Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    This isn’t t really a spoiler because it’s pretty clearly out there if people are reading FF during the King in Black stuff.

I’m not reading the series, but have they explained how a symbiote is able to take over Johnny Storm of all people? That would only be worse if they were taking over Klaw or Banshee. Fire is quite the well-established symbiote weakness, isn’t it?
    IIRC the symbiotes overcame that weakness sometime during Cates big run on the character
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Ugh, yeah.

The whole King in Black thing was rather silly, and ignored stuff like 'logic' and 'continuity' and 'established character traits'...have you read the end, yet?

spoilers:
    Where Eddie Brock/Venom inexplicably takes control of Mjolnir from Thor and somehow combines it with the Sufer's board into an axe?
    end of spoilers

It reads like the writer was high. What it was, I suspect, was they had a 'You know what would be SO COOL?' 8-year-old moment - exclusive to them, not to anyone else - and decided to roll with it.
    In fairness, from what I understand Eddie had the power of Captain Universe at the time.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

the cop has been found guilty on all charges.

as a black man in america..........i feel great.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

You love to see it.

considering me and my best friend got profiled unjustly by cops, this feels extra good.

This one's more spoileriffic.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    You love to see it.
    I feel like the moment is somewhat crippled by the fact that, just a few days ago, an older black man had the **** kicked out of him by the LAPD ... in the process of/as a result of an epileptic seizure... While the autistic grandson he was walking to school, was forced to watch.

Or a few days before that when the veteran cop, who also serves as an police advocate and has gone to bat for other questionable officers over the course of her near three decade career, shot a young black man to death and is defending herself with "I meant to grab for my taser".
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I feel like the moment is somewhat crippled by the fact that, just a few days ago, an older black man had the **** kicked out of him by the LAPD ... in the process of/as a result of an epileptic seizure... While the autistic grandson he was walking to school, was forced to watch.

Or a few days before that when the veteran cop, who also serves as an police advocate and has gone to bat for other questionable officers over the course of her near three decade career, shot a young black man to death and is defending herself with "I meant to grab for my taser".
    i'll take what i can get at this point. hopefully this will show these piss poor examples of law enforcement that this **** won't fly anymore.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    the cop has been found guilty on all charges.

as a black man in america..........i feel great.
    I'll admit I was fully expecting the worse. This is a pleasant surprise.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    I'll admit I was fully expecting the worse. This is a pleasant surprise.
    i was expecting to see some rodney king flashbacks.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

If you want to take the dour look, Chauvin is the 7th cop to have been convicted of murder since 2005.

Compare that to the more than 15,000 police killings that have happened in the same time period.

I fully accept that there's a ton of work to do and it took 80 solid days of global protesting to get even this, but this still is good to see.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 04-20-2021 at 03:42 PM.

Politics thread is over in community guys.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

You know, even if she WAS telling the truth and didn't mean to kill that guy, it still indicates that person should not be allowed near guns or life or death situations ever again. She through his carelessness, killed someone. Her negligence, which I'm pretty sure they have a lot of training to prevent accidents like that from happening, lead to someone's death. Isn't there a legal term for something like that?

Oh yeah, "Negligent homicide". And while it's not full murder-1 or anything, it's still enough to get you put behind bars for a significant chunk of your life. And maybe keep you from legally owning guns, so that's a plus.

Also I'm pretty sure Tazers have a much different feel and weight to them than a gun, and you have to look down the gun to aim, so she'd have to claim she was REALLY hopped up on adrenaline to not notice when she grabbed the gun that it wasn't a Tazer.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

It’s not enough. But we have to take what we can and keep going
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

it's a shame. with the cost of the game, the studio that it was coming from, and the duo behind it, "balan wonderland" should've been a hit.

keyword: should've