Page 2455 of 2468 FirstFirst ... 145519552355240524452451245224532454245524562457245824592465 ... LastLast
Results 36,811 to 36,825 of 37006
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Wait… ZS made BvS. This cannot compute.
    there is a scene where all the characters sit around and decided to just......tell each other their backstories. from what i seen of it, it looks..........hella unnatural.

and you know something is bad when JJ busts out the sauce.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    there is a scene where all the characters sit around and decided to just......tell each other their backstories. from what i seen of it, it looks..........hella unnatural.

Definitely do respect Jeremy for the thumbnails that gives you cues of how he felt about the films he's reviewing.

Meanwhile, I watched Shin Ultraman today!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Meanwhile, I watched Shin Ultraman today!
    Nice! what did you think of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Nice! what did you think of it?
    An utter blast. The design updates for Ultra and the Kaiju looked amazing, the fights were fantastic, the side characters were even entertaining! It was a fun ride the whole way through. Zetton as an Ultra's Death Weapon is certainly a new take but it was cool so I didn't mind.

Zoffy needed to take a chill pill though.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

I need to stay the **** away from subreddits. -_-*
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    this actually look interesting from m.night.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    I need to stay the **** away from subreddits. -_-*
    Not a fan of Reddit, never really was, but it's unfortunately become one of the only places I can actually find answers to questions sometimes, given how terrible search engines have gotten. :S

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    Not a fan of Reddit, never really was, but it's unfortunately become one of the only places I can actually find answers to questions sometimes, given how terrible search engines have gotten. :S
    There are other options out there. I'm not sure that I would trust Reddit as far as facts and accuracy are concerned.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    I'm not either. The only reason I'm on there is because I stumbled upon a bare handful of fandom subreddits that I had affinity for and the communites there are the few that're relatively decent (being genuinely respectful towards its members and not being tolerant towards trolls/bigots/misogynists/racists etc) and care about having meaningful discourse about said-series based on facts. Sadly, I stumbled out of that circle, found myself in a discussion thread about a minor who was relating her experiences about being preyed upon online by creepers who were hoping to groom her, only for a piece of **** to come into the conversation and call her an "overgrown little girl" for being bothered by being sexually propositioned by older men compared to "actual rape." And when another woman, who admitted herself to be a rape victim, defended her...well, I'm not going to repeat what he said in response. But after going through that, I was left with the very real urge to find the bastard and wanting to castrate him with a pair of scissors for his comments. It's just unbelievable to me sometimes how proudly reprehensible and ignorant some people can be because they think they'll never face consequences for their bullshit on the internet because of anonymity.
    Last edited by Len Ikari145; 04-21-2024 at 06:06 AM.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

....Yep, when I find a conversation on reddit that goes incredibly south fast, I slowly back away.

Because some people cannot be convinced they have one hell of a nasty take and really makes you feel ill they're out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Watch Rebel Moon Part 1 and you can see new depths being plumbed in nonstorytelling
    Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post

Clearly ZS should never be let loose near a film crew.

And yet people still think that Whedon ruined ZS’ Justice League.

Whedon may be a toxic piece of crap (from some of the stories we hear) but I’ve never seen a damn thing Snyder made that was even remotely watchable.
    Chief Curmudgeon

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    There are other options out there. I'm not sure that I would trust Reddit as far as facts and accuracy are concerned.
    Eh It’s not the first one I’ve heard what sharkerbob’s mentioned in terms of looking for specific information. If you’re looking to troubleshoot a problem or trying to learn a very particular aspect of a product or activity you’re trying to do as far as quick search results go Reddit is pretty much the best shot if you’re pressed fr time of getting people that actually know anything as opposed to AI sites, people of questionable credentials who wil contradict each other on quora, basic ideas like Wikipedia or just noise.

It’s why at this point people mention they don’t even bother searching without adding “Reddit” at the end of it for some things
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Unfortunately has literally been the only place I can find answers to certain computer problems or tech questions sometimes. Even the Microsoft forums fail me more often than Reddit. :S

It's also sometimes literally the only place people might be talking about some very obscure game or cartoon or comic sometimes, I guess, outside of randomly finding a thread on 4chan, or getting access to a discord server no one has an invite link to. :B

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    I'm not either. The only reason I'm on there is because I stumbled upon a bare handful of fandom subreddits that I had affinity for and the communites there are the few that're relatively decent (being genuinely respectful towards its members and not being tolerant towards trolls/bigots/misogynists/racists etc) and care about having meaningful discourse about said-series based on facts. Sadly, I stumbled out of that circle, found myself in a discussion thread about a minor who was relating her experiences about being preyed upon online by creepers who were hoping to groom her, only for a piece of **** to come into the conversation and call her an "overgrown little girl" for being bothered by being sexually propositioned by older men compared to "actual rape." And when another woman, who admitted herself to be a rape victim, defended her...well, I'm not going to repeat what he said in response. But after going through that, I was left with the very real urge to find the bastard and wanting to castrate him with a pair of scissors for his comments. It's just unbelievable to me sometimes how proudly reprehensible and ignorant some people can be because they think they'll never face consequences for their bullshit on the internet because of anonymity.
    That's always shitty to run into, and its unfortunately easy some days to find yourself getting sucked into reading the trainwreck. :S

It's one of the unfortunate things about Reddit being the all-purpose global forum socmed site, any and all ****-stirrers can use it as an easy place to just walk in and stink up any given room. You're rollin' the dice trying to share anything on there unless a specific subreddit has a really dedicated mod team (that isn't themselves a bunch of creeps).

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    ....Yep, when I find a conversation on reddit that goes incredibly south fast, I slowly back away.

Because some people cannot be convinced they have one hell of a nasty take and really makes you feel ill they're out there.
    It's also a lot of trolls just spouting off whatever wild **** they think will get people upset. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Eh It’s not the first one I’ve heard what sharkerbob’s mentioned in terms of looking for specific information. If you’re looking to troubleshoot a problem or trying to learn a very particular aspect of a product or activity you’re trying to do as far as quick search results go Reddit is pretty much the best shot if you’re pressed fr time of getting people that actually know anything as opposed to AI sites, people of questionable credentials who wil contradict each other on quora, basic ideas like Wikipedia or just noise.

It’s why at this point people mention they don’t even bother searching without adding “Reddit” at the end of it for some things
    Yep, that's pretty much how it is. Most search engines, when you are looking for answers for a problem, just spew out a short list of bot-written advertisement articles or useless listicle advice articles (read: advertisement vehicles) that has nothing to do with what you asked.
    Last edited by Sharkerbob; 04-21-2024 at 10:58 AM.