Page 858 of 2458 FirstFirst ... 35875880884885485585685785885986086186286890895813581858 ... LastLast
Results 12,856 to 12,870 of 36864

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    I'm almost the reverse for the first two: TFA was good, TLJ was okay, TROS was neither of the previous two and Rogue One was entertaining.

Also, there seems to be a lot of concern among the fandom that Kathleen Kennedy is going to be fired by Disney's new CEO.
    Everything's bad and no one's allowed to have anything nice.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

I talked about a bad CBR My Hero Academia article before, but I believe I found an even worse one: 5 Superheroes All Might Can Defeat (and 5 he can't).

Heroes he can defeat include The Hulk and The Flash, while heroes he can't include Batman and Black Panther.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    I talked about a bad CBR My Hero Academia article before, but I believe I found an even worse one: 5 Superheroes All Might Can Defeat (and 5 he can't).

Heroes he can defeat include The Hulk and The Flash, while heroes he can't include Batman and Black Panther.
    Cosmic Arm-Lock.

PLUS ULTRA

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    I'm almost the reverse for the first two: TFA was good, TLJ was okay, TROS was neither of the previous two and Rogue One was entertaining.

Also, there seems to be a lot of concern among the fandom that Kathleen Kennedy is going to be fired by Disney's new CEO.
    I personally think both TFA and TLJ were great, TROS was a disappointment, Rogue One was ok for the most part and the last act with the war scene was great. Solo was entertaining.

Rebels might be my favourite Star Wars show, I never got that into Clone Wars. And I've never seen the Mandalorian because I'll never get Disney+

With Bob Iger and Dan Didio stepping down, and the rumors that AT&T might sell DC Comics to Disney, it'll be interesting to see how the american pop culture landscape evolves in the coming years.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post

Let me guess, the two rich dudes get tons of one-sided prep.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

IMO, the sequel trilogy is worse than the prequels. at least in terms of overall storytelling.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Rogue One was ok for the most part and the last act with the war scene was great.
    The last 45 minutes of Rogue One is perhaps the best Star Wars has been in the modern era.

It's a shame the rest of the movie was very confused and busy. There's a legitimately brilliant film in there but it's marred by weird and clumsy construction.

Other than that I liked TLJ a lot, thought TFA was... yeah, it was fine? Didn't see TROS and continue to be glad that I didn't.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    IMO, the sequel trilogy is worse than the prequels. at least in terms of overall storytelling.
    As a trilogy the prequels have better narrative cohesion. Lucas had a story he wanted to tell in three parts and he did so. The execution is far from flawless though, especially the dialogue, but they're still overall fun silly space movies.

However, for me The Force Awakens is the most entertained I've ever been while watching a Star Wars movie and The Last Jedi had a lot of big and new ideas that I really liked. So I think that those two are overall stronger individual movies.

But what do I know. I'm that one guy that has Attack of the Clones in my top 4 list of Star Wars movies.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Loved -- absolutely loved -- Rogue One. Is my favorite Star Wars movie. The first half had me sort of 'this is okay', then it just massively ramped up.

Enjoyed The Force Awakens, was very good. Enjoyed it far more than Episode One, in any case. Also enjoyed The Last Jedi, for the most part -- couple of things made me go 'hm', but most of it was really good.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    As a trilogy the prequels have better narrative cohesion. Lucas had a story he wanted to tell in three parts and he did so. The execution is far from flawless though, especially the dialogue, but they're still overall fun silly space movies.

However, for me The Force Awakens is the most entertained I've ever been while watching a Star Wars movie and The Last Jedi had a lot of big and new ideas that I really liked. So I think that those two are overall stronger individual movies.

But what do I know. I'm that one guy that has Attack of the Clones in my top 4 list of Star Wars movies.
    i'm not so much of a fanboy that i will say the prequels are flawless but they had some bits in them that were just genius.

like when anakin was about to look for his mother and before he heads off, his shadow looks like that of darth vader for a split second. or how after he buries his mother, he takes a handful of sand and grinds it into his palm.

BANNED

TBH I think Rouge One is kind of boring, outside of the supporting characters and that one Vader scene.

Liked Force Awakens, didn't like Last Jedi, didn't care enough to see Rise.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

For me TFA is the best of the new trilogy, followed by TROS and then TLJ. TLJ just has way too much stuff that didn’t make sense on top of a 30 minute sub-plot that stalls the entire movie for me (a sub-plot that is worthless to the main plot).

I find ESB, Rogue One, and probably ROTS as my favorites personally (The Mandolorian as well).
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

The differences in peoples' opinions on the various movies in the franchise at least show that preferences are personal. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    The differences in peoples' opinions on the various movies in the franchise at least show that preferences are personal. ^_^
    Very true.

Though honestly I find the ‘filler’ non-movie stuff to be generally superior (books, games, comics, shows, etc....) because they actually get to flush out characters and the universe as a a whole.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Very true.

Though honestly I find the ‘filler’ non-movie stuff to be generally superior (books, games, comics, shows, etc....) because they actually get to flush out characters and the universe as a a whole.
    Well in regards to the movies, this is probably a minority opinion, but I think they were never that great to begin with. This isn't to say they were bad or not good. But at the end of the day it was just a standard heroes journey/fantasy adventure, but in space.

As I said it's still a well told heroes journey/fantasy adventure, but Empire is the only SW films that was ever anything special from a story telling standpoint.