Page 859 of 2458 FirstFirst ... 35975980984985585685785885986086186286386990995913591859 ... LastLast
Results 12,871 to 12,885 of 36861
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDalek View Post
    Well in regards to the movies, this is probably a minority opinion, but I think they were never that great to begin with. This isn't to say they were bad or not good. But at the end of the day it was just a standard heroes journey/fantasy adventure, but in space.

As I said it's still a well told heroes journey/fantasy adventure, but Empire is the only SW films that was ever anything special from a story telling standpoint.
    Empire was my favorite out of the originals, yep.

The movies...what set them apart was the style, the visuals, the F/X, that kind of thing. There really wasn't anything like them around at the time, I feel.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Empire was my favorite out of the originals, yep.

The movies...what set them apart was the style, the visuals, the F/X, that kind of thing. There really wasn't anything like them around at the time, I feel.
    True, but that's also probably a big part of why Star Wars isn't that big with the kids today. More so than the quality or lack there of, of the Disney Trilogy.

At the time Star Wars was a spectacle unlike anything that had been seen before, today it is not.

Extraordinary Member

True, but that's also probably a big part of why Star Wars isn't that big with the kids today. More so than the quality or lack there of, of the Disney Trilogy.

At the time Star Wars was a spectacle unlike anything that had been seen before, today it is not.
    My cousin's kids are more familiar with Star Wars via the CGI-shows than the original or prequel movies.

As time goes on more and more kids will have very different first experiences with Star Wars. It's not necessarily the original trilogy that they'll see first anymore. But even with that it's a fairly popular franchise with all ages.

All of the last three movies made over 1 billion dollars at the box office after all.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Well, one of the managers just told me I am the most hardest working employee in the store since it opened 3+ years ago.

...I'm surprisingly touched.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    My cousin's kids are more familiar with Star Wars via the CGI-shows than the original or prequel movies.

As time goes on more and more kids will have very different first experiences with Star Wars. It's not necessarily the original trilogy that they'll see first anymore. But even with that it's a fairly popular franchise with all ages.

All of the last three movies made over 1 billion dollars at the box office after all.
    It's still a fairly big franchise, but still not as big as it once was (my nephews don't care about Star Wars). Obviously that's not to say no kids like it, but I don't think it caught on with them the way it did with millennials and Gen-xers.

I will admit my dislike of Star Wars fans fans probably does colour my view on things.

Extraordinary Member

E3 is cancelled due to concerned about the corona virus.

Probably smart.

BANNED

E3 is cancelled due to concerned about the corona virus.

Probably smart.
    I'm not so sure. It's four months away and the Corona virus business could well be over and done with by then. I'm not saying they should wait to the last minute, but canceling it nearly half year in advanced is a bit to soon in my opinion.

Let me guess, the two rich dudes get tons of one-sided prep.
    No. Black Panther wins because vibranium and Batman wins pretty much because he's Batman, and thus being able to run over 100+ miles and devastate city blocks with a punch (and that's him on the last dregs of One for All and with a crippling injury) mean nothing before Batman.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

I'm not so sure. It's four months away and the Corona virus business could well be over and done with by then. I'm not saying they should wait to the last minute, but canceling it nearly half year in advanced is a bit to soon in my opinion.
    honestly this might be the death knell for the whole expo period.

the houston livestock show and rodeo has been cancelled.

So Romantic!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post

So Romantic!
    true love right there.