My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I guess I'm more confused by the first thing.

How is that possible. Why.
    Because writers.

Sometimes writers are so busy pushing out their own thoughts that they can’t let other thoughts in.

That’s how and why.

oh hey new Berserk chapter

My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    oh hey new Berserk chapter
    He must've finished the newest Love Live.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Re-read a lot of Teppuu again (thanks for reminding me of the name, Nik), and one of the things I love about it - besides the great characterizations, the themes, the depth, the knowledge of martial arts/fighting and the capacity to illustrate it in a realistic fashion - is the subversion of the trope of the 'talent is more important than training'. You know, that thing in manga (and other places) where one character is just 'naturally' better than everyone else, picking up new 'techniques' and stuff on the fly, improving dramatically in days if not hours (or seconds, mid-fight), and beating down people who have been training all of their lives.

The central character of Teppuu has that clichéd 'natural talent' where they're fantastically good at fighting and pick up stuff really quickly. They do train, of course, but really progress quickly in that training. They make it all the way to a tournament, fight their way to the final, and come up against a fighter they've been wanting to tussle with for a long time.

A fighter who actually had zero natural talent (who kinda sucked, really), who just trained incredibly hard for years and years, harder and longer than anyone else in her school. Whose only real 'natural' talent was a lack of fear of fighting and a drive to work hard at it.

The central character loses against this no-talent, obsessively-trained fighter.

Maaaaan, I like Teppuu.
    Adding to this, Teppuu has probably one of my top favorite protagonists. Natsuo just has layers of nuance that you don't really get with a lot of main characters; like knowing at times when she's being an ******* but relishing in it all the same because she actually gets to feel some form of emotion from it.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

A demo for Resident Evil Village ( PS5) is up on PSN store.
    My Forum check it out

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Cthulhu, who hired you to direct a Resident Evil game? In all seriousness, I'm just wondering what new virus strain produces werewolves, telekinetics, people that can transmogrify themselves into a swarm of insects, etc.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    A demo for Resident Evil Village ( PS5) is up on PSN store.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Cthulhu, who hired you to direct a Resident Evil game? In all seriousness, I'm just wondering what new virus strain produces werewolves, telekinetics, people that can transmogrify themselves into a swarm of insects, etc.
    I will be calling it the Vlad Virus until further notice.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

A refined version of the stuff from Resident Evil Biohazard?
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

I can’t wait for Back 4 Blood. I might call off work and break out the Mountain Dew for an all night gaming session.

The Candyman can.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    The Candyman can.
    But he's a vengeance spirit-thingy and for all of its pseudo-scientific absurdity, RE hasn't dabbled into the paranormal...yet.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!