Page 2382 of 2460 FirstFirst ... 1382188222822332237223782379238023812382238323842385238623922432 ... LastLast
Results 35,716 to 35,730 of 36896

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Yes, it is. Especially if you're trying to be a completionist with the sidequests.
    Yeah I can see that. P4, even with thr quality of life improvements of Golden, is one of those games that needs a guide on that front. Some things never change I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Actually I romanced her.

Not my favorite, but I dug her. Didn’t realIZe she was an added character until later.
    Yeah Marie was one of the major additions, along with the holiday vacation scenarios in the areas around Yasoinaba.

Also I guess that poetry did a number on you, respectable.

Last time I played P4 I ended up with...uh...

Hazbin Hotel Episode 1 is now up on YouTube if anybody is prepared for the madness!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Yeah I can see that. P4, even with thr quality of life improvements of Golden, is one of those games that needs a guide on that front. Some things never change I suppose.

Yeah Marie was one of the major additions, along with the holiday vacation scenarios in the areas around Yasoinaba.

Also I guess that poetry did a number on you, respectable.

Last time I played P4 I ended up with...uh...

Oddly enough, the actress student was my second. I liked her.

That or Naota/the young detective.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

I think I liked Maria because she hung out with Margaret (who was cool) and there was a shared mystery between it and the whole Velvet room.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Extraordinary Member

I think I enjoyed it more than Persona 4 Golden. Golden had less memorable characters I think.
    Persona 5 is the only Persona game I've ever played (though I have played the vanilla version and Royal). But it does sit at the top of the rather short list of JRPGs that I've played.
    Actually I romanced her.

Not my favorite, but I dug her. Didn’t realIZe she was an added character until later.
    I did not care much for the additional party member in Royal.

But then again, in both my playthroughs I romanced Makoto.

Sigh. One day I'll play it again and go for Hifumi instead. One day...

My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post

That would make sense from what I remember playing of Fable 3.
    I don't know if I've ever played another game that felt as blatantly unfinished as Fable 3 outside of maybe KOTOR 2, which is a shame cause you can definitely see the skeleton of a good game there

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    That certainly partly explains it, but jeez...12-15 hour game when JRPG's are going strong after 60 hours and even more is...not a good look.

well in that particular area you have to keep in mind there are fundamental differences in game design they're going for, in a lot of traditional JRPGs a linear main story you can't deviate from much is meant to be the vast majority of the game's time sink, whereas with the Fable series and similar western RPGs there's a greater emphasis on side quests and sandbox stuff to extend the game time with a main story you can put on the back burner for long periods of time

One Piece 1104
    spoilers:
    Kuma gets a very satisfying hit but predictably doesn't seem to have much lasting effect other than freeing the other straw hats to act, Kizaru has recovered and doesn't seem poised to make a heel face turn like a lot were predicting, at least not yet(or at least not blatantly in a way we can see yet), Luffy also seems to be recovered though hasn't re entered just yet. Also a full buster call now
    end of spoilers
    thankfully from what we know we should get a few straight weeks of consistent chapter release now so hopefully the pace of the story can finally pick up
    Last edited by Hiromi; 01-19-2024 at 01:14 PM.

159 hours and nine minutes.

All achievements acquired, maxed social stats and personas for all Confidants, maxed level 99 for all characters.

Not too shabby at all.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

My Forum check it out

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    well in that particular area you have to keep in mind there are fundamental differences in game design they're going for, in a lot of traditional JRPGs a linear main story you can't deviate from much is meant to be the vast majority of the game's time sink, whereas with the Fable series and similar western RPGs there's a greater emphasis on side quests and sandbox stuff to extend the game time with a main story you can put on the back burner for long periods of time
    And that is fair, but not a good selling point for me. I'm aware of the differences - it's one reason I keep away from games like Elder Scrolls. Granted, this is my own taste, but that's what I can talk about: my tastes.

Put another way, for me, having one game that has a complex story and sidequests that keep me engrossed for 60+ hours, and having another game that has a simple story and sidequests, and also requires sandbox stuff (ie, for me to make my own enjoyment sans sidequests or main story) to keep me engrossed for what I remember being 18 hours, there's really no comparison.

I have played 'Western' RPG's I have enjoyed that gave me a whole lot more than that. Fable, for me, felt all-too-short.

Again, my own feelings. I get if other people really loved the game. That's cool - I also enjoyed it for what it was at the time. Which was one of the reasons I was highly disappointed when I arrived at the ending and realized it was actually was the ending, no more of any sidequests or story or such, after only 18 or so hours.

Hopefully that at least makes sense.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

159 hours and nine minutes.

All achievements acquired, maxed social stats and personas for all Confidants, maxed level 99 for all characters.

Not too shabby at all.
    Wow......that's impressive.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

I've yet to play a game (rpg or otherwise) that's gone past two days of playtime (48+ hours) where most of that time wasn't essentially busywork, so I can't say I agree with previously stated sentiments though I do understand them.
    This signature intentionally left blank.

Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.