The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Have to say, out of all of the new X-men titles I am enjoying Marauders the most.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Have to say, out of all of the new X-men titles I am enjoying Marauders the most.
    I can’t remember who’s in that one.

I’d definitely have read a comic based on the original Marauders.

Mr Sinister, Sabretooth, Scalphunter / Greycrow, Malice, Scrambler, Arclight, Blockbuster, Harpoon, Vertigo, Riptide... I feel like I’m missing somebody.

Some of them you could probably mostly ignore (Harpoon and Vertigo, certainly). But the potential for dysfunction and personality clashes between the others would be amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    I can’t remember who’s in that one.

I’d definitely have read a comic based on the original Marauders.

Mr Sinister, Sabretooth, Scalphunter / Greycrow, Malice, Scrambler, Arclight, Blockbuster, Harpoon, Vertigo, Riptide... I feel like I’m missing somebody.

Some of them you could probably mostly ignore (Harpoon and Vertigo, certainly). But the potential for dysfunction and personality clashes between the others would be amusing.
    It's basically Kate Pryde leading around a merry band of buccaneers, dealing with politics, black marketing, terrorists, and so forth for the new mutant nation. And playing politics with some of the less-savory mutants.

Plus other stuff connected with her and the mutant nation, but where entire issues can pass without seeing their little group.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member

It's basically Kate Pryde leading around a merry band of buccaneers, dealing with politics, black marketing, terrorists, and so forth for the new mutant nation. And playing politics with some of the less-savory mutants.

Plus other stuff connected with her and the mutant nation, but where entire issues can pass without seeing their little group.
    Have they explained why they're using the name of a group of murderers that massacred large number of the X-men's friends and allies? Because that seems a bit unsavory.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Have they explained why they're using the name of a group of murderers that massacred large number of the X-men's friends and allies? Because that seems a bit unsavory.
    That does get discussed, actually, with Storm being somewhat upset about it and Kate saying 'I was on the spot, and didn't know if the X-men would want to be associated with what we have to do.' Given they're doing stuff like busting into sovereign territory and rescuing mutants from their governments, and everyone is a tad more brutal with the fighting (Kate does stuff like 'shoot soldiers in the knee with their own guns' and 'stick guns into soldier's legs, then unphase said gun'), I'm somewhat not surprised by her wanting to ensure Krakoa can distance themselves from the team if need be.

And since the name was publically used, they're rather stuck with it now.

Also, some good fighting feats for Kate. I think Marvel often forgets that, skill-wise, she's actually pretty close to top-tier based on what she has done at her peak, who she has beat up, that kind of thing. Toss in her phasing and she's nigh-unstoppable in hand-to-hand.
    Why are we here?

Pryde.jpg

Grumpy Kate is grumpy.
    Why are we here?

I will admit, it's really hilarious to see spoilers:
    Pyro, of all people, get protective about Storm and go berserk on Batroc because he kicked Storm.

Does he light Batroc up? Nope.

With an enraged scream ("You don't kick Storm!") he jumps on Batroc like a six-year old and bites his arm.

[Me] wat
    end of spoilers
    Why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Probably also worth noting that those murderers (with the notable exception of Sabretooth, due to being a scumbag who’s unwilling to keep his bloodlust under control) are fellow citizens of Krakoa, with the same rights as most X-Men.

So their team name is also pretty much just a team name used previously by some Krakoans.

I mean the Morlocks might not see it that way, but since they’re not dead anymore...

I will admit, it's really hilarious to see spoilers:
    Pyro, of all people, get protective about Storm and go berserk on Batroc because he kicked Storm.

Does he light Batroc up? Nope.

With an enraged scream ("You don't kick Storm!") he jumps on Batroc like a six-year old and bites his arm.

[Me] wat
    end of spoilers
    OK, that is pretty great.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Pryde.jpg

Grumpy Kate is grumpy.
    need to catch back up with the marauders. need to see if kate gets some sweet payback on shaw's punk ass.

Going back to the original Marauders for a moment, does anybody else get the same vibe from Technical Boy in American Gods that they did from Scrambler back in the day?

Spoilt, cocky, “I’m too cool for you” little punk.

OK, that is pretty great.
    Kate is done taking people's ****.

Pryde 2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    need to catch back up with the marauders. need to see if kate gets some sweet payback on shaw's punk ass.
    Yeah, read it. You'll be happy.
    Why are we here?

And for Beadle's amusement.

Pyro.jpg

I guess I don't need to spoiler it, it's a year and a half old now.
    Why are we here?

Going back to the original Marauders for a moment, does anybody else get the same vibe from Technical Boy in American Gods that they did from Scrambler back in the day?

Spoilt, cocky, “I’m too cool for you” little punk.
    Did not watch American Gods. Cannot comment, though Scrambler was that kind of dick.
    Why are we here?

And for Beadle's amusement.

Pyro.jpg

I guess I don't need to spoiler it, it's a year and a half old now.

I don’t just love the silliness of it, but also the sheer dumbassery of Pyro thinking to himself “the best way for me to fight this guy who has drawn-out fist-fights with Captain America is to get up close and personal”.

It was only going to end one way.