Page 2442 of 2464 FirstFirst ... 144219422342239224322438243924402441244224432444244524462452 ... LastLast
Results 36,616 to 36,630 of 36946
    Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Perhaps it's to soften the lead-in 'that scene,' with a look that makes less discerning viewers see a Viltrumite lady and think to themselves, "you know, maybe there's a chance I can fix her, she doesn't look totally disgusted right?"
    I feel like a considerably more coomerist take is likely to be the talking point that goes viral when/if "that scene" comes up.

Haha gross.

I hate that you're right though.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

in case you haven't seen it, the doc on the life of one of the most creative minds wrestling will ever know, taken far too soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    I feel like a considerably more coomerist take is likely to be the talking point that goes viral when/if "that scene" comes up.
    Unfortunately, we already have people trying to downplay the ethical and psychological ramifications of what she's done by indulging in the classic act of whataboutism such as "Well, what Omni-Man did was worse since he devastated planets and physically assaulted his son. How can what Anissa did to Mark possibly compare to that?"
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Unfortunately, we already have people trying to downplay the ethical and psychological ramifications of what she's done by indulging in the classic act of whataboutism such as "Well, what Omni-Man did was worse since he devastated planets and physically assaulted his son. How can what Anissa did to Mark possibly compare to that?"
    and i've seen folks actively simping for her. even after knowing what she did to mark. ok, yeah, she's good looking but its not enough to make me want to like or simp for her.

i mean, rashta from "the remarried empress" is cute and all but everyone knows how much i loathe that woman.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Haha gross.

I hate that you're right though.
    Me too. :S

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    As we all know, just like you can't be sad when someone else has it worse, that thing your favorite character did can't be evil, because someone else did something more evil. :S

I mean, let's not forget that Anissa also devastated planets and would have absolutely beat her own son to death for the Empire at that point in her character timeline, so where even is this "so much worse" they're talking about? >:T

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    and i've seen folks actively simping for her. even after knowing what she did to mark. ok, yeah, she's good looking but its not enough to make me want to like or simp for her.

i mean, rashta from "the remarried empress" is cute and all but everyone knows how much i loathe that woman.
    Fetishism and shock-humor memes aside, the whole tone of the internet has really just taken a turn for the depressing. I mean, I dunno, maybe its all one giant LARP, and I'm too old to be in on the joke, but it really seems like there's people arguing and promoting moral worldviews from very skewed perspectives of things. I want to say that as annoying as it is to see it spammed across the socmeds, no one's really taking it seriously, but then again, people increasingly just live online, and the internet can seed some creepy **** into some people's heads.

Like, don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed a morally bankrupt femdom story or two in my time, but that doesn't translate to me unironically trying to argue that an evil character isn't evil, and the evil thing they did is okay, or "not that bad".
    Last edited by Sharkerbob; 04-01-2024 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    Me too. :S

As we all know, just like you can't be sad when someone else has it worse, that thing your favorite character did can't be evil, because someone else did something more evil. :S

I mean, let's not forget that Anissa also devastated planets and would have absolutely beat her own son to death for the Empire at that point in her character timeline, so where even is this "so much worse" they're talking about? >:T

Fetishism and shock-humor memes aside, the whole tone of the internet has really just taken a turn for the depressing. I mean, I dunno, maybe its all one giant LARP, and I'm too old to be in on the joke, but it really seems like there's people arguing and promoting moral worldviews from very skewed perspectives of things. I want to say that as annoying as it is to see it spammed across the socmeds, no one's really taking it seriously, but then again, people increasingly just live online, and the internet can seed some creepy **** into some people's heads.

Like, don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed a morally bankrupt femdom story or two in my time, but that doesn't translate to me unironically trying to argue that an evil character isn't evil, and the evil thing they did is okay.
    indeed. i enjoy evil characters to a point. but i can still call them out as being evil.

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

"Doc" Bright (R.I.P.)
    "Good-bye. Good luck. Good riddance."

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

To go with that thought, online you see a lot of the Star Wars fandom/fan fiction authors trying to handwave away Anakin/Vader’s deeds while painting the Jedi as bad.

Like, dang, there is a lot of people who gloss over or make excuses for Anakin. Don’t get me wrong, Anakin is a victim too, but that doesn’t wave off his crimes.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    To go with that thought, online you see a lot of the Star Wars fandom/fan fiction authors trying to handwave away Anakin/Vader’s deeds while painting the Jedi as bad.

Like, dang, there is a lot of people who gloss over or make excuses for Anakin. Don’t get me wrong, Anakin is a victim too, but that doesn’t wave off his crimes.
    i've made long form comments about anakin. its a tragedy on a lot of levels. the jedi did fail him on a lot of levels but anakin still did what he did. no getting around it. my fascination with it is all the elements that led up to anakin's turn to the darkside and the jedi's fall from power.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Chainsaw Man: spoilers:
    Y'know, sometimes I wonder if the humans in this series just lack general self-awareness when in the face of mortal danger. Or maybe they're just so jaded to the point of nihilism since they live in a world where they are fully cognizant of the fact that they are essentially cardboard cutouts to the eldritch horrors from the depths of Hell that rip, tear, and devour them on a daily basis.

Or they're just fucking stupid, I don't know. Either way, I just want to see the medical team get ripped in half - starting with the head surgeon. And Yoru is definitely going to rub the fact that she's been right about Denji in Asa's face in the next chapter.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post

Are they the same people who say Homelander is a good guy, and did nothing wrong. It's just bizarre how anyone could consider Homelander even the Amazon version to be a good person, let alone a hero.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Blue Exorcist: spoilers:
    Osceola, you are undoubtedly a GOAT in this series and you will be missed. Shura also put on a spectacular showing against Asmodeus (and using her bra as a distraction was friggin' gold). The flashback conversation between Osceola and Lightning was heartwarming, and made me appreciate the supportive relationship that the two of them have as father and son. I particularly enjoyed Amon and Asmodeus as this quirky yet dangerous antagonistic duo and am looking forward to seeing them again in the future (since it was already mentioned in the chapter 147 that Amon has a new vessel ready and Asmodeus likely has similar arrangements).
    end of spoilers