Page 24 of 2452 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834741245241024 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Fair enough, the manga does have a pretty fast pace. Haven't caught up with the manga version of the Tournament of Power yet, but I did like how it's version of the Zamasu arc ended just as much as the anime's.
    The manga version generally has its ups and downs.

The pacing is often better and it has few really good character beats that the anime is missing.

But it oftens makes the villains way less impressive and often dimishes the supporting characters' roles in favour of hyping Goku some more. Which I really don't care for.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Liked the Adam short. Makes me hopeful the new volume. Kind of dreading him seeing him without his mask.

Joke's on you, DS I wish Shinsou's punk ass nothing but failure.

Granted he's already on the right track for that since he ended up with Aizawa as his teacher.
    Eh while I'm in the camp that didn't think v5 was that bad, I don't think this is necessarily an indicator of v6's quality. Miles and Kerry have allways been better at smaller more concise stories, than they are at long form storytelling.

Either way it's doubtful that it will even matter if volume 6 is good or not, the current negative buzz surrounding the series has killed it's popularity and it will likely never recover. It would probably be best for everyone if RWBY just went away at this point.
    Last edited by TheLastDalek; 08-17-2018 at 04:23 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDalek View Post
    Eh while I'm in the camp that didn't think v5 was that bad, I don't think this is necessarily an indicator of v6's quality. Miles and Kerry have allways been better at smaller more concise stories, than they are at long form storytelling.

Either way it's doubtful that it will even matter if volume 6 is good or not, the current negative buzz surrounding the series has killed it's popularity and it will likely never recover. It would probably be best for everyone if RWBY just went away at this point.
    That kind of negative thinking is not the way to save a series.

Though, I don't RWBY really needs "saving". More like a re-adjustment. Get a more focused storyline for the season, preferably something that focuses on Ruby as a character, and get some people that know how to do badass fight scenes. While you generally need more to be really great, I think that those two factors would go a long way to "redeem" the series.

But just giving up on it after all the work put in at this point is nonsensical. Pretty sure it makes them tons of cash and that it's far from a cancellation point for them.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Kid with the mind control powers who fought Deku in the first round of the school tournament.

People always thought his powers would suit a villain more than a hero and he failed the entrance exam because his quirk is useless against robots.

He's a fan favourite, to the point where I think there's a hashtag that's like #replaceMinetawithShinsou
    I mean, I'd replace Mineta with like... a cinder block in a cape.

Nothing of value would be lost.

That kind of negative thinking is not the way to save a series.

Though, I don't RWBY really needs "saving". More like a re-adjustment. Get a more focused storyline for the season, preferably something that focuses on Ruby as a character, and get some people that know how to do badass fight scenes. While you generally need more to be really great, I think that those two factors would go a long way to "redeem" the series.

But just giving up on it after all the work put in at this point is nonsensical. Pretty sure it makes them tons of cash and that it's far from a cancellation point for them.
    Especially after BB:Cross Tag Battle has apparently generated quite a positive buzz for the RWBY series following the game's success.So, this "scorch the Earth" mentality is a bit excessive. Besides, there's three more volumes to go following this one. It's a little too late pull out of the race when you're two-thirds away from the finish line.
    Last edited by Len Ikari145; 08-17-2018 at 05:23 PM.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Ribbit.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    My Hero Academia

So, what happened to Izuku last chapter is something that happens to all One for All users... Well, except for the part where the original talked directly to him. That's new. And we get a little bit more from Nana, who deemed the event romantic and life's romance at its finest.

Also, fan favorite Shinshou returns to help with a joint 1-A and 1-B training session. And from what little we've seen, he seems to be shaping up to be Aizawa's protege. Complete with him wearing a scarf similar to Aizawa's.

I for one hope he succeeds in his desire to transfer to the Hero course.
    Shinsou and Aizawa have both already been rocking the sleep-deprived bed hair look.

My Hero Academia: Lots of good Dad Might in this chapter.

I'm still on the theory that Izuku being exposed to Eri's quirk for so long somehow triggered this new evolution in One For All.

I like the winter gear additions to the students that get them. Momo is killing it with that cape, and Bakugou's winter suit is neat too.

Also...
    Bakugou: What do you want you fucking nerd!!!
    Izuku: Man, your new gear looks real cool and useful.
    Bakugou: Fucking stop complimenting me!!! I can't talk to you unless you're being a little **** because I have issues that I should really see somebody about.

And Ochako honey, you don't need to worry about Mei. She's doesn't have any interest in romance, she's solely focused on her career. Good of you for punching the toxic jealousy out from your system though.

Monoma is always a hoot. He's just so overcompensating and insecure.

And YEAH!!!! SHINSOU! You can do it kid, join that hero class!

Pretty sure the entire fandom is rooting for Shinsou. He's just that popular.
    Bakugou really should have been shown to a therapist long ago. It's one thing to have the quietly intense persona like Endeavor and Aizawa. But Bakugou would never be trusted by the public with his behavior, whether or not he's actually reliable. He's been developing as a character, of course, but he warranted special attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I mean, I'd replace Mineta with like... a cinder block in a cape.

Nothing of value would be lost.
    Actually, the cinder block with a cape would be a gain. Because the cinder block would be useful in that you could club a villain with it.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    Shinsou and Aizawa have both already been rocking the sleep-deprived bed hair look.

Bakugou really should have been shown to a therapist long ago. It's one thing to have the quietly intense persona like Endeavor and Aizawa. But Bakugou would never be trusted by the public with his behavior, whether or not he's actually reliable. He's been developing as a character, of course, but he warranted special attention.
    Especially when he gets so angry that he breaks the fourth wall to bite Izuku's speech balloon.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

what is the connection between G and Q? just a juicy mystery.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post

A sharp fashion sense.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post

One theory I've heard is that he's the third Illuminati brother after Gill and Urien. And after going through whatever experiments they had he slowly went nuts. Maybe he's just slowly becoming Q.

Another one is Q is a clone of G and there may be more out there.

Personally I like the idea of G becoming Q 'cause it's such an insane leap for someone to go from shouting, "POWER TO THE EARTH!" to "I...am...Abomination."

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    A sharp fashion sense.
    Well to be fair...Gin his regualr costume looks like a fusion of Uncle Sam and Abe Lincoln. ...Then again,. maybe your point still stands.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

i've also heard a theory that Q is actually chun's father, dorai.

still, when looking at certain moves, Q and G do share a moveset, with Q's being far less polished and "degraded".

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post

Ribbit.
    https://coub.com/view/ts18r

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.