Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Neat episode.

I enjoyed the flippy zippy presentation of the actual fight, even if the outcome was fairly obvious spoilers:
    since Black has straight up super-powers and clearly enhanced stats while Mikasa is like peak-human.
    end of spoilers

Next one kinda makes sense thematically, but I think it would've been better if Po fought some other anthropomorphic martial arts animal. Like Splinter or someone like that.
    Well, if they use the TV show/comics, Po will be capable of walking upon thrown blades/falling leaves, making energy wings to fly, shoot fireballs/energy attacks, and can learn pretty much any martial arts technique, even mystical ones, by seeing them performed once. So... He might actually have a chance to win this, because I forgot how batshit insane the comics/tv show got compared to the movies.

But, like I said, only if they use the TV show/comics along with the movies.
    They will almost certainly include the expanded material for Po.

Extraordinary Member

Blue Exorcist: The current events in the story are certainly epic and cool, real excited about Shiemi getting to step up.

But it all feels kinda rushed. Like there should've been at least an arc or two between Rin and Yukio's fight and what's going on now.

I'm just hoping that the series isn't heading towards an early ending, which feels weird saying considering how long the series has been going on. But there are a few plot threads that aren't quite explored yet I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Next one kinda makes sense thematically, but I think it would've been better if Po fought some other anthropomorphic martial arts animal. Like Splinter or someone like that.
    Nah, Shifu would be a better and more thematically appropriate opponent for Splinter. Both Shifu and Splinter are anthropomorphic martial arts masters who teach a team of anthropomorphic heroes (The Furious Five and Po for Shifu, the Ninja Turtles for Splinter) whose old personal nemesis (Tai Lung for Shifu, Shredder for Splinter) comes back for revenge.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Extraordinary Member

Nah, Shifu would be a better and more thematically appropriate opponent for Splinter. Both Shifu and Splinter are anthropomorphic martial arts masters who teach a team of anthropomorphic heroes (The Furious Five and Po for Shifu, the Ninja Turtles for Splinter) whose old personal nemesis (Tai Lung for Shifu, Shredder for Splinter) comes back for revenge.
    It was just an example, Po has surpassed Shifu anyway. Though a Shifu vs. Splinter fight could be fun.

Isn't there a panda in Tekken? Po could fight that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Blue Exorcist: The current events in the story are certainly epic and cool, real excited about Shiemi getting to step up.

But it all feels kinda rushed. Like there should've been at least an arc or two between Rin and Yukio's fight and what's going on now.

I'm just hoping that the series isn't heading towards an early ending, which feels weird saying considering how long the series has been going on. But there are a few plot threads that aren't quite explored yet I think.
    I doubt it's ending just yet since there's been no announcement from either Shonen Sunday or the mangaka about it reaching its climax. The mangaka also stated that the series would be going on for 160 chapters and we just reached 130. We still have 30 more to go, which also means that the series won't end until sometime in 2023.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    I doubt it's ending just yet since there's been no announcement from either Shonen Sunday or the mangaka about it reaching its climax. The mangaka also stated that the series would be going on for 160 chapters and we just reached 130. We still have 30 more to go, which also means that the series won't end until sometime in 2023.
    Coolers, that's good to hear. So this part should be a big epic confrontation then.

Hopefully we'll get to see more of Shiemi's training in a flashback or something, cause it feels like we were just kinda dumped there at its endpoint.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Is Blue Exorcist good?

I tried to read a bit of in like... I don't know... 2017 or something and just slipped off it. The art was cool, the setup seemed a bit rote but it didn't seem bad. I think it was just the wrong thing at the wrong time sort of.

Worth it? Any strong recommendations of quality?

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Is Blue Exorcist good?

I tried to read a bit of in like... I don't know... 2017 or something and just slipped off it. The art was cool, the setup seemed a bit rote but it didn't seem bad. I think it was just the wrong thing at the wrong time sort of.

Worth it? Any strong recommendations of quality?
    For whatever reason this morning, Blue Exorcist made me wish it was a show about the Mauler Twins killing ghosts and ghoulies, all while RTJ slaps in the background.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

thought Yaskue was good, except for the whole it having robots thing. I think having robots dampers the whole historical fantasy medieval experience.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    When you get paid and blow all your money on stupid ****.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Actually it might work.

Think of all the idiots that will pay to travel there just to take a picture with the squid.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Actually it might work.

Think of all the idiots that will pay to travel there just to take a picture with the squid.
    Just...goddammit, Cthulhu.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

It's also less than 5% of the fund so it's not like they spent the whole thing.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Extraordinary Member

Apparently in one of the Kung Fu Panda cartoons there's a dude who makes a chi shield larger than the Earth