Page 2399 of 2461 FirstFirst ... 1399189922992349238923952396239723982399240024012402240324092449 ... LastLast
Results 35,971 to 35,985 of 36910

I'm going to say it. I really like the animation style for the new TMNT cartoon.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 02-10-2024 at 05:57 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

I'm shocked to say I'm actually enjoying Elektra as Daredevil in Daredevil: Gang War.

My least favourite character evar, and the comic is good. Mostly because Elektra is behaving less-(but still somewhat)Elektraesque.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

For the advanced Frieren enjoyers:

Does Fern ever get less... Fern-like?

Because as of where the anime currently stands, she's easily the least of all the characters on the show to me.
    This signature intentionally left blank.

Quote Originally Posted by Noldere View Post
    For the advanced Frieren enjoyers:

Does Fern ever get less... Fern-like?

Because as of where the anime currently stands, she's easily the least of all the characters on the show to me.
    The least what?

She basically stays as she is. We learn a little more about how she is, and what she thinks/feels, but she doesn't open up a lot or change in character. Group Mom stays Group Mom.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    The least what?
    I wasn't intending a particular what behind that (mistakenly thinking the least carried a meaning on its own), though entertaining or likeable would be what I put there if I had.

She basically stays as she is. We learn a little more about how she is, and what she thinks/feels, but she doesn't open up a lot or change in character. Group Mom stays Group Mom.
    That's a shame, then.
    This signature intentionally left blank.

Has anyone here read A Killer Paradox? It's a Korean webtoon. Netflix adapted it into a live action series.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

The least what?

Pretty much. Most of her character development occurred off-screen as she grew up under Frieren as her apprentice.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Noldere View Post
    I wasn't intending a particular what behind that (mistakenly thinking the least carried a meaning on its own), though entertaining or likeable would be what I put there if I had.

That's a shame, then.
    Understood!

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Pretty much. Most of her character development occurred off-screen as she grew up under Frieren as her apprentice.
    Absolutely.

It's a manga with a lot of low-key stuff, and Fern is subtle in character even for Beyond Journey's End. The manga does a good job of revealing stuff about her - the contradictory "Mom" and childish parts of her character, her adoration of Frieren she keeps under wraps, her feelings for Stark, her delight in magic as magic rather than as a tool for power, her own unique skills as compared to Frieren's overwhelming power, her steadfast determination in the face of life-threatening dangers, etc. It's just not 'in your face'. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Has anyone here read A Killer Paradox? It's a Korean webtoon. Netflix adapted it into a live action series.
    Not yet, but I'll be having a look at the netflix series to see if I want to watch it now.
    Why are we here?

‘Molli and Max in the Future’ Review: Love, Interplanetary Style

The space-age paraphernalia abound — interdimensional travel, digital pickleball, a gabby galactic goddess named Triangulon (Grace Kuhlenschmidt) — but Mamet and Athari take the ridiculousness in stride, which is also funnier. The thread of their on-again-off-again connection is never lost in the film’s pleasingly artisanal, jazz-scored futurescape, which meshes practical and digital effects under the sign of Douglas Adams as much as Adult Swim and anime.
    Last edited by Tami; 02-11-2024 at 10:42 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Been messing about with Nina in the past week or so in Tekken. Some customs

“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

And a few more

Last edited by Postmania; 02-11-2024 at 01:26 PM.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

It's cool that you can customize the characters like that. One of the app games I play on my phone allows for avatar customization but nothing near as nice as what you did.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Extraordinary Member

Finished my first playthrough of Baldur's Gate 3. I got a pretty solid bitter sweet ending that I was happy with.

Holy **** what a game. The strong emphasis on player choice and massive amount of options in just about every aspect is staggering.

Really glad to have played this.

Extraordinary Member

The One Piece anime amped up and expanded the Blackbeard pirates vs. Heart pirates battle in some cool ways. Mainly I was delighted to see Law's crew actually get to do some cool stuff. And the initial exchange between Law and Blackbeard had both of them looking cool.

Would also like to note Jean Bart's neat little durability feats.
    spoilers:
    He defends Law by blocking one of Van Ogre's shots with his body. And he does this without receiving any noticeable injuries.
    Later in the episode we get to see that Van Ogre can casually one-shot Cracker's biscuit soliders. The same biscuit soldiers that post-Dressrosa Luffy was having a hard time with.
    In short, Jean Bart is tough as hell.
    end of spoilers

Jujutsu Kaisen: spoilers:
    Sukuna: Your tactics, strength and reverse curse usage is actually pretty impressive. What did you guys do while we were all on a break?

Yuji: We worked hard, planned carefully, forged our bonds and...

Yuta: We're basically cheating.

Yuji: ...we are?

Yuta: Yup and we're gonna keep doing it because screw this guy.
    end of spoilers

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Yeah, Frieren is definitely a "calm" manga. Even the fight scenes feel reserved and more about atmosphere and calculating solutions over bombastic flash.