Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    This is fast becoming a favorite series.

Attachment 106499

Attachment 106500
    I'll add it to the reading list. I vaguely recall starting it a while ago and bouncing off for some reason.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I'll add it to the reading list. I vaguely recall starting it a while ago and bouncing off for some reason.
    It has a somewhat Teppu vibe, I find, with regards to the technical knowledge and art (better than early Teppu for art, as well). And it's interesting that the central character isn't some kind of genius with a super-special finisher skill set or any of the like. He has average talent, with some better-than average ability to pull something out spontaneously, or copy something he has experienced. Otherwise, he needs to work his ass off with training (and does) and practicing (and does).

Hence, 'all-rounder'.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    eh, there's some pretty big differences here, for one they don't just introduce them out of nowhere halfway through the series, they're there from the start, also there's hints throughout the series that they're more than what they seem, and finally thespoilers:
    first "villain" isn't really a villain
    end of spoilers. So to me this isn't the bait and switch we saw in the netflix series, but a payoff that was actually built up to over the course of the series.
    True, and also spoilers:
    there’s a very good chance that there’s more reveals to have about the residents of Westview, some of which may not take place within the boundaries of this series. In the next set of spoiler tags, I’ll list some internet rumours, so that people can opt out of seeing those if they want.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    1. There’s a strong rumour that ‘Herb’ next door is actually Herbert Wyndham. There’s a lot of heavy speculation that High Evolutionary is the next big bad for the Avengers, and he makes sense given Wanda & Pietro’s connection to Wundagore.
    2. Squadron Supreme is supposed to be showing up at some point due to Doctor Strange’s Multiverse of Madness or whatever it’s called that supposedly spins directly out of WandaVision. Dottie Jones is supposedly Arcanna’s real name, and she was definitely married to a Phil Jones, as Dottie is (and Dottie is notably absent from Jimmy Woo’s whiteboard). It would also make sense of why ‘Pietro’ is very sketchy on details of Wanda’s early life, if he’s actually Whizzer/Blur.
    3. We don’t yet know who Dennis the Mailman is, but he’s not really affected by Wanda’s control, so there’s something special there. He may be Jimmy’s guy in Witness Protection, or one rumour is that he’s actually Willie Lumpkin, paving the way for the FF to join the MCU. That one’s probably doubtful, but Dennis is definitely ‘someone’.
    4. Anybody else? Norm? The Harts? Advert Lady? Any of these could be someone significant. They’re using this series as a launchpad for future MCU projects.
    5. Why is Hayward after Vision’s body? Is he actually Ultron? Or since the rest of his unit turned into a circus, could he become Ringmaster? (I’m clearly just reaching myself now!)
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

....I swear, some people can really get on my nerves.

Customer: Don't you have fitting rooms in this store?

Me: Yeah, but unfortunately they're closed till further notice.

Customer: (scoffs, drops her items, and walked away) Then why am I wasting my time here?

Me: ....

Oh I don't know...It's your own damn fault you didn't want to read the 6 goddamn signs in the store that says we're closed! Like seriously, I would had exploded had she kept running her mouth off.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    ....I swear, some people can really get on my nerves.

Customer: Don't you have fitting rooms in this store?

Me: Yeah, but unfortunately they're closed till further notice.

Customer: (scoffs, drops her items, and walked away) Then why am I wasting my time here?

Me: ....

Oh I don't know...It's your own damn fault you didn't want to read the 6 goddamn signs in the store that says we're closed! Like seriously, I would had exploded had she kept running her mouth off.
    I am so very, very sorry you need to put up with the worst of people.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I am so very, very sorry you need to put up with the worst of people.
    No worries. It's just really frustrating nobody reads signs at all...And then they get mad later on as if we didn't warn them.

Like damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    No worries. It's just really frustrating nobody reads signs at all...And then they get mad later on as if we didn't warn them.

Like damn.
    Many people are inconsiderate and feel that 'service' means 'servants', I figure.
    Why are we here?

Extraordinary Member

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

dave was born to play BW megatron.

yessss.

Gamestop is going up again, and reddit is down
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Extraordinary Member

So, the season premiere for Death Battle will be

spoilers:

Yoda vs King Mickey
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    So, the season premiere for Death Battle will be

spoilers:

Yoda vs King Mickey
    end of spoilers
    Cool. Keyblade VS Lightsaber.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Cool. Keyblade VS Lightsaber.

Since Time Magic is canonically depicted via cutscenes and he's a practitioner of it,spoilers:
    Mickey could potentially end the battle with a Stopza and decapitation
    end of spoilers. Of course, since DB likes to include non-canonical material in their matches, I can easily see spoilers:
    Yoda taking the win due to whatever TK absurdity he's capable of in the EU stories.
    end of spoilers

It's a damn shame that we didn't get to see what effect Ultima has in KH. (Nomura, you damn tease!)
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

my nephew called me and he wanted to know when the next book is coming. he was asking for a friend.