Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Sharp always plays a class with knives, cuz... Sharp and pointies.
    Could be a Wizard though. Sharp words and pointy fingers.

Or a Druid. Sharp thorns and pointy claws.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Sharp always plays a class with knives, cuz... Sharp and pointies.
    Not surprisingly...yeah. In D&D, I tend to play rogues and such, and I play them more as 'practical, self-trained fighters with skillz' rather than 'thieves'. And they have been known to use knives. I've rarely played spellcasters (as a player); other choices are 'modified rangers' (usually modified to a non-spellcasting variant), duelist kinds of characters, and other melee types (*cough*infernal berserker*cough*).

Then again, most of my RPG career was spent GMing. PbP really helped me get a chance to actually PLAY some games. ^_^
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 05-16-2021 at 12:37 PM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post

Aha... ^_^
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post

Knife Mage (Rogue): I CAST KNIFE.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Not surprisingly...yeah. In D&D, I tend to play rogues and such, and I play them more as 'practical, self-trained fighters with skillz' rather than 'thieves'. And they have been known to use knives. I've rarely played spellcasters (as a player); other choices are 'modified rangers' (usually modified to a non-spellcasting variant), duelist kinds of characters, and other melee types.

Then again, most of my RPG career was spent GMing. PbP really helped me get a chance to actually PLAY some games. ^_^
    There's a beauty to play-by-post, especially since (especially now) the hardest part of DnD is getting a group together IRL. While online is certainly an option just... doesn't have the same feel, in my opinion.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Knife Mage (Rogue): I CAST KNIFE.
    Thumbs up to that spell.

There's a beauty to play-by-post, especially since (especially now) the hardest part of DnD is getting a group together IRL. While online is certainly an option just... doesn't have the same feel, in my opinion.
    I've played some really good PBP games, even with 3.5 D&D, on Rpol and Storycrafter (mostly defunct now), where we focused more on RP and so forth than endless combat. Some really, really good games. But I've had problems finding a group that does it similarly (that group broke up due to life - we played together for about a decade).

Tabletop game has people in it with whom I've played for about 25 years, so we do a lot of very unselfconscious RP.
    Why are we here?

See, a good IRL group can last decades.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

See, a good IRL group can last decades.
    Oh, absolutely. Some of the people in my group - no longer there - were in from when I was sixteen. That's going back to 1986. Others still there have been in the group since...jeez, 1990, so that's 30 years.

On the other hand, I've been playing with one guy on Rpol since 2002. So...SOMETIMES - far more rarely - the PbP stuff does stick together. ^_^ But it's the exception.
    Why are we here?

So, next time on Death Battle... Beach City's Gonna get a Little Weird and Wild due to a Princess from Another Dimension.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    So, next time on Death Battle... Beach City's Gonna get a Little Weird and Wild due to a Princess from Another Dimension.
    I figured that was going to be a match-up when we saw the preview for this season. It'll be interesting to see how they judge the two, but this should Star's victory if I've understood their respective capabilities correctly.

Extraordinary Member

One Piece: A lot of things happened there. I feel bad for Zeus now, which I didn't expect. Not sure if this is it for him or not. Kid got to be really cool there which is nice. But the big thing is that spoilers:
    Kaido currently has a 2 - 0 victory streak against Monkey D. Luffy. ...also, somebody has to pick Luffy up before he dies.
    end of spoilers

My Hero Academia: Great introduction to the series' new villainess and the basics of her back story. She'll be an interesting foil against Deku going forward.

Overhaul is also here and he seems to be completely broken. Good, **** that guy.

SPY X FAMILY: Tension building chapters are the best and worst at the same time. But it looks like **** will hit the fan next chapter and I am all ready for Yor to kick all the asses before hopefully having time to chill with her family.

Until Bakugou is killed I don't care about MHA.

Arx Inosaan

There are hints of a decent character in Bakugou in the way he's driven to win, to the point where it accidentally makes him an effective leader in certain skirmishes.

Unfortunately he keeps leaning back on the misanthropic 'angry turd' schtick which is a flat and annoying.

Basically, if Horikoshi turned Bakugou into the Michael Jordan of the UA Class-1A lineup that would at least give him a direction.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Extraordinary Member

Ok. So?

He's not even in this chapter, which you evidently won't read anyway, nor did I mention him at all.

So why even bother commenting on the comment if you don't care about the series being commented on?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    There are hints of a decent character in Bakugou in the way he's driven to win, to the point where it accidentally makes him an effective leader in certain skirmishes.

Unfortunately he keeps leaning back on the misanthropic 'angry turd' schtick which is a flat and annoying.

Basically, if Horikoshi turned Bakugou into the Michael Jordan of the UA Class-1A lineup that would at least give him a direction.
    So you're saying Horikoshi should do the thing he's already been doing for a long time now