Agreed the Parler stuff is hilarious.

Also, in tangentially-related news, someone I know forwarded one of those endless spam Facebook things to me via WhatsApp today, with a bunch of images about things from a while ago vs things now. One of the images was a page showing the Conference at Yalta vs now, with Roosevelt, Churchill & Stalin looking statesman-like vs Trump, Johnson and Putin each looking ridiculous, with the question “How did this... get to this?”

How bad has it got when people are looking back fondly at Stalin through rose-tinted glasses?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Yeeesh, that's a bad look.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Tried reading 'Future State: Wonder Woman'. Aside from the annoyance of them going back to the one-piece bathing suit of an outfit, I was ready to give it a shot.

Then spoilers:
    the new Wonder Woman steals the coins from a spirit of the dead so she can pass across the River Styx, leaving that dead spirit basically stranded. And it's played in a comedic fashion. When the spirit - a Sumo wrestler - finds out and becomes annoyed, she beats the crap out of him and the other spirits all around her because...I don't know, she likes to fight? But nothing is shown of the other spirits even attacking her (outside of the Sumo wrestler), it's just her suddenly swinging around her weapon and smearing everyone around her?
    end of spoilers

Ugh.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    How bad has it got when people are looking back fondly at Stalin through rose-tinted glasses?
    Well, that's appalling.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

I'm trying to watch Marvel's Runaways. From my point of view, though, this is one of Marvel's worst shows (it should be noted I've not seen AoS, so I can't judge against that one). It's...not great, and I'm forcing myself to finish Season II.

There's tons of what we would consider PIS in the show, along with bucket-loads of other, less-Rumble-related issues (characters being pointless, gigantic plot holes, tremendous inconsistency, poor characterization, dumb Hollywood clichés about Family Over Everything, some potential racism tossed in, etc). It's a dog's breakfast of a TV show, and the only thing that's remotely interesting to me any more is the villains of the series (not the central villain, who was about as interesting as a kick in the groin, but his little coterie of assistants...who were, let's be clear, horrible human beings, but still had an interesting part in the story).

...it's worse than Daredevil Season 2.5, is what I'm saying, and that takes some doing.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 01-11-2021 at 09:05 AM.
    Why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Not like I expect it will be used to DO anything against these terrorists, but it's pretty funny.

I suppose just the fact that it happened will cause many of them to have strokes, due to 'muh right to privacy despite plotting sedition and terrorism!'.
    FBI is, at least, actively going after people.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    FBI is, at least, actively going after people.
    True.

I'm not entirely loving their 'competence' in this situation, mind, though I might not be looking at the correct reports.

"BLM? We even caught them through Etsy."

"The Capitol Attack? Public, please help us identify them!"

...granted, they're doing better than my exaggeration, but really, they have faces (unmasked) and people actively sharing proud pictures of themselves on Twitter defacing the capital. You'd think they've be moving a touch quicker.... ^_^ Cripes, in a lot of cases they're getting fired by their employers faster than the FBI is catching up with them. :P They could have even scooped up a lot of them that night as they milled around the city, trying to find a hotel to stay in.

Especially since there's all the Right Wing Extremist calls to more of this on the 20th. O_o
    Why are we here?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

They did manage to create a no fly list same day, mostly through dipshit would-be insurrectionists pulling themselves on social media, but that's a pretty quick response time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    They did manage to create a no fly list same day, mostly through dipshit would-be insurrectionists pulling themselves on social media, but that's a pretty quick response time.
    ...I admit that's pretty good.

Just feeling a little grumpy about the various shenanigans pulled in different situations, and what that illustrates. So perhaps it's colouring my views of the FBI in this one a tad.
    Why are we here?

...I admit that's pretty good.

Just feeling a little grumpy about the various shenanigans pulled in different situations, and what that illustrates. So perhaps it's colouring my views of the FBI in this one a tad.
    Oh comparatively speaking it's insane.

Capitol Police in particular, considering how they handled BLM and the like. Only for them to just... be opening the door or barricades for these people to storm the Capitol.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Parker's CEO just announced they're going end their service since they've been rejected by every online vendor.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Though I'll be frank.

The people, or rather person, who compared what's going on with Parler (private businesses deciding who and whom to allow to use their services like Republicans have been shouting about for years now), to the 'Kristallnacht' should be properly called out.

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Oh comparatively speaking it's insane.

Capitol Police in particular, considering how they handled BLM and the like. Only for them to just... be opening the door or barricades for these people to storm the Capitol.
    Yeah.

And more. Apparently off-duty police officers in the group as well. The selfies. No hard perimeter. Rejection of offers of assistance ahead of time, when they knew something was coming. Etc. It goes on and on. Yeah, some of them got hurt and one was killed in one area. But there's plenty of stuff to show that in other areas, things were somewhat... *wiggles hand* Supportive or neutral toward the rioters?

People have said that if it had been BLM, there would have been bodies stacked up on the lawn (I have zero doubt!). When those protests were a concern, they had fully armed and armored cops swarming all over the building (there are famous photos). On top of that, veteran groups (VETERANS) have come forward stating 'yeah, we tried to do a protest [edit: I can't recall when, sometime before 2010?] close to the Capitol Building, and they were all over us.'

This time?

Nope.
    Why are we here?

Amazing Member

I'm trying to watch Marvel's Runaways. From my point of view, though, this is one of Marvel's worst shows (it should be noted I've not seen AoS, so I can't judge against that one). It's...not great, and I'm forcing myself to finish Season II.

There's tons of what we would consider PIS in the show, along with bucket-loads of other, less-Rumble-related issues (characters being pointless, gigantic plot holes, tremendous inconsistency, poor characterization, dumb Hollywood clichés about Family Over Everything, some potential racism tossed in, etc). It's a dog's breakfast of a TV show, and the only thing that's remotely interesting to me any more is the villains of the series (not the central villain, who was about as interesting as a kick in the groin, but his little coterie of assistants...who were, let's be clear, horrible human beings, but still had an interesting part in the story).

...it's worse than Daredevil Season 2.5, is what I'm saying, and that takes some doing.
    Runaways is not great. I feel like they lose a lot of the core what made the characters likeable in the comics. That said, I'd recommend AoS. The first half of the first season is a bit of a slog, but after that it's really good!