Page 2384 of 2467 FirstFirst ... 1384188422842334237423802381238223832384238523862387238823942434 ... LastLast
Results 35,746 to 35,760 of 36998
    Extraordinary Member

Godzilla Minus One got an Oscar Nod, for Visual Effects. Nice

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Frieren: Beyond Journey’s End is really really good.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

I'm Currently watching Song of the Bandits
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    I know when I played it since it was my first game of its like I definitely played it more than once and spent time in it wandering and doing all the little sidequests. Also the first experience just being a dick and killing (almost everyone in town) because I knew they would respawn and then killing the waves of guards the game would send after me until I got bored and went to another town.

Of course you rack up a lot of evil points doing that but it gives you a cool appearance so I didn't mind.

I will say I did like some of the things the story did probably because again not being experienced in these games at the time and just not expecting it from a game that lets you run around kicking chickens. spoilers:
    I wasn't expecting to just lose the sister to banditry and her ultimate fate, or to actually be sent to prison and tortured while there for a year before you could escape. I also just liked Jack of Blades in general as an idea and name and also how in the DLC there's an element where you need to go back and solicit help from past allies to solve the big problem and you have good (asking for help) and bad (murdering people to take their help) options.
    end of spoilers
    There was a lot of good to Fable, agreed. I did enjoy it. My big disappointment with it was the length; if the game hadn't been good, I wouldn't have cared and wanted more. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Agreed.

The manga is awesome on so many levels, and in a departure from my normal opinions on adaptations, what I've seen of the anime adaptation is spectacular. Any changes to the manga have been actually impressive add-ons (example: the more detailed and dynamic battle between Fern and Lügner), the animation is detailed and absolutely gorgeous...

Frieren has been one of my favourite manga - if not my number one favourite - for a couple of years now, and the anime...I was lucky I got to see it in Japan on Netflix. Here, I'll need to go to Apple TV or something to get it.

I mean, one of my something like six threads that I've made since 2015 has been about it; shows my feelings on the matter.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Am now reading another 'Woke up in a Fantasy World' Romance Manwha, Kill the Villainess. Standard idea, right? Person from our world wakes up in the body of the villainess from the romance novel she just finished reading.

But as always with these Manwha, it takes its own path outside of the basic setup, and that path is pretty wild and interesting. O_o

On a side note, I've tried to read Japanese manga of a similar genre (it looks like Japan has realized how popular these Manwha are and is starting their own versions). And...it's not at all the same. I don't know the cultural reasons, but the few I've tried have been, much like Isekai manga, very much power fantasies. Not nearly as interesting for me.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 01-24-2024 at 05:58 AM.
    Why are we here?

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    It's in my top five of manga for the past decade, for sure!

It manages to juggle wholesomeness/sentiment, dry-wit humor, thrilling action, and incremental worldbuilding really well, and the art is pretty. Just an all-around fun read.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    There was a lot of good to Fable, agreed. I did enjoy it. My big disappointment with it was the length; if the game hadn't been good, I wouldn't have cared and wanted more. ^_^
    Yeah fable was a good game. Shame the creator be came a laughing stock and one of the most hated game designers with his constant overpromsing in later games.
    My Forum check it out

Kill the Villainess is turning to not be a romance, but an extremely dark tragedy. Yeesh. And yet, very well-written and compelling, I can't stop turning the pages.
    Why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Yeah fable was a good game. Shame the creator be came a laughing stock and one of the most hated game designers with his constant overpromsing in later games.
    ...I did not know this. O_o
    Why are we here?

Man, this manwha. It's building up to the climax now, and it's just a constant litany of 'men who think they know what's best for a woman and don't listen to her at all, which is horrible for everyone involved.'

It's also not crudely shoehorned in; the plot and characters have been very consistently making this point - quite well - throughout the story.

Edit: There is ONE guy who unquestioningly accepts the main character, who follows her desires, who trusts her, who doesn't try to impose his own ideas on who she is. And he makes that point rather well at the end of it all, speaking with one of the other characters.

It's good stuff.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 01-24-2024 at 07:47 AM.
    Why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    True true.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    I have heard about this, although tbh we now live in an age of games that overpromise what with Fallout, Anthem, and others so maybe he was just getting ahead of the curve there.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie