Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

So someone once asked me why One Piece fans love Zoro when he's kinda boring.

I simply answered by posting videos of the Little Garden arc because like every scene with Zoro involved was hilarious and awesome. From going to cut off his legs, the cool pose in the case he dies, to finally actually defeating one of the villains while on fire. Where exactly was he boring? Haha.

RWBY: Roman Holiday Novel

We're finally getting Neo Backstory!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    "Not Persona."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Extraordinary Member

A ghost from the past. Fervidor's Avatar

So, weird thing: Lately I've had a couple of nightmares involving spiders. As in, while I'm dreaming, the vision of these spiders inspire great fear in me.

The reason this is weird is because I'm not arachnophobic. I've long been somewhat entomophobic, yes, but I can tell the difference between insects and spiders and the latter has never really frightened me.

So why is Sheogorath's name am I now having nightmares about spiders? o___O
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson.

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    imagine if Iron Fist had had this kind of effort put into it

Quote Originally Posted by Fervidor View Post
    So, weird thing: Lately I've had a couple of nightmares involving spiders. As in, while I'm dreaming, the vision of these spiders inspire great fear in me.

The reason this is weird is because I'm not arachnophobic. I've long been somewhat entomophobic, yes, but I can tell the difference between insects and spiders and the latter has never really frightened me.

Sorry to hear about that man.

Hope these help you feel better.

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.p...weetDreamsFuel

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    I like the comic Rings better but I knew they wouldn't do that here.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Ghost, I apologize for posting this right after the sweet dreams fuel, but, Michael Myers!

Remember, he's more mortal in this version.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Fervidor View Post

Dreams are weird that way. A few days ago I had a dream that water was coming into my house from the roof, that there were buckets and pots and pails everywhere to catch the water.

Another dream I had some time ago involved me standing by a large picture window looking out from a house, I think it was on a high mountain looking over a valley below, but as I looked out I saw a massive tornado-like storm coming straight towards me.

A lot of my dreams involve houses or buildings or some reason.

I hope your spider dream didn't bother you too much.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

A ghost from the past. Fervidor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Sorry to hear about that man.
    Oh, don't worry about it. It doesn't really bother me. It's been ages since I had a nightmare that legitimately scared me.

For me, the occasional nightmare is more like... watching a horror movie, I guess? Like, it might affect me emotionally but on some level I still know it's not real. (I once dreamed that Slenderman ran up to me and screamed in my face, but I was just like: "Hah, wow, this is kinda intense. Thank goodness this isn't actually happening.")

Having scary dreams about spiders is just kinda odd, is what I'm saying. And I'm a guy who practically always understand the meaning of my dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Dreams are weird that way. A few days ago I had a dream that water was coming into my house from the roof, that there were buckets and pots and pails everywhere to catch the water.
    Right, so the thing to keep in mind is that dreams are basically just thinking about stuff. Only, your conscious mind is asleep so your subconscious takes over, resulting in a whole lot random symbolism. Those symbols are particular to your own psychology, meaning that the only one truly capable of understanding your dreams is you. Once you figure that out, interpreting dreams isn't that difficult, and often disappointing since it's usually just the same stuff you worry about in the back of your mind while you're awake.

Like, this one time I had a dream where I was walking on the street and suddenly realized I wasn't wearing pants, which made me feel pretty embarrassed. Once I woke up I thought about that for a moment as was like: "Yes, brain, I know I'm going bald, thank you." I don't seriously consider it a big deal but apparently my subconscious is still sorta sensitive about it.

In your case, I'm going to go ahead and assume your dream about a leaking house symbolizes some relatively minor yet constant source of low-key stress in your life. Which is probably pretty common given the times we live in. Over-all, it's usually a mistake to assume weird dreams have some deep, profound meaning - they're almost always about everyday issues you're already aware of, and they're rarely actually helpful.

Another dream I had some time ago involved me standing by a large picture window looking out from a house, I think it was on a high mountain looking over a valley below, but as I looked out I saw a massive tornado-like storm coming straight towards me.
    Right, pretty obviously a dream characterized by worry for the future ahead if you. I mean, you literally dreamt about an oncoming storm. As in, you're probably just worried that things are going to get even worse than they already are. Again, shouldn't be too unusual these days.

A lot of my dreams involve houses or buildings or some reason.
    That's not at all strange - we all have our personal symbols. Perhaps the concept of a house represents your sense of security? You know, because your home is supposed to be your safe haven from the outside world? Goodness knows that's what it means to me. If so, a dream about a threat encroaching on your haven is a pretty clear representation of anxiety.

I hope your spider dream didn't bother you too much.
    Like I said, it didn't really since I'm not actually phobic of spiders, and also nightmares don't really affect me much these days. It's just... weird, you know? If it was giant mosquitoes or dragonflies or beetles, I'd sorta get it. But spiders? I don't quite know what to make of it.
    Last edited by Fervidor; 06-24-2021 at 08:39 PM.
    "This doesn't look easy. But I bet it is!"
    -Homer Simpson.

"Optimism through stalwart skepticism is a defect not everyone is lucky enough to be cursed with."
    -Homestuck.