Page 738 of 2452 FirstFirst ... 23863868872873473573673773873974074174274878883812381738 ... LastLast
Results 11,056 to 11,070 of 36776
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    This is hilarious. Also sad/terrifying. But mostly hilarious.
    This election has been... honestly a bit less ugly than I expected. Tories seem to be losing their lead in the polls thua bit, which is good.

BBC has been doing a lot of extremely suss stuff in their coverage which is never a good sign.

Still in two weeks, we'll be done with it and either completely fucked or in a coalition which might lead to us being less fucked in the long run.

Am I drinking more as a coping mechanism? No, but only because I've been drinking more as a coping mechanism for like the last three years.

Aaaaaargh.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I just decided this morning to try and sell most of my Comics and TPB's.
    My husband talked me out of it, or at least to postpone selling them. All I wish is to get a steady job, somewhere. I hate being unemployed.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    BBC has been doing a lot of extremely suss stuff in their coverage which is never a good sign.
    Last I saw they edited about two seconds of footage of UK Trump after he was asked a question that produced a considerable amount of laughter. I believe the question was some approximation of "how important is the truth" with the unspoken subtext and the reason for laughter being pretty easy to suss out.

One has to wonder why you did that, BBC, was it to make him look better ? I'd assume so. I didn't think the BBC was becoming the next Fox News.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    This is hilarious. Also sad/terrifying. But mostly hilarious.
    What's this ? An Arbitus Twoamus out of Rumbles ?

Phenomenal. Simply phenomenal.

One presumes that its typical hunting grounds have not produced the sustenance it requires. Though from what I, Sir Cthulhu Attenbourough have seen of this particular specimen, a rather inspirning level of self-awareness has seemed to possess the trap-laying huntsman of late; and perhaps it simply seeks to take in what the other biomes have to offer and has wandered on down to the local Rumbles Biome watering hole in an attempt to engage in worthwhile discourse with those who seek the same.

Again ... simply phenomenal.

In any event, one can never say that there is not SOME measure of excitement to be had, on Planet Comic Book Rumbles. I have been your host, Sir Cthulhu Attenbourough, may you all have a blessed day.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

My husband talked me out of it, or at least to postpone selling them. All I wish is to get a steady job, somewhere. I hate being unemployed.
    Have you tried checking job sites? I know that looking for jobs tended to drive me nuts but you might be able to find something on those.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

RWBY has the Speed Force now.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Have you tried checking job sites? I know that looking for jobs tended to drive me nuts but you might be able to find something on those.
    Every Job Site imaginable. I've applied to at least 2 dozen jobs, if not more since August, nothing yet. Its' very frustrating.

Every Job Site imaginable. I've applied to at least 2 dozen jobs, if not more since August, nothing yet. Its' very frustrating.
    What kind of work are you trying to do?

Quote Originally Posted by FistofIron View Post
    What kind of work are you trying to do?
    Research Librarian, Information Manager, or anything in the general area of expertise. I live in an area that is highly competitive as far as jobs go. Almost any job will do right now, if I can get hired.

Research Librarian, Information Manager, or anything in the general area of expertise. I live in an area that is highly competitive as far as jobs go. Almost any job will do right now, if I can get hired.
    You ever thought about doing security?

You ever thought about doing security?
    You mean Cybersecurity? Or regular security? Either way, those are not positions I'm qualified for.

Oh yeah. I've been there. You might want to consider looking into a career coach.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

You mean Cybersecurity? Or regular security? Either way, those are not positions I'm qualified for.
    I was was talking about regular security. It’s a job that’s always hiring.

I was was talking about regular security. It’s a job that’s always hiring.
    Thanks, just not sure I'm a good fit for it. Most security jobs require some type of relevant background.
    Last edited by Tami; 11-30-2019 at 05:22 PM.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator