Quote Originally Posted by Noldere View Post
    In Ellis's not quite defense, isn't the Castlevania timeline and lore kinda extra screwy anyway, if I remember correctly?
    Not really. Some games did get retconned out of existence but the main games have a solid plot.

Did have a Castlevania thread but due to lack of activity just stopped as I felt it was spam then. If ya like could on anything that’s a issue e?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

This is mostly directed at Sharp.

I think the most recent chapter of Gosu is a solid misstep. Not unsalvageable but still an "Ooff," from me.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    This is mostly directed at Sharp.

I think the most recent chapter of Gosu is a solid misstep. Not unsalvageable but still an "Ooff," from me.
    Ouch. I’ll have look, though possibly not today.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Well, it seems I'm getting sick (a lightly runny nose, mild sore throat, a little coughing). Quarantining myself at the moment, monitoring and hoping it's just my sinuses (which really bother me in the spring and fall) and not Coronavirus.

But if it is, I hope my overclocked immune system (which generally kicks the **** out of most bugs that try to get me sick, letting me get over most things in under a day) can do the same for this.
    Take care and take it easy buddy.

Hoping for the best.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    spoilers:

Deku can fly now and Shigaraki waking up early is finally catching up to him. I can relate.
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    MHA: spoilers:
    Shigaraki is apparently incomplete and requires regeneration to repair himself and reach his full potential, but at the moment, Deku uses Nana's Float Quirk on all of the heroes in the immediate vicinity to avoid Shigaraki's wide-range Decay attacks. So, Deku has gone from a Spiderman expy to Superman.
    end of spoilers.
    spoilers:
    I do really love the back and forth of this entire arc. As a chip in Shigaraki's seemingly invincible armor reveals itself Deku litterally soars to new heights by saving his allies and attacking his archenemy all in one move.

At the same time Gigantomachia is tearing his ways towards the battlefield. So **** is still going down... hey we might get to see Dabi interact with Shoto AND Endeavor. That'll be interesting.

Also... Think of all the floating dates Izuku and Ochako can go on together!
    end of spoilers

One Piece:
    spoilers:

Yamato... Oden... whatever he calls himself really needs to work introducing himself to people. Right now he's just terrying Momo.

When I look at the number I'm kinda reminded of the man-eating giant from the Roald Dahl book The BFG (Big Friendly Giant).

Meanwhile, Big Mom is having a terrible day with another pair of Straw Hats humiliating her with a nice team up move. And cudos to Franky for standing up to her like it was no big thing because he's a crew member on the future pirate king's ship.

That last splash page is classic One Piece. Surrounded by a much greater number of deadly foes, the Straw Hats stand united and ready to kick ass.
    end of spoilers

Black Clover:
    spoilers:

Nacht is certainly making a name for himself. Just rocking up to a bunch of captains and taking command like that and then lore dumping a ton of information on them. I don't think that all the creaturs he summonded are seperate demons, he can probably just create shadow monsters as part of his shadow powers. And my take from Jack's comments are that Nacht had his own magic in the past, lost it and then became a demon host.

We have a deadline and an idea of how big the threat is. I do wonder how many of those gates that will open up during this arc. Because that seems to be an end of series worthy threat.

Gonna be interesting to see who gets to go on this super crucial mission, and just what Nacht can do to prepared Asta in three days.
    end of spoilers

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

You know what?

This week's Chainsaw Man was comparatively very chilled out insofar as I don't feel completely dead inside... much.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    You know what?

This week's Chainsaw Man was comparatively very chilled out insofar as I don't feel completely dead inside... much.
    Unluck Undead eases the pain.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

SPOILERS For Mulan!

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

I love how they left out Mushu and the iconic songs in the name of realism, then introduced a shape-shifting witch, a random phoenix, and chi powers.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Extraordinary Member

I think people need to stop forgetting that the Disney movie isn't the actual source material.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    I love how they left out Mushu and the iconic songs in the name of realism, then introduced a shape-shifting witch, a random phoenix, and chi powers.
    Confused marketing, strange modifications to the first adaptation in 1998 they made their fame on for their brand, curious writing decisions, and odd attempts to appeal to a Chinese audience that didn't like the original and still doesn't like the remake.

It's interesting how Disney made a movie designed to appeal to precisely nobody.

A couple glances at leaked clips - to say nothing of the political quagmire surrounding this film's marketing - whelp, that's a pass for me.
    Last edited by grampagen; 09-06-2020 at 09:38 PM.

I mean in the actual source material, nobody finds out she's a man until after she retires from a long and distinguished military career. There's also no climactic battle with the nomads/huns. Just a military campaign in the northern frontier that lasts more than a decade; and a quiet retirement after a distinguished career at which point Hua Mulan finally reveals she's not a man.

So, you're certainly not wrong that Disney isn't the source.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Confused marketing, strange modifications to the first adaptation in 1998 they made their fame on for their brand, curious writing decisions, and odd attempts to appeal to a Chinese audience that didn't like the original and still doesn't like the remake.

It's interesting how Disney made a movie designed to appeal to precisely nobody.

A couple glances at leaked clips - to say nothing of the political quagmire surrounding this film's marketing - whelp, that's a pass for me.
    If the movie was at least fun to watch, then then the nonsensical changes would have at least been easier to ignore, but they cut out everything that made the animated rendition charming and memorable. All that's left, from the reviews I've watched, is a somber, dry, and lifeless cash-grab.

Politics aside, I hope this flops so Disney can end this ridiculous trend. They've proven they don't care enough to do their own movies justice.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

...Jeez, this is definitely gonna be in my nightmares.