The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

I am now realizing that my mother's primary source of news is a paper that publishes stuff from Jordan Peterson.

I'm rather in despair.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    You mean, so awesome. ^_^ That's pretty cool, man.

Just as a note, Nik's game has lost some people - the cast list is considerably shorter, and looking like it's going to be a slower game (there are a lot of slower posters in the mix).

No pressure. ^_^
    Aw, dammit. Now Imma have to read the sign-up thread, aren’t I?
    Chief Curmudgeon

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Aw, dammit. Now Imma have to read the sign-up thread, aren’t I?
    First four posts have the particulars and then read the Patch notes which are linked in the first post.

That's it, not the whole thread.

Also, the guides for Technique effects are in the first post as well.

If you are considering playing and want assistance, you know where to find me brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    First four posts have the particulars and then read the Patch notes which are linked in the first post.

That's it, not the whole thread.

Also, the guides for Technique effects are in the first post as well.

If you are considering playing and want assistance, you know where to find me brother.
    I shall read, cogitate, contemplate, prevaricate and vacillate. And then I shall respond.

But know ye this!

I… will probably just say yes because I lack both willpower and strong parental examples.
    Chief Curmudgeon

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Yeah, it's been stewing in my mind most of my life at this point so it's evolved a lot over the years. There's a lot more that is there that's not relevant to the Dragonknight and Unicorn Princess story. What they (the people on the continent) refer to as The Great Continent is also called the Fourth Continent, as it was the fourth land humanity colonized in ancient times. Fourth Continent is clearly the European medieval fantasy setting where I've thought up most of the mythology. The Third Continent is based more on Asian history culture and fantasy. They have some kind of Fox spirit nature samurai warriors I'm still trying to think the details through. They also just discovered gunpowder - no guns yet, but getting into the first explosives and early cannons. The Second Continent is African inspired, and was once the richest and greatest power of the three main continents, but is going through a harsh time - they were the sailing force of the world before the Leviathan made the seas a more treacherous domain. There's a whole kingdom/city comprised of old ships Lego'd and nailed together in the shallow water off the coast. And finally the First Continent is an arctic wasteland, located up north but closer to our Antarctica in climate and lack of people. The first civilization and humanity's origin lies buried in the Ice.

Also there's dinosaurs in the setting. Not every species of dinosaur, but a few sprinkled here and there for flavor.
    Sounds fun!

I don't have much that's especially robust, but if interested, here are the various setting articles I've bothered to put on my short story blog: https://sharkerbob.blogspot.com/p/settings.html

Also I'm considering a running joke that the people on every continent always calls theirs the Great Continent.
    You know, I had this thought with aliens, how in sci-fi, we always call our planet Earth (or Terra), but all the alien planets have exotic names. But what if those other names are just their native word for "earth", the same way we named our planet after the ground? So one setting idea I had is that every world out there with a sapient species ends up being called Earth, according to the universal translators. So whenever a new species joins the galactic federation, one of the steps to joining is coming up with an "actual" name for the planet so people stop getting worlds mixed up. :V
    Last edited by Sharkerbob; 11-22-2022 at 02:52 PM.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I shall read, cogitate, contemplate, prevaricate and vacillate. And then I shall respond.

But know ye this!

I… will probably just say yes because I lack both willpower and strong parental examples.
    I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

I have fond memories of the Mysterious Mister Beadle from the last iteration of the Rumbles RPG, I imagine the tone will be somewhat different since the game has changed a lot but you seem an imaginative sort. ^_^

But know ye this!

Blaming the parents? I like it!
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

I have fond memories of the Mysterious Mister Beadle from the last iteration of the Rumbles RPG, I imagine the tone will be somewhat different since the game has changed a lot but you seem an imaginative sort. ^_^
    I have the briefest, most ephemeral wisp of a fleeting character concept which intrigues me, but nothing more so far.

But I will develop.

If I don’t forget the entire concept by tomorrow, which is eminently probable.

Blaming the parents? I like it!
    I’m nothing if not completely shameless and slopy shouldered.
    Last edited by Beadle; 11-23-2022 at 01:03 AM. Reason: Belatedly spotting a mortifying grammar faux pas.
    Chief Curmudgeon

Denji needs an adult!
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

But know ye this!

Good to know, Solomon
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

So I'm going through my library trying to see if any of the numerous series I'm waiting for a new book on has updated(such is life when you read the fantasy genre) and I get to one that should have had one by now but hasn't, so I check the author's website(Melissa McPhail in this case) and blog to see if there's any update, and instead I find out that they died of pancreatic cancer earlier this year. Completely floored me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    So I'm going through my library trying to see if any of the numerous series I'm waiting for a new book on has updated(such is life when you read the fantasy genre) and I get to one that should have had one by now but hasn't, so I check the author's website(Melissa McPhail in this case) and blog to see if there's any update, and instead I find out that they died of pancreatic cancer earlier this year. Completely floored me.
    Ah, jeez. That would be a shocker.
    Why are we here?

I have the briefest, most ephemeral wisp of a fleeting character concept which intrigues me, but nothing more so far.

But I will develop.

If I don’t forget the entire concept by tomorrow, which is eminently probable.
    Post has also welcomed you, so you're stuck now!

HAHAHAHA!

I’m nothing if not completely shameless and slopy shouldered.
    I have zero issue with parental blaming. You'd think at our age that wouldn't be a valid reason for something, but hey, I'm still finding stuff. ^_^
    Why are we here?

Post has also welcomed you, so you're stuck now!

HAHAHAHA!
    Curses! Foiled again!

*Is concerned that the foiling may be in preparation for roasting at Thanksgiving in lieu of a turkey.*

I have zero issue with parental blaming. You'd think at our age that wouldn't be a valid reason for something, but hey, I'm still finding stuff. ^_^
    As long as we all agree nothing is ever my fault. Ever.
    Chief Curmudgeon

Seven Deadly Sins: Knights of Apocalypse - So, this is just a cute chapter with the three main couples developing their relationships a bit, though Nasiens is clearly unhappy about the prospect of Percival and Ann becoming closer. We also have a mysterious figure shadowing Lancelot and Guinevere.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!