Anima, eh? I wouldn't mind giving it another shot...

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Extraordinary Member

Saw Venom: Let there be Carnage yesterday.

While it's a bit weird seeing portrayals of Venom and Carnage that are noticeably softer than what I'm used to, and much goofier in Venom's case, the movie was overall dumb fun. Not great and something of a mess, but entertaining enough for me to enjoy it.

The midcredits scene however is pretty huge for the implications it brings. It'll be interesting to see how that all plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Oh man, now I remember Tasha. What a character she was

Despite the collision of circumstances that led us there, I have fond memories of how we got nuked and losing half our party fleeing like fools. I pictured a much more competent character than how Preston actually turned out being with his one bad stealth roll and no other contributions of note so it was great
    Preston got really unlucky. Like you say - he had that one tragically bad stealth fumble, then before he could see much action, he was exploded on a hillside.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Man, I miss Ardy's craziness and how well she played off of the much calmer Solomon. And I'm laughing at the delayed mental breakdown she had in the cave now that you mention it I'd love to have another shot at her, with a few key changes to clean up her backstory. Still a shame that both games fizzled out, but sometimes life happens.

Aw shucks ^_^ I can't remember where I was going with her, if anywhere, character-wise. Playing a blind psychic introduced some interesting challenges, I can say that.
    Both great characters. Very different to each other as well.

‘Vanna was certainly a lot calmer, but I loved Ardy’s struggle against her own demons.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

I'd be down to try and play anima if people on the board are up for it again, but yea would have to know people had time/drive. Including myself in that qualifier ofc
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Well, I'd certainly be willing to dedicate time to a game. Whenever it pops up. Can't promise rapid fire posts in the thousands like I used to be capable of but... a few well thought out ones a day/week certainly.
    Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Anima, eh? I wouldn't mind giving it another shot...
    Good to know! If I start up again - won't be for a while, stuff happening - I'll announce it here.

I would rather one or two posts a week - solid ones - than a ton of rapid, one-liners.

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    I still feel bad about bowing out of that one. But that was my fault from the beginning. You said you were making a cool intrigue setting and I was like "I'll play the punchy guy". :D
    That's...partly my fault as well. I should have pointed out that your character was going to come up short on action. No worries, man.

Next game will be more of a travelling one, with more world exploration (but still plenty of discussion, possible intrigue, that kind of thing).

Man, I miss Ardy's craziness and how well she played off of the much calmer Solomon. And I'm laughing at the delayed mental breakdown she had in the cave now that you mention it :D I'd love to have another shot at her, with a few key changes to clean up her backstory. Still a shame that both games fizzled out, but sometimes life happens.
    Ardy was another great character, Subby, and if you decided to bring her back no worries.

Aw shucks ^_^ I can't remember where I was going with her, if anywhere, character-wise. Playing a blind psychic introduced some interesting challenges, I can say that.
    And yet you did really well with her. :D

Oh man, now I remember Tasha. What a character she was
    That's a positive way of looking at her, thank you! ^_^ The original version is still going in my tabletop game - she's kind of a half-Player Character. I handle her RP as an NPC, the player of another character (her brother) handles her in combat along with their character.

Somewhere around level 7 she went completely berserk in a city (Eye of the Hurricane for those who want to know), and the group had to fight like mad to keep her from annihilating the place. She just about killed three of them before the psychic managed to shut her down.

The group is level 9 now and desperately hoping it doesn't happen again because it's possible they'll need to kill her this time (and that result is somewhat...uncertain).

Despite the collision of circumstances that led us there, I have fond memories of how we got nuked and losing half our party fleeing like fools. I pictured a much more competent character than how Preston actually turned out being with his one bad stealth roll and no other contributions of note so it was great
    Feel badly about Preston, myself. :( Wish you could have stuck around.

Siriel's sarcasm in that post was top tier
    Siriel was always good at writing up what happened in a way that made me cackle.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

ah, if only I had the patience for TTRPG.

but alas, I lack collaborative spirit, focus and ability to commit to long term projects lol

i should finish that comic I'm working on.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    ah, if only I had the patience for TTRPG.

but alas, I lack collaborative spirit, focus and ability to commit to long term projects lol

i should finish that comic I'm working on.
    Always enjoyed your characters and writing. Sad to not see it, but completely understand.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Always enjoyed your characters and writing. Sad to not see it, but completely understand.
    For what it's worth, I very much enjoyed my time with Corim and Samuel, though the latter was a shortlived thing. Alas process of relying on other creators and the mental load of the system stuff just kind of drags me down and I don't have the taste for it in me.

Also, I have becoming increasingly worse at doing collaborative storytelling as I've gotten older and more crabby haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    For what it's worth, I very much enjoyed my time with Corim and Samuel, though the latter was a shortlived thing. Alas process of relying on other creators and the mental load of the system stuff just kind of drags me down and I don't have the taste for it in me.
    Totally understood.

Also, I have becoming increasingly worse at doing collaborative storytelling as I've gotten older and more crabby haha.
    I get that as well. Somehow I'm 100% able to separate 'games' from 'writing', because I cannot, CANNOT collaboratively write 'fiction' with anyone. I've tried. Drives me bonkers (and probably them, too).

Probably because I had decades of playing tabletop before PBP, so when I start PBP games it just becomes 'gaming' in my head rather than 'story-writing'.
    Why are we here?

Totally understood.

I get that as well. Somehow I'm 100% able to separate 'games' from 'writing', because I cannot, CANNOT collaboratively write 'fiction' with anyone. I've tried. Drives me bonkers (and probably them, too).

Probably because I had decades of playing tabletop before PBP, so when I start PBP games it just becomes 'gaming' in my head rather than 'story-writing'.
    I hope this goes well for you and everyone. Sounds like it could be fun.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I hope this goes well for you and everyone. Sounds like it could be fun.
    Thanks - it's likely a good year off, at the moment.
    Why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Saw Venom: Let there be Carnage yesterday.

While it's a bit weird seeing portrayals of Venom and Carnage that are noticeably softer than what I'm used to, and much goofier in Venom's case, the movie was overall dumb fun. Not great and something of a mess, but entertaining enough for me to enjoy it.

The midcredits scene however is pretty huge for the implications it brings. It'll be interesting to see how that all plays out.
    Eh, I liked Sony's portrayal Carnage and Cletus well enough, but the relationship of Carnage and Cletus didn't fully sit well with me. I suppose that it's because I'm too used to the comic depiction of being Cletus being the dominant one of the two as well as the fact that they generally have a amicable relationship. And it's disconcerting to see Cletus so serious since he typically exhibits a dark and macabre sense of humor similar to Deadpool's, or being played up as a sympathetic character(I mean, Carnage is arguably even more of a monster than the Joker, who at least was hinted to be a decent human being at some point in his life before he went insane). But again, that's just me nitpicking
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Thanks - it's likely a good year off, at the moment.
    I think it goes without saying…

BA91B638-94E2-4B2C-9F5C-B80BE63958B0.jpg

Analytics tell me these are some of the people I'd be competing with if I applied to a job

For reference, this is an internship, for next year

“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie