Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    This is GOOD, I take it?
    Oh definitely. Six years in this retail job where I do operations and sales with a paycheck every Friday and that's honestly a lot bigger than what I usually make.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    Oh definitely. Six years in this retail job where I do operations and sales with a paycheck every Friday and that's honestly a lot bigger than what I usually make.
    Congratulations?

I hope.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Yeah, objectively cool stuff is happening but it just feels very weightless to me.

None of this feels like matters. It has none of the gravitas of the original, there's no sense of drama.

But anyhow, I will cease to comment on it further. No sense in just moaning week after week.
    Now see, I'm enjoying it. I'm really vibing with how Saitama is playing the game with Garou, trying to make him realize that it's OK to want to help people. He's massively beyond the guy, trivially faster and stronger. He could KO Garou at any time, and instead, he's trying to get Garou to change of his own volition.

I guess as a parent, it appeals because it's very much like dealing with a child.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Congratulations?

I hope.
    Thanks. The short staffed situation is thankfully not as ridiculous as before so hoping to see more improvement overtime.

"We all float down here, Levi..."

Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Damn, that sucks.

Do customers get annoyed at you for apparently not following the deals only to realize they read the sign wrong? Like it's not everything is 70% off, the sign specifically says "Up to 70% off."
    We always get a few people trying to claim they found stuff in the markdown aisles, and switched tickets are another theft issue we gotta watch for.

Cause yeah, that's probably the most annoying thing in retail learning that over half the customers apparently lost their ability to read.
    You know, it's funny, I can be upset at the customer for not reading, but I swear there is a switch in the brain that flicks on and off depending on what side of the counter you're on. Cuz I'll go to other stores and sometimes be that customer who asks, "Where are the batteries" and the worker points behind me and I was standing right in front of them. :V

I do contract work for a small law firm, and the person I work for is pilling on the projects. Seems that there is a backlog of cases and quite a few that have proven to be troublesome. So, it's up to me to deal with these issues.

Being a Contract worker means that I work as many hours as needed to get the work done, even from home and on the weekends.

I haven't been this happy in so long.....with a few caveats.
    Last edited by Tami; 04-30-2022 at 05:48 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    We always get a few people trying to claim they found stuff in the markdown aisles, and switched tickets are another theft issue we gotta watch for.

You know, it's funny, I can be upset at the customer for not reading, but I swear there is a switch in the brain that flicks on and off depending on what side of the counter you're on. Cuz I'll go to other stores and sometimes be that customer who asks, "Where are the batteries" and the worker points behind me and I was standing right in front of them. :V
    Honestly, that's a strangely good point there. I'm still bothered at how just nobody can see the large fitting room sign which apparently is a more recent issue since the pandemic.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

My Forum check it out

Hit 33 today.

...I'm just gonna post this as the battle technically began that day.

Hit 33 today.

...I'm just gonna post this as the battle technically began that day.

Congratulations and Happy Birthday my... Friend?... Acquaintance?...

Let's go with friend. Sounds nicer.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Congratulations and Happy Birthday my... Friend?... Acquaintance?...

Let's go with friend. Sounds nicer.
    No probs, we'll go with that. And thank you.