Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

thin or thicc, inko be hot.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    thin or thicc, inko be hot.
    And Hisashi isn't there for her or their son. Thank Horikoshi for Toshinori.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Extraordinary Member

Kanye is running for president

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Kanye is running for president
    This would have been amusing 15 years ago.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    And Hisashi isn't there for her or their son. Thank Horikoshi for Toshinori.
    Because he's gotta go out of country to work. At least, that's what they claim in the story.

Theory is that All For One is Izuku's father. Mostly because that was the twist in Star Wars and Horikoshi really likes Star Wars.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post

I don't think the "six foot distance" includes being six feet from your microphone or other recording device.

Also, I approve of Hero Inko.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

remember kids. revenge is bad.

unless your name is abby.
    *sigh*

Like, I've not played the game nor do I have any intention of doing so, but I have read/watched enough intelligent critiques of the game and talked with friends of mine who have played it to be able to tell you that this is take is flatly untrue.

By all means, dislike the creative choices in the game and their implementation but do try to not just lie about it's thematic messages.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Yeah, but Wade never tried to get holier than thou with a "revenge is bad" message...
    What do you mean by "holier than thou" in this context?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    *sigh*

Like, I've not played the game nor do I have any intention of doing so, but I have read/watched enough intelligent critiques of the game and talked with friends of mine who have played it to be able to tell you that this is take is flatly untrue.

By all means, dislike the creative choices in the game and their implementation but do try to not just lie about it's thematic messages.
    I mean he's been doing it ever since he called Abby a transgender woman in his big spoiler post which I saw no evidence for and from what Neil himself mentioned as an unfounded rumor. So I just chalked it up as the kind of hate train people get on on the net where facts matter less than outrage.
    Last edited by Farealmer; 07-04-2020 at 11:15 PM.

Extraordinary Member

All I know in regards to Abby is that people are sending death threats to Laura Bailey, the VA who portrayed Abby, and also threatening her kid. Which we all know is gross.

So the tone of the discourse surrounding Abby, and The Last of us 2 in general, needs to change so that voice actors/actresses aren't threatened for doing their job, and so that the discourse can become engaging and interesting instead of exhausting and toxic.

Extraordinary Member

Presumably in this universe, Endeavor was less of a manchild.
    Or Rei could shut him down whenever he got a stupid idea.

Endeavor: Shoto has both of our quirks! Finally the perfect child for my ambitions has appeared! I shall mold him into a hero surpassing me and surpassing All Might. Then I will finally prove that...

Rei: Shoto is going to go out and play with his siblings. We'll teach him how to use his powers properly if he wants to become a hero. But right now he needs to have fun.

Endeavor: But... but my ambitions...

Rei: We've had this discussion before when Touya first got his quirk. We're all very impressed with how you're trying to surpass All Might, and I will support you in that. But we're not letting your feelings of inadequacy affect the kids. Got it? *glares at Endeavor as the room begins to freeze over*

Endeavor: ...yes. I'm going out on patrol. Might be a bit late.

Rei: Cool! See ya later.
    That would also be cool. And I love how Deku's hero costume is clearly inspired by Inko as well as All Might in this AU.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Theory is that All For One is Izuku's father. Mostly because that was the twist in Star Wars and Horikoshi really likes Star Wars.
    It's a popular theory. I myself don't care much for it. I think it kinda breaks some of the themes surrounding Deku if he's connected to All For One.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    *sigh*

What do you mean by "holier than thou" in this context?
    "Holier than thou" is most likely aimed at TLOU2's shall we say...heavy-handed approach to the cycle of violence trope spoilers:
    (such as forcing you to kill a dog and then guilting you for doing so despite not being able to continue the game until you do)
    end of spoilers, whereas Deadpool didn't really play upon the negatives of the trope because... well... Deadpool isn't exactly a role model for moral tropes.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "Holier than thou" is most likely aimed at TLOU2's shall we say...heavy-handed approach to the cycle of violence trope spoilers:
    (such as forcing you to kill a dog and then guilting you for doing so despite not being able to continue the game until you do)
    end of spoilers, whereas Deadpool didn't really play upon the negatives of the trope because... well... Deadpool isn't exactly a role model for moral tropes.
    Yeah, Deadpool doesn't interrogate the morality of his actions but that's not what holier than thou means.

To be holier than thou is to have a smug air of piety or moral superiority. TLOU2, to my knowledge, doesn't have a function whereby it offers you the "correct" option to indicate as position of smugness.

It gives you shitty options and shitty options alone because the story is about those bad decisions. That's not a smugness to it, that's it deliberately trying to make you face the unpleasantness of those actions.

Again, one can criticise the execution, TLOU2 is definitely not a subtle game by any stretch of the imagination, but that's not holier than thou.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

as long as you ignore the book. :P
    I meant to, but I admit I've never actually read the book.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    All I know in regards to Abby is that people are sending death threats to Laura Bailey, the VA who portrayed Abby, and also threatening her kid. Which we all know is gross.

So the tone of the discourse surrounding Abby, and The Last of us 2 in general, needs to change so that voice actors/actresses aren't threatened for doing their job, and so that the discourse can become engaging and interesting instead of exhausting and toxic.
    This is what happens when idiotic jackasses on the internet can't differentiate reality from fiction. I hope she and her family will okay.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!