Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Yo, mailedbypostman here if anyone remembers. Used to hang out here in high school. I'm surprised this place is still alive.
    Welcome back to the party, Post!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post

spoilers:
    The obvious winner won.
    end of spoilers

Also, next time is Sanji vs. Rock Lee... So, considering DB's research and reasoning methods, Rock Lee is the obvious winner.
    Now now.

They do get the right result fairly often, mostly for weird reasons but it works for them.

Hopefully the next one will be one of those cases.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

spoilers:
    The obvious winner won.
    end of spoilers

Also, next time is Sanji vs. Rock Lee... So, considering DB's research and reasoning methods, Rock Lee is the obvious winner.
    I don't understand this match at all, they basically already did it in Batman vs Spiderman and this is just as lopsided if not moreso

not sure what to make of how Lee vs Sanji as my gut says One Piece eclipsed Naruto in power levels a while ago, but they may use some weird ABC logic to try and use Gai or Naruto's feats(God I hate the moon splitting feat) for him
    Last edited by Hiromi; 11-30-2020 at 04:31 PM.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    I don't understand this match at all, they basically already did it in Batman vs Spiderman and this is just as lopsided if not moreso

not sure what to make of how Lee vs Sanji as my gut says One Piece eclipsed Naruto in power levels a while ago, but they may use some weird ABC logic to try and use Gai or Naruto's feats(God I hate the moon splitting feat) for him
    after goro vs. machamp, i'll believe anything they pull out of their asses.

So I guess the bigger question is... why watch Screw Attack. They're about as accurate at appraising feats as... well.

They're not accurate.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    So I guess the bigger question is... why watch Screw Attack. They're about as accurate at appraising feats as... well.

They're not accurate.
    We don't watch Death Battle because they're accurate. Oh lord we don't watch for that. We watch Death Battle because they're entertaining. Like why people watch action movies.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

We don't watch Death Battle because they're accurate. Oh lord we don't watch for that. We watch Death Battle because they're entertaining. Like why people watch action movies.
    Sounds like a bad case of being spoiled by Rumbles. Once you've Rumbled here, every other battle just isn't good enough or it gets the MST3K treatment.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Sounds like a bad case of being spoiled by Rumbles. Once you've Rumbled here, every other battle just isn't good enough or it gets the MST3K treatment.
    Eh, I can easily see why Rumbles rules wouldn't work for some people. Our way has it's flaws as well as it's advantages.

Extraordinary Member

The high-tier Naruto characters are actually many times more powerful than the high-tier One Piece characters. Rock Lee however is not even close to a high-tier character (in terms of power that is, in terms of actual character he's still super-endearing), and Sanji should thrash him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post

They're not accurate.
    Death Battle, they changed the channel name quite a while ago.

I watch it because I think it's fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    after goro vs. machamp, i'll believe anything they pull out of their asses.
    I for example love that one, including the results.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Eh, I can easily see why Rumbles rules wouldn't work for some people. Our way has it's flaws as well as it's advantages.
    Yeah, some people (especially those not used to our rules) are probably perplexed as why we dismiss certain feats.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    The high-tier Naruto characters are actually many times more powerful than the high-tier One Piece characters. Rock Lee however is not even close to a high-tier character (in terms of power that is, in terms of actual character he's still super-endearing), and Sanji should thrash him.

Death Battle, they changed the channel name quite a while ago.

I watch it because I think it's fun.

I for example love that one, including the results.

Yeah, some people (especially those not used to our rules) are probably perplexed as why we dismiss certain feats.
    i got no problems with the result fo that battle. it's the hulk-sized leaps in logic that make me roll my eyes.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    i got no problems with the result fo that battle. it's the hulk-sized leaps in logic that make me roll my eyes.
    This is true.

But such is the nature of video game characters with few concrete feats.

Though their analysis of Machamp's power reinforces my belief that all humans in the Pokemon world are unaging immortals (not just Ash) because otherwise the mere existence of certain Pokemon would be their doom!

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Oh, they are.

The thing about it is that many of them don't look at it like 'different site, different rules'. They look at it as 'our rules are the only ones that make sense, everyone else is a bunch of morons.' Which is why we occasionally get people from those other sites coming here to try to 'prove' us wrong. And getting downright furious when it's pointed out to them that their point of view is nice, but the rules are pretty squarely written at the top of the board.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

...so, for some unknown reason, DC has suddenly started putting Cass in something approximating her old outfit, and not calling her Orphan any more (it's CLOSE to her old outfit, but it's not exactly the same...but it's clearly 'Batgirl').

Weird.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate