While his Batman is ubiquitous, I appreciate that the man was not above poking fun of his most famous role.

RIP, he will be missed.

Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Speaking of which, here's 30 seconds of Kevin Conroy reaffirming that he is indeed Batman

“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

While I only discovered him in my late teenage years, he was still a legend to me. RIP Kevin Conroy.

Black Panther was a movie i suppose
    -Stephen McCranie

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Not exactly a glowing review.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

They sure did point a camera at some actors while they said their lines, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    This man has his priorities in order. :V
    Last edited by Sharkerbob; 11-12-2022 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Not exactly a glowing review.
    There were some good ideas in there, and good actors to try and make the most of them.

My impression though was that the creators basically just put those ideas down and let them play out undisturbed in a rather boring and predictable way for like 2 and a half hours, like watching samples in a lab. Then they fill that time where things reach the conclusion you could automatically assume they'd get to as soon as you see each plot point beginning with fight scenes and making technology. The attempts at emotion the film tried also left me cold so the film basically did little for me one way or another throughout it's whole run time except for scattered moments. I dunno why it all didn't work for me. I was just entertained enough to not be *bored* but not much else aside from that.
    -Stephen McCranie

Huh, so Kratos' appearance in Mortal Kombat is actually canon, according to GoW:Ragnarok. Weird.
    Last edited by Len Ikari145; 11-12-2022 at 02:33 PM.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post

Huh, so Kratos' appearance in Mortal Kombat is actually canon, according to GoW:Ragnarok. Weird.
    Actually, Mimir may be talking about Playstation All-Stars Battle, which is kind of even more nuts. :V

Extraordinary Member

There were some good ideas in there, and good actors to try and make the most of them.

My impression though was that the creators basically just put those ideas down and let them play out undisturbed in a rather boring and predictable way for like 2 and a half hours, like watching samples in a lab. Then they fill that time where things reach the conclusion you could automatically assume they'd get to as soon as you see each plot point beginning with fight scenes and making technology. The attempts at emotion the film tried also left me cold so the film basically did little for me one way or another throughout it's whole run time except for scattered moments. I dunno why it all didn't work for me. I was just entertained enough to not be *bored* but not much else aside from that.
    Have to say, I completely disagree here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Have to say, I completely disagree here.
    Ya I know some folks differ on it. This is basically mirroring what I felt with Rogue One which similarly had a lot of fans. I liked this one more than Rogue One though
    Last edited by Postmania; 11-12-2022 at 07:34 PM.
    -Stephen McCranie

Extraordinary Member

One Piece: So... I think that everybody who reads One Piece are pretty much in agreement that not actually letting Pell just be dead from his sacrifice during the Alabasta arc was kind of a dumb and pointless move in the story.

Well spoilers:
    doesn't seem like Oda agrees with that because apparently Jaguar D. Saul from Nico Robin's backstory is actually also still alive. Though this one might have narrative purpose at least.
    end of spoilers