Page 2377 of 2467 FirstFirst ... 1377187722772327236723732374237523762377237823792380238123872427 ... LastLast
Results 35,641 to 35,655 of 37004

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    I think that cat just kicked out of the pin attempt.

The otter needs to hook the leg.
    Chief Curmudgeon

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post

Spy x Family: spoilers:
    So, Anya managed to earn herself another Stella *and* a Tonitrus Bolt for her scores in Classical Language and Math respectively(and the face that Loid makes is definitely meme-worthy). We meet Damian's elder brother and he's just as inscrutable as his mother. It also seems to be implied that he can subconsciously block or detect when his mind is being read, so he's either an esper himself or his grooming may have conditioned his mind to pick up on any minute cognitive discrepancies within his brain. To add a bit more mystery into the pot, Loid suspects that Anya's unusual aptitude in Classical Language is linked to her upbringing/experimentation.
    end of spoilers
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Spy x Family: spoilers:
    So, Anya managed to earn herself another Stella *and* a Tonitrus Bolt for her scores in Classical Language and Math respectively(and the face that Loid makes is definitely meme-worthy). We meet Damian's elder brother and he's just as inscrutable as his mother. It also seems to be implied that he can subconsciously block or detect when his mind is being read, so he's either an esper himself or his grooming may have conditioned his mind to pick up on any minute cognitive discrepancies within his brain. To add a bit more mystery into the pot, Loid suspects that Anya's unusual aptitude in Classical Language is linked to her upbringing/experimentation.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Anya's scores are perfectly balanced as all things should be. I'm glad Loid was able to get over his stress and praise Anya's achievement. Demetrius is an interesting fellow. Clearly he and Melinda have been seriously messed up in different ways from being so close to Donovan. And just like his mother there's something sad about Demetrius and his behaviour and thoughts. It'll be interesting to see what that mind blank state is all about.
    end of spoilers
    [/spoil]

Mouse cleans House (shed actually)

Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Mouse cleans House (shed actually)

Yeah, this actually made the BBC national news yesterday. It’s ridiculously cute. This little guy is soooo determined.
    Chief Curmudgeon

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

I saw that video making the rounds on Tumblr... ^_^ A very Tumblr-ish video, to be sure.

Well, after years and years of on-again, off-again 'retirement', my teacher has announced that he's moving to an apartment and will 100% be quitting instructing any of us. Given we won't have anywhere to practice, I feel he means it this time (he's also giving away pretty much all of his equipment...).

So I enter a new phase of my learning, dominated by practicing with my peers.

At least he has invited me back for seven more classes, all the way up until he moves.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Fantastic Member

Mother's Basement analyses Jujutsu Kaisen season 2's climactic fight:

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I saw that video making the rounds on Tumblr... ^_^ A very Tumblr-ish video, to be sure.

Well, after years and years of on-again, off-again 'retirement', my teacher has announced that he's moving to an apartment and will 100% be quitting instructing any of us. Given we won't have anywhere to practice, I feel he means it this time (he's also giving away pretty much all of his equipment...).

So I enter a new phase of my learning, dominated by practicing with my peers.

At least he has invited me back for seven more classes, all the way up until he moves.
    That was nice of him to give you advanced warning, and not just drop everything at once. Good luck on finding a new place to keep practicing!

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    That was nice of him to give you advanced warning, and not just drop everything at once. Good luck on finding a new place to keep practicing!
    I'm already getting together with two of the other guys every week to practice - have been for over a year, now. But no more teacher, for sure. It's up to us to keep this going and learn from each other.

Good thing that between the three of us, we have a ton of varied experience. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Novaria mission…that was a good one.

Your account of this is making me even more solid on my decision not to watch it. Maybe that will change when part two comes out, but I doubt it.
    I think I'm maybe invested enough/am curious enough about being in the know with my movie crowd that I will watch part 2. I suppose it can't be worse...probably
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

How about a survival horror RPG where you don't get any levels, there's no leveling up. you're physical stats remind static. In exchange you would just get skill points to spend on survival stuff like crafting.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 01-09-2024 at 12:21 AM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    I think I'm maybe invested enough/am curious enough about being in the know with my movie crowd that I will watch part 2. I suppose it can't be worse...probably
    Masochist. ^_^

Let me know how it goes.
    Why are we here?

Chainsaw Man: spoilers:
    Poor Denji's finally been pushed over the edge, and not even Nayuta can get through to him(though he has enough presence of mind to tell her not be involved with him anymore for her own safety). Well, you depraved bastards literally asked for this, so you can't complain with what you get. And I won't lie: It's so morbidly gratifying to see Denji instilling proper fear into these idiots while he's tearing them apart. Barem will hopefully be his next target in the following chapter since he's the damn ringleader for this massacre.
    end of spoilers

Blue Exorcist: spoilers:
    All right, I have to give Satan credit: He definitely knows how to create a good fortress with puzzles straight out of a Silent Hill game. Asmodeus continues to prove himself to be an intriguing character (not to mention perverse in more than one context) and we get a bit more lore about how high-level demons such as Amon and himself aren't as affected by Satan's energy-siphoning as the Baal. And this fight with Asmodeus also demonstrates just how much Shura's been holding back in her previous battles because the scale of her techniques is ridiculous. And this is her supposedly "depowered". Meanwhile, Amon gets frustrated after beating Osceola to a pulp because his bling got damaged and just goes "Oh well, I'll self-destruct and wipe out everything in a 10-kilometer radius since we demons just respawn in new bodies anyway." And Osceola looks as though he's about to activate War Cry to stop him.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Len Ikari145; 01-09-2024 at 11:04 AM.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Extraordinary Member

Chainsaw Man: spoilers:
    Poor Denji's finally been pushed over the edge, and not even Nayuta can get through to him(though he has enough presence of mind to tell her not be involved with him anymore for her own safety). Well, you depraved bastards literally asked for this, so you can't complain with what you get. And I won't lie: It's so morbidly gratifying to see Denji instilling proper fear into these idiots while he's tearing them apart. Barem will hopefully be his next target in the following chapter since he's the damn ringleader for this massacre.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    This is so leading up to a confrontation with Asa who might be able to save Denji from his own rage and reptile brain... maybe. If Barem and others get in the way in the mean time remains to be seen. Hopefully at least Barem gets stuck between Asa and Denji's weapons.
    end of spoilers

Blue Exorcist: spoilers:
    All right, I have to give Satan credit: He definitely knows how to create a good fortress with puzzles straight out of a Silent Hill game. Asmodeus continues to prove himself to be an intriguing character (not to mention perverse in more than one context) and we get a bit more lore about how high-level demons such as Amon and himself aren't as affected by Satan's energy-siphoning as the Baal. And this fight with Asmodeus also demonstrates just how much Shura's been holding back in her previous battles because the scale of her techniques is ridiculous. And this is her supposedly "depowered". Meanwhile, Amon gets frustrated after beating Osceola to a pulp because his bling got damaged and just goes "Oh well, I'll self-destruct and wipe out everything in a 10-kilometer radius since we demons just respawn in new bodies anyway." And Osceola looks as though he's about to activate War Cry to stop him.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Satan is a gamer nerd. Very relatable. I enjoyed seeing Rin and Yukio working together and both bringing useful insight and knowledge to their investiation.

So in Asmodeus and Amon we have one perverse implacable man and one narcissist who is ready to nuke the area, and they both have high level demon fire. Wonderful. Osceola will most likely be able to bring one of them down at the cost of his own life. I wonder what Shura might be able to pull off on her part.
    end of spoilers