Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    That was perhaps the longest the Downtown has been closed in quite a while. Some sort of record perhaps?

Anyhow... umm... I actually went and bought some comics. Haven't been shopping for them since the second month of lockdown but I've gotten a bunch of fun stuff on the way.

Anyone got any good recommendations for next time? I only buy trades and tend to skew away from the Big Two. What have people been reading?
    If you're ever in a christmas-y mood, I'd recommend the Klaus comics by Grant Morrison, which are published through Boom studios.

It starts with a mini that tells the origin of Santa Klaus, reimagining him as a sort of Robin Hood esque folk hero. Then after the mini there's a yearly one shot showing Santa's various adventures.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    So what feats does Sailor Galaxia have? Is there anything to even remotely suggest she would be a good fight for Beerus?
    The primary argument I've heard is based on scaling. Basically, base Galaxia supposedly scales higher than all of the villains previous to her, and that includes someone with "Manipulate an entire nebula" levels of TK

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I'm honestly hopeful that, even if they are disrupted, Redcloak actually switches sides. Insofar that he stops working for Xykon in the long run.
    Not sure if there is gonna be a long run, this is feeling very "Final arc"-y to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    It's my birthday.

Yeay.

I'm going to be working for the majority of it.

Boooo.

If anybody wants to wish me a happy birthday and lift my working blues a bit that would be appreciated. Either way, have nice rest of your day.
    I'm late but happy birthday

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Not sure if there is gonna be a long run, this is feeling very "Final arc"-y to me.
    The author has confirmed that everything currently happening in the story will be in the final volume of the series.

Still, if Redcloak defects from Xykon (which is kinda what they need for the True Happy Ending), it'll be in the long run of the series as a whole. But it's all semantics.
    I'm late but happy birthday
    Thank you.

Sorry to ask but am I the only one feeling bored by Umbrella Academy Season 2?

EDIT: Okay, the final battle more than made up for the majority of it.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    I'll have to see more of him in action before I can really judge. Currently, while I like his design, his playstyle reminds me too much of a heavier Baiken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    He was seen dual-wielding in the first trailer and he's mainly seen fighting with only his odachi in this teaser. I imagine he probably has a mechanic that allow him to change his fighting style so that he can wield both of his swords.
    I can't sparingly certain about all of his mechanics from the snippets we got, but watching the trailer a few times over he has Slayer's teleport dash and presumably his crazy dash cancel/backdash cancel capabilities which may give him a bit more style.

Seems like it is indeed the nail in the coffin () for Slayer being in this game, but y'know...wouldn't mind changing mains to this dude if he ends up having a similar playstyle PLUS samurai **** lol.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    A comment in the video cracked me up.

MAXIMILLIAN VS WOOLIE. LETS GO DOODS.
    LOL. If neither one of them capitalizes on this for a video, it's be a missed opportunity.

The author has confirmed that everything currently happening in the story will be in the final volume of the series.

Still, if Redcloak defects from Xykon (which is kinda what they need for the True Happy Ending), it'll be in the long run of the series as a whole. But it's all semantics.
    The true happy ending may involve letting the Snarl out though. There's still the mystery of what's on the other side

The primary argument I've heard is based on scaling. Basically, base Galaxia supposedly scales higher than all of the villains previous to her, and that includes someone with "Manipulate an entire nebula" levels of TK
    Does any character SAY that Galaxia is stronger than all of the previous villains? Because, as seen in Obi-Wan Kenobi vs. Kakashi Hatake, if a character claims that the character in the DB is as strong as or stronger than a powerful character, then said DB combatant is scaled to said powerful character, even if they don't have any feats that remotely agree with that claim.

Of course, as seen in Goro vs. Machamp, they've also scaled DB combatants to people they've fought, even if they have exactly 0 feats that say that the DB combatant is capable of what they're scaling to (see Goro being scaled to being as a fast as Kabal and scaling to Kotal Khan's boat-destroying feat). Yeah he lost, but they still did it.

Still going to watch it, just noting those facts in their analysis-ing.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Does any character SAY that Galaxia is stronger than all of the previous villains? Because, as seen in Obi-Wan Kenobi vs. Kakashi Hatake, if a character claims that the character in the DB is as strong as or stronger than a powerful character, then said DB combatant is scaled to said powerful character, even if they don't have any feats that remotely agree with that claim.
    From the sounds of it (I've not seen the series) it's a "This person is more powerful than anything else we've fought!" kind of thing

Extraordinary Member

Classic.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Extraordinary Member

Black Clover: spoilers:
    VICTORY! ...at least it looks like it. We'll see next week!

Fucking bro boss move on Yami's end to share his blade when all of Asta's swords where smacked out of his hands (good play on Dante's end).
    end of spoilers

My Hero Academia: spoilers:
    UA students shine!

The League of Villains aren't too shabby either. But they forgot that talking isn't a free action!

And now Mina Ashido is moving in for the kill!
    end of spoilers

One Piece: spoilers:
    Good on Momo for standing his ground.

All the major players have arrived and the raid has officially commenced.

It's asswhupping time!
    end of spoilers

One Piece: spoilers:
    Good on Momo for standing his ground.

All the major players have arrived and the raid has officially commenced.

It's asswhupping time!
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Not surprised that Kaido put actual high explosives on his child, but it was awesome seeing Luffy pull a move that Rayleigh did in removing explosives off someone and throwing them away before they exploded. Also, liked the character development shown with Luffy holding Yamato back from attacking because this battle wasn't theirs to begin, it was the Akazaya Nine's.

Of course, now that they have started the battle, Luffy and Yamato are free to rampage. And considering who Luffy is and the person Yamato most admires, they are going to rampage.

I'm also hoping that Yamato joins the Straw Hat Pirates after this.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by The Dog; 08-02-2020 at 01:50 PM.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Man, Undead Unluck is just a whole lot of fun.

I like how hard it leans into its concepts.

Untouchable is pretty OD right now.

Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Well it IS explicitly the last book.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

So Kieran Gillen is going to write 40K comics. I’m interested.