Page 207 of 2459 FirstFirst ... 1071571972032042052062072082092102112172573077071207 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,105 of 36875

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    sad day today.

"daredevil" has been canned.
    I heard it was good too. Damn. Thinking of two things here.

1: Marvel does bad at action tv shows.

2: Could blame Thanos as Defenders and etc still tied to MCU. ( Finger snap killed said characters?)

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDalek View Post
    Is it just me or is Shinji Ikari a more competent pilot than his reputation would have you believe? I mean for all his other faults as a person, he actualy did his job as an Eva pilot prett competently most of the time.
    Yeah. Shinji is the original wimpy kid so his reputation gets overblown at times. When you actually look at the show, he got good at piloting fairly quickly. Towards the end, he was the only one who was doing good against Zeruel, and that was before Unit 1 went Berserk.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

update on my friend and his case.

thanks to the money we gave him, he got a great lawyer and currently sole custody of his kids, thank to a affidavit signed by that piece of **** who abused his kids. so now he's fighting for full custody and child support of his kids.

it's not over but it's a great start.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    He was, he really was. Shinji was actually, despite his faults, a very brave and heroic figure considering his background and the things that happened to him.
    IIRC, Shinji's Eva once got a ton of acid dropped on it and he just gritted his teeth through it.
    That kid was tougher than people give him credit for.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Yeah. Shinji is the original wimpy kid so his reputation gets overblown at times. When you actually look at the show, he got good at piloting fairly quickly. Towards the end, he was the only one who was doing good against Zeruel, and that was before Unit 1 went Berserk.
    I was under the impression that the concept of the whole show was meant to mock the genre conventions, the whole schtick of shoving kids into military hardware to create a narrative to sell toys. Kinda like how Gundam was something of a response to the wacky stuff that happened in Mazinger, the Mecha genre moved from kids fighting monsters, to kids fighting other humans, and with EVA kids getting messed up by the expectations foist onto them to fight monsters and perhaps other humans. I seem to recall Anno once had a bone to pick with all the merchandising based on all the machines of war from all these ostensibly anti-war stories.

Of course these days it's like, "look, Asuka 3.0! She has an eyepatch and a new hat!" so perhaps something got lost in the shuffle.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

update on my friend and his case.

thanks to the money we gave him, he got a great lawyer and currently sole custody of his kids, thank to a affidavit signed by that piece of **** who abused his kids. so now he's fighting for full custody and child support of his kids.

it's not over but it's a great start.
    That is excellent.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Extraordinary Member

My Youtube stuff

Linkara

Suede

Achievement Hunter: This is a very Vulgar Let's play Group. Very good though. They do weekly GTA V and Minecraft videos, and other stuff in between.

TFS Gaming: The people behind Dragonball Abridged do let's plays. It's as funny as you'd expect.

Overly Sarcastic Productions: Humorous retellings of historical and mythological stories.

The completionist: Video Game Reviewer who 100 percent completes every game he reviews. He's a very good natured, upbeat guy.

What the **** is Wrong With You: Nash, former CA contributor, and his co-host Tara react to news stories that make him want to shout the serie's title. Don't worry though, he doesn't cover political stories or stories where there are serious injuries

GameXplain: They cover gaming news, primarily Nintendo stuff

Weekly Manga Recap: Nik (AKA Y Ruler of Time from CA) and Chris Larios review Manga week by week while also covering old manga based on recomendations

Bennett the Sage: Former CA, reviews old school Anime

Some Jerk With A Camera: He reviews theme park attractions and theme park related media (Like movies based on Theme park rides or theme park based episodes of TV Series). Former CA

CrashCourse: Educational series covering a variety of topics

The Dom: Former CA. He reviews movies that are based on Books to see how they do as Adaptations. He's good at acknoledging that a bad adaptation is not the same as a bad movie. His show is called Lost in Adaptation

Mother's Basement: Anime Reviewer. His primary thing is called What's in an OP, where he reviews the direction of Anime Openings

Todd in the Shadows: Pop Music Reviewer. Besides reviewing the new stuff, he also has "One Hit Wonderland" which covers One Hit Wonders, and "Trainwreckords" where he looks at the albums that derailed careers

Game Theory

Film Theory

Drawfee: Art based channel. I mostly follow the "Artists draw X that they've never seen before"

Gaijin Goomba: Anime and Game Reviewer, who takes a look at Cultural inspirations. Has a subseries where he looks at fictional Ninjas to see how they do compared to IRL ninjas

SFDebris

Tricksterbelle: Currently doing a series where she looks at Disneyland's artistic influences

Kyle Kallgren: More serious Film analysis

Baltmatrix: Toy Reviewer

Slow Mo Guys: They shoot videos of things happening in Slow Motion

Mistare Fusion: Dragonball Reviewer. He does Dragonball Dissection, which is basically HOPR but for Dragonball

wow. i didn't know Y was still making vids. that's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Cuz of the sex stuf-

Eh, it's basically Berserk.
    honestly don't care about that part one way or another, Berserk had WAY more extreme examples of the fan service(or disservice depending on the scene really) stuff, but hey i like fantasy stuff, Berserk is more of a straightforward fantasy while Goblin Slayer is more a litrpg , also I love how the actual story is basically a little side story to the main high level stuff going on in the back ground

new one piece out.

the guys prep for the rebellion on all fronts.

we meet possibly the weirdly smile fruit user yet.

and kidd and luffy show why they are badasses without their powers.

and it seems kidd might be one of the few people in the world who can keep pace with luffy in terms of eating.

new one piece out.

the guys prep for the rebellion on all fronts.

we meet possibly the weirdly smile fruit user yet.

and kidd and luffy show why they are badasses without their powers.

and it seems kidd might be one of the few people in the world who can keep pace with luffy in terms of eating.
    I like how Kidd and Luffy don't seem to get along at all, lol. If Kidd ever gets out of those seastone cuffs, he's gonna **** the prison up with all that metal in there.

And yeah that hippo-dude is...something special.

Also that murderer shown in the beginning, the manslayer...he reminds me of one of the silhouettes shown in the brief Oden flashback, so he may be one of the OG Samurai that were Oden's vassals years ago.

There still seems to be some mysterious person in the prison cell, monitoring Luffy and Kidd as well it seems like. Could be a samurai...but maybe it's someone that's been seen or hinted at before?

Oh, and there was a Caribou cameo. I'm surprised he hasn't been broken yet.

Extraordinary Member

YAS! The bromance between Luffy and Kid has begun. They're going to be such good rivals when this is all over.

I also appreciate seeing Usopp being all sneaky with handing out those flyers.
    Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    There still seems to be some mysterious person in the prison cell, monitoring Luffy and Kidd as well it seems like. Could be a samurai...but maybe it's someone that's been seen or hinted at before?
    In the same chapter that Luffy was thrown into prison the guards mentioned a prisoner that they only feed poison food to and yet they're still alive and to dangerous to approach. That same person then spit out a fish skeleton at one of the guards. This is probably the same person.

sad day today.

"daredevil" has been canned.
    Between that, and the State asking me to pay 1600€, then 120€ per month for a grandfather that:
    1) never tried to be a grandfather to my siblings and myself

2)according to my mother, was a shitty dad.

which, by the way, puts a dent in my project of getting my motorcycle licence, which is going to be... well, the least bad solution, because of my job moving farther from home...

...I'm so done with this week. Sorry for letting that out of my chest.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Cuz of the sex stuf-

Eh, it's basically Berserk.
    In some respects, Goblin Slayer really wants to be Berserk.

But it's nowhere near as complex, well written or even really the same genre.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    In some respects, Goblin Slayer really wants to be Berserk.

But it's nowhere near as complex, well written or even really the same genre.
    This is fair.

Though spread a narrative out by twenty years and you can make anything complex.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan