiculous overtime.

Run the numbers!

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Last commission, Tami's character - Lady Crisanji Orinn

Gen still has his free slot which he can cash at any time.

I might do this again but I should get back to working on the comic.

Very nice! Thank you.

Doing her in profile like that actually makes her look like she's teaching younger magic users the basics of magic and magic theory. Which works very well since her Clan, most major Clans on her home world, run their own schools/guilds to instruct the most promising young magic users.
    Last edited by Tami; 01-28-2021 at 04:31 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

It's a mercifully quiet day at work today so I'm indulging in one of my pet projects - working on an RPG setting and system.

Now, I know me, and I am 80% sure I'll never have the wherewithal to run it nor the staying power to actually guide players through it. But, there is something oh so satisfying about coming up with a flexible but solid system that provides enough for player expression and GM control that it should work well.

Side projects baby, they don't have to lead anywhere to be satisfying hehe.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    I say it's something like

Character goes through massively effecting event like some sort of timeskip ahead several years which we don't see onscreen and then basically knows "This is how to solve the Plot" and does it in a fantastically well planned strategy.

Or in the epilogue a character makes world changing decisions and wraps up multiple years of intricacies in a few pages.

I understand it's fun but I think I'm starting to like it less in cases where in the entire story before hand we follow characters who are basically responding to things in the moment and then the scope just zooms out and things happen.
    I gotcha. Yeah, that could get old.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Hey Beadle - your PM box is full.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Hey Beadle - your PM box is full.
    I’ve cleared a space. Well, two, technically. One for your message and one for a reply.

I really need to clean that out properly.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    It's a mercifully quiet day at work today so I'm indulging in one of my pet projects - working on an RPG setting and system.

Now, I know me, and I am 80% sure I'll never have the wherewithal to run it nor the staying power to actually guide players through it. But, there is something oh so satisfying about coming up with a flexible but solid system that provides enough for player expression and GM control that it should work well.

Side projects baby, they don't have to lead anywhere to be satisfying hehe.
    Is the system setting agnostic or have you made a setting for it as well?

Quote Originally Posted by kahnno6 View Post
    Is the system setting agnostic or have you made a setting for it as well?
    I have made a setting for it.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I have made a setting for it.
    Very nice! Feel up to giving a synopsis? And just because it's a side project doesn't mean you can't create something really cool.

Shin Ultraman trailer!

Quote Originally Posted by kahnno6 View Post
    Very nice! Feel up to giving a synopsis? And just because it's a side project doesn't mean you can't create something really cool.
    It's still mostly in my head but it draws a lot on BLAME!! for its tone and aesthetic; so ultra grimey, post-human, post apocalypse-via-decay set within a grim and imposing megastructure of immeasurable size work advanced technology that has long since fallen into disrepair and humanity (what's left of it) is scrabbling together whatever they can out of scraps.

The PCs will play denizens of the so-called City and will endeavor to make their way through the various obstacles, floors and cultures to try and reach the surface without dying, losing their humanity or their minds.

So, yeah, transhumanism both via cybernetic augmentation and biological radioactive mutation, gameified sanity mechanics and hard going.

That's the vague outline.

Nik that sounds pretty damn cool.

The new Kengan chapter was pretty cool. We got to learn about the origins of the Kure and Wu clans.