Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    So. Sharp and/or Nik.

I'm curious. I know you two still discuss Kingdom from time to time.

I did not realize there were two Live Action Movies out based on it (Two that I know of, anyways). Have either of you seen them? I'm considering adding them to my endless backlog. Maybe even expediting them. But I am also too lazy to look into them, and decided that the time spent crafting this post was less effort than reading something off of rotten tomatoes, or what have you.

Also, greetings and salutations.
    I'm afraid I haven't seen the films and were unaware of them.

Looking at one of them on Rotten Tomatoes, it's very positively reviewed by both users and critics. Could be worth a punt?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    320 bucks on book promotions.

1 sale.

sigh.
    Out of interest, what did the money go on? I assume paying for ads on a platform?

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    So. Sharp and/or Nik.

I'm curious. I know you two still discuss Kingdom from time to time.

I did not realize there were two Live Action Movies out based on it (Two that I know of, anyways). Have either of you seen them? I'm considering adding them to my endless backlog. Maybe even expediting them. But I am also too lazy to look into them, and decided that the time spent crafting this post was less effort than reading something off of rotten tomatoes, or what have you.

Also, greetings and salutations.
    Hey, man - good to see you again! You still practicing? Good health?

Sorry, but not going to be a lot of help, here. Kingdom, for me, is one of those things I kind of check out when I remember to do so, out of a vague interest in where it's going. Really not invested in it any more; has gone places that make it not so much my thing. I wasn't aware of the movies, myself. If they popped up on Netflix, I might watch them out of a combination of curiousity over how they do the story and a desire to practice my Nihonjin, but I'm not up for searching them out. ^_^
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 07-18-2023 at 06:23 AM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Huh, given how their take on Kakashi vs. Obi-Wan went I was expecting Vader to win here. But he didn't, neat. He can join Lex Luthor at the two times losers table.

I'm probably missing a lot of Raven lore, but as far as I know the Phoenix should be on another league. Might be proven incorrect there.

Speaking of mario. Mario has been around for 42 years, Lugui for 40 years , and Peach, Toad, and Bowser around for 38 years

Finally Yoshi has been around for 32 years.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Gachiakuta: Oh, so my theory about Riyou's suspicious actions was actually on point. spoilers:
    I wasn't expecting her to be a former assassin, though. Makes me wonder if she and Enjin met while she was contracted to take a hit out on either him or another member of the Cleaners, or if was after she decided to leave that life behind. I'm also relieved that she let Noerde live to fight another day. I also laughed my ass off at Jabber's "WTF" reaction just before getting capped by Riyo.
    end of spoilers

Choujin X: Tokio continues to show how much he's grown as a keeper, while still maintaining his goofy Saitama-like behavior. And Palma just realized that her client may just be a horrible person and that she could be aiding in human genocide.

Chainsaw Man: Poor Denji's life is being scripted and dictated by others once again and it's wearing on him quickly. Of course, Yoshida's taking advantage of how simple Denji's desires are to be keep him placated (as we see at the end of this chapter), but that's not going keep him happy for long.
    Last edited by Len Ikari145; 07-18-2023 at 12:48 PM.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Speaking of mario. Mario has been around for 42 years, Lugui for 40 years , and Peach, Toad, and Bowser around for 38 years

Finally Yoshi has been around for 32 years.
    Public domain any decade now. :B

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I'm afraid I haven't seen the films and were unaware of them.

Looking at one of them on Rotten Tomatoes, it's very positively reviewed by both users and critics. Could be worth a punt?
    So it wasn't just me then. I was like "...I feel like I should have maybe heard of this. Huh." It shall be afforded a place of honor on my queue.

Which probably has like 500 items, but hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Hey, man - good to see you again! You still practicing? Good health?

Sorry, but not going to be a lot of help, here. Kingdom, for me, is one of those things I kind of check out when I remember to do so, out of a vague interest in where it's going. Really not invested in it any more; has gone places that make it not so much my thing. I wasn't aware of the movies, myself. If they popped up on Netflix, I might watch them out of a combination of curiousity over how they do the story and a desire to practice my Nihonjin, but I'm not up for searching them out. ^_^
    I find it satisfactory....No, I'll even say it is above satisfactory, to see you as well. I think I am even pleased, I daresay.

To answer your queries...

My body and mind are at their apex, growing sharper with each passing moment. Sometimes I worry myself, with the sheer magnitude of my growth.

My practice is never ending. Wherever I stand is my dojo, wherever I look in my mirror, I see my master, and and my shadow is my constant companion and sparring partner, spurring me to greater heights.

I mean, yes. It would occasionally be nice to have a partner who wasn't myself. But I'm a hermit, and also I've been--or was--busy with school, work, etc...Actually, I suppose the pandemic is a good enough excuse for not actually going anywhere, so I digress.

I trust you have been well? Healthy? Still training? Wife good?

Also, I don't know if Canadian Netflix has it, but US Netflix has the Kingdom Movies, so you could VPN if you truly wished.

My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Back from the dead! Radioactive Zombie's Avatar

Animated Teen Titans' 20th Anniversary is tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by Radioactive Zombie View Post
    Animated Teen Titans' 20th Anniversary is tomorrow!
    OMG! All-Time Favorite!! Totally looking forward to it...

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeRangerPete View Post
    I hope you enjoy it.

I haven't been to a convention since before covid (indeed, the very last con I attended was in November '19, so, right before the world went sideways). I miss them, actually.
    Thanks hoss.

Hope you get to go to another soon.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

a big ass EVO this year.

This looks cool but hellvual expensive for a toy at $1500
    My Forum check it out