Page 701 of 2440 FirstFirst ... 20160165169169769869970070170270370470571175180112011701 ... LastLast
Results 10,501 to 10,515 of 36590
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Toyotaro's writing is not Toei's (thankfully for the anime). Manga #17 is much weaker than anime #17.

Well, everything is much weaker in the manga, but I'm talking relative to the rest of their respective casts.
    I went and flicked through the most recent chapter of the DBS manga. No joke, legit thing that happened.

Jako: Some crazy villain is coming who can duplicate your powers exactly if he grabs your neck.

Piccolo: Watch out for the neck grab, gotcha.

*Villain shows up and immediately grabs Piccolo by the neck*

Me: O_____o

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I went and flicked through the most recent chapter of the DBS manga. No joke, legit thing that happened.

Jako: Some crazy villain is coming who can duplicate your powers exactly if he grabs your neck.

i had to slap my head at that.

even piccolo was like "damn. what the hell was i thinking?"

Not gonna go and judge the movie but....but....I wish they made Diesel look like Bloodshot. At least a little. Hell, he probably wanted to. Maybe they will by the end though or simething.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post

That's pretty much par for the course for Toyotaro.

My favourite part personally was when Goku and Vegeta slowly got drained of their energy to the point they couldn't transform anymore, without noticing it was happening. Because apparently they're less self-aware than Yamcha after getting a hole stabbed into him by Gero, and didn't notice that the other was getting weaker either.

Extraordinary Member

Eh, some competence issues aside, this arc of the Manga has been great overall

Extraordinary Member

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

I've never really been a fan of Star Wars, but these new movies haven't done anything for me. The only one I really liked was Rogue One, which has become my favorite. I'll probably skip this new one coming up.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    I've never really been a fan of Star Wars, but these new movies haven't done anything for me. The only one I really liked was Rogue One, which has become my favorite. I'll probably skip this new one coming up.
    I liked Awakening, but partly as a funny middle finger to George Lucas by doing a New Hope but better.

Rogue One is my favorite Star Wars movie of all time.

Haven't seen Solo yet, though I hear it's a bit underrated.

The Last Jedi, intellectually disappointing though it is to say this due to the movie's bravery, can go burn in a dumpster.

Disney has a big shakeup in its Star Wars team, so I'm retaining an open mind. Don't know if I'll go see it in opening day, but I'll at least be asking those who do watch it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Looks fun if nothing else. I enjoyed both The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi quite a bit so I'm rather excited for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Eh, some competence issues aside, this arc of the Manga has been great overall
    I wouldn't say great personally.

Moro has a cool design and I was really hoping for some funky Janemba style powers to throw our heroes off balance when they said he had magic powers. But he just went with the basic ass energy drain tactic and now he's just another powerhouse enemy.

And the Grand Kaioshin being able to take control of Buu's body kinda came out of nowhere, even if it was neat to see Buu be relevant again.

Depending on how it the current situation develops it could be nice to see the rest of the cast win some fights before they inevitably have to be saved by Goku and Vegeta.

What I'm saying is that there are ups and downs to the whole arc.

As long as I get to see Palpatine's butt-forehead, I'll be happy. Not likely to see it in the theaters though, cuz I've got more important things to do like sleep; and complain about the kids nowadays with their newfangled reboots.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Well, the reviews from surprise screenings of Terminator 3 are in and it's seems like Cameron truly was what the series needed to get back on track. Critical response so far is positive and comparing it favorably to T2. Can't wait to see it in theaters in November.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

i..........don't feel anything for this new trailer. just some nostaliga pop and a few nice shots. i have no clue as to the story or anything relevant.

all it does is make me appreciate the prequel movies more.

JJ used to be such a excited star wars fan. he would always sing the theme and put on his star wars curtain as a cape. now.........he looks so dead when he talks about the new movies.

Eh, agree to disagree. Even if I was in the camp of those who hate the new Disney Star Wars, that wouldn't alter my opinion about the prequel movies(which is that they're crap).
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!