Page 2381 of 2460 FirstFirst ... 1381188122812331237123772378237923802381238223832384238523912431 ... LastLast
Results 35,701 to 35,715 of 36892
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Oh, maaaaaan. Fable. That takes me back.

Okay for the time, but too short. That's my main complaint with it. Fable wraps up the storyline at a point where a JRPG is just letting you know that 'hey, what you thought the point of the story was, isn't'. And past that, there would be at least two different 'I thought this character is the main bad guy, but NO, it's THAT character!'.

I recall finishing it in well-under 20 hours, and I wanted to do EVERYTHING. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Jujutsu Kaisen: spoilers:
    Okay, so it's officially revealed that Yuji now has RCT and mastered it to the extent that he can easily heal others. We also learned that Gojo's body disappeared from the battlefield thanks to Ui Ui's teleportation. So, this could lead to the possibility that Gojo could get revived. Furthermore, Sukuna is finally recognizing why Yuji has been irritating him throughout this battle and finally admits that his time inhabiting his soul has taught him that he has unrelenting perseverance in the face of adversity, which is different from the Jujutsu sorcerers that he fought in his time. Since the attitude of sincerely sacrificing one's self for a cause greater than themselves was more pretext than anything else in his experience, he's actually upset that he met people that aren't hypocrites towards sticking to their ideals (especially when they are weaker than him). So, he decides that he'll continue to destroy Yuji's beliefs until he finally breaks. At that moment, Kenjaku's contingency activates and it's announced that Megumi (Sukuna) now has the authority to begin the process of merging Tengen with humanity. Sukuna being Sukuna, decides not to do so right away since he wants to continue fighting (though he contemplates fighting the new Tengen after he kills everyone). Yuta finally shows up and we get a showdown between him, Rika and Sukuna.
    end of spoilers
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post

Okay for the time, but too short. That's my main complaint with it. Fable wraps up the storyline at a point where a JRPG is just letting you know that 'hey, what you thought the point of the story was, isn't'. And past that, there would be at least two different 'I thought this character is the main bad guy, but NO, it's THAT character!'.

I recall finishing it in well-under 20 hours, and I wanted to do EVERYTHING. ^_^
    Unfortunately Fable and it's sequels were made smack dab in the height of unrealistic game deadlines, Microsoft wanted them out the door and refused to take no for an answer, none of them got hit harder by that than Fable 3, and they rewarded that by concluding the series with a flipping Kinect gimmick game most people don't know even existed

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Did you play the DLC? I know there was a little addition with that.

I'll always have fondness for Fable as pretty much the earliest game of its type I played. It's also one of the first games I pirated, and people were so on top of it that I got it like a week before it released in the States

I think I did try to go back and play it recently but the combat/gameplay loop doesn't hold up.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Unfortunately Fable and it's sequels were made smack dab in the height of unrealistic game deadlines, Microsoft wanted them out the door and refused to take no for an answer, none of them got hit harder by that than Fable 3, and they rewarded that by concluding the series with a flipping Kinect gimmick game most people don't know even existed
    That would make sense from what I remember playing of Fable 3.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Extraordinary Member

Dragon Ball Super: A neat little chapter that takes place after the latest movie.

It's fun to see Goten and Trunks relishing in their super hero activities. And Broly training with Vegeta was a nice little action sequence.

But this chapter seems to mainly be a setup for the match that most Dragon Ball fans want to see now.

spoilers:
    Beast Gohan vs. UI Goku
    end of spoilers

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

I’m about five hours away from passing Persona 5 Royal.

Dang this thing has taken me over 150 hours.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    That certainly partly explains it, but jeez...12-15 hour game when JRPG's are going strong after 60 hours and even more is...not a good look.

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Did you play the DLC? I know there was a little addition with that.

I'll always have fondness for Fable as pretty much the earliest game of its type I played. It's also one of the first games I pirated, and people were so on top of it that I got it like a week before it released in the States
    Niiiice.

I can't recall if I did the DLC. Probably not. I found the gameplay - at the time - to be good. The story, okay. But all too short and shallow.

I think I did try to go back and play it recently but the combat/gameplay loop doesn't hold up.
    Ah, that's always sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post

Yikes! If you've enjoyed yourself, that's awesome!
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

I'm trying to consider some decent Rumble to add to the short list I've proposed in the past, but am rapidly coming to the conclusion I'm terrible at making such threads. :P
    Why are we here?

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, that sounds about right.

Vanilla P5 is already a massive game. Royal just adds on to that.

That certainly partly explains it, but jeez...12-15 hour game when JRPG's are going strong after 60 hours and even more is...not a good look.

Niiiice.

I can't recall if I did the DLC. Probably not. I found the gameplay - at the time - to be good. The story, okay. But all too short and shallow.

Ah, that's always sad.

Yikes! If you've enjoyed yourself, that's awesome!
    It’s been enjoyable. The art style, voice acting, all solid.

Couple points where it dragged just a bit, but so far out of the play through I’d say maybe five to ten hours was a bit slow all told. Just two achievements away from perfecting it too.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Yeah, that sounds about right.

Vanilla P5 is already a massive game. Royal just adds on to that.
    I think I enjoyed it more than Persona 4 Golden. Golden had less memorable characters I think.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

I think I enjoyed it more than Persona 4 Golden. Golden had less memorable characters I think.
    Noone likes Milhouse.

...I kid I thought she was OK.

P5 is that long huh? Imma have to set aside a holiday weekend sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Noone likes Milhouse.

Yes, it is. Especially if you're trying to be a completionist with the sidequests.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Noone likes Milhouse.

Actually I romanced her.

Not my favorite, but I dug her. Didn’t realIZe she was an added character until later.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM