The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Man one of my classes actually got worse for remote learning this semester smh

Since the class can be taken in person now for whatever reason it's treated as a regular class in a classroom and we went from clearly seeing and hearing the instructor via a screenshare to seeing a blackboard from an out of focus camera with bad contrast settings and having to hear him from across the room.
    Ugh...that's a rough one, man. They should have a better system.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    On the topic of Martial Arts, for one of my books I'm trying to do the Supernatural martial arts thing in a more realistic style.

By which I mean, I try to start with realistic martial arts, and then extrapolate how the supernatural element I introduce would be incorporated into them in a realistic way.

That said, I'm no kind of Martial Artist IRL, so I dunno how good I'm doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Watch some videos and find some books on Martial Arts. About the closest you can get without a teacher.
    That's a good start. Check out a wide range of videos and books; there's a lot of 'my style is best!' and general wishful thinking in the martial arts. And it shows.

It also depends on how 'realistic' you want your martial arts to be. ^_^ I'm talking about the fighting, not the magical side of it. Realistic fighting is chaotic, and lacking the 'back and forth' of a lot of entertainment martial arts. It's also messy; fancy techniques and overcomplicated 'first you do this, he does this, then you do that, which forces him to do -' kinds of combos just don't happen.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by FistofIron View Post
    I started watching Cobra Kai. What a fun show.
    I just started it too after several people recommending it. It surprised me how much I've enjoyed it.

On the topic of Martial Arts, for one of my books I'm trying to do the Supernatural martial arts thing in a more realistic style.

By which I mean, I try to start with realistic martial arts, and then extrapolate how the supernatural element I introduce would be incorporated into them in a realistic way.

That said, I'm no kind of Martial Artist IRL, so I dunno how good I'm doing.
    for your book you could dig into the lesser know marital arts like Combat Hopak ( Boyovyy Hopak).
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Extraordinary Member

Asuka can throw down?
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Extraordinary Member

The horse is officially out of the hospital

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

The horse is officially out of the hospital
    Good one. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member

Dragon Ball Super: A new arc starts and it's a really solid and quite fascinating chapter.

spoilers:
    Goku trains MUI with Whis, who confirms that the angels are perpetually in this mode and that Goku can still improve his mastery of it. Meanwhile, Beerus teases/suggests that Vegeta goes after some other type of divine power that would allow him to catch up to Goku again. The interactions here are really good and provide a little bit of development as well as hints to what's to come.

But the main bulk of the chapter is all about introducing our new co-star, Granolah, and what might be the main bad guys of the arc, the Heeters. They have a neat kinda tribal pirate design. Granolah's past is partly and it does give him a natural beef with Freiza and the saiyans. There's a lot of moving pieces introduced here and I look forward to seeing how it all plays out.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Dark Soul # 7; 01-20-2021 at 11:32 AM.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

might want to spoiler tag that Dark.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    might want to spoiler tag that Dark.
    Good point.

...Nick Spencer's Amazing Spider-man is quite fun. Though, I question Sin-Eater being able to hurt and steal spoilers:
    Juggernaut's
    end of spoilers powers, even with mystical hell buffs.

Then again, I don't what state spoilers:
    Juggernaut
    end of spoilers is in nowadays.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

feels good to have that clown out of the WH.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

new ippo out.

if i didn't take the time to learn mahjong, i would be so lost right now. lol

My girl.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel