Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Yeah. Was worried they'd just keep things 'Tours only' like...for years and years.

Hopefully they'll stick with opening up.
    We'll see. World may end before next year.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    We'll see. World may end before next year.
    Well, okay. Yes.

I'm trying to stay optimistic, dammit! At least about Japan!

^_^
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Well, okay. Yes.

I'm trying to stay optimistic, dammit! At least about Japan!

^_^
    I mean I've got some optimism, but we've got a literal child throwing a tantrum and threatening a nuclear option; and for once it's not North Korea
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

I was going to say “Japan is only open next year?” And then I remembered, this year is already almost over jeez

Anyways I was curious about going but I’d be going alone and I’m not sure about how much I’d get out of it alone and without language knowledge. I know the touristy areas will be fine but idk
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Document for the Rumbles RPG System is now a three page excel document and over 2000 words of explanation and some flavour text.

Might **** about and put up a Sign Up/Stress Test thread for the system, see if you guys can make anything fully broken.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Gundam The Witch From Mercury is basically Utena with Gundams and really good so far.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Document for the Rumbles RPG System is now a three page excel document and over 2000 words of explanation and some flavour text.

Might **** about and put up a Sign Up/Stress Test thread for the system, see if you guys can make anything fully broken.
    Impressive so far as I've seen. So we'll get a chance tot test this out and try to break it or not break it?
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

I mean I've got some optimism, but we've got a literal child throwing a tantrum and threatening a nuclear option; and for once it's not North Korea
    This...is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    I was going to say “Japan is only open next year?” And then I remembered, this year is already almost over jeez

Anyways I was curious about going but I’d be going alone and I’m not sure about how much I’d get out of it alone and without language knowledge. I know the touristy areas will be fine but idk
    Speaking from experience, you'll have zero problems in Tokyo and very little problem in Kyoto (probably same in Osaka). My wife and I have done two trips there, one three weeks the other four weeks, splitting them between cities, and we almost NEVER had a problem. Just read up the cultural hints in Lonely Planet before you go (actually, just read the Lonely Planet guidebooks on the places you want to go), and you'll be okay.

It's the more rural areas where I suspect it would be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post

Will now have a look.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Speaking from experience, you'll have zero problems in Tokyo and very little problem in Kyoto (probably same in Osaka). My wife and I have done two trips there, one three weeks the other four weeks, splitting them between cities, and we almost NEVER had a problem. Just read up the cultural hints in Lonely Planet before you go (actually, just read the Lonely Planet guidebooks on the places you want to go), and you'll be okay.

It's the more rural areas where I suspect it would be a problem.
    I'll definitely look at those, thanks
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    I'll definitely look at those, thanks
    Lonely Planet Tokyo, Lonely Planet Kyoto, and Top Ten Tokyo were the three guidebooks we really used extensively.
    Why are we here?

Lonely Planet Tokyo, Lonely Planet Kyoto, and Top Ten Tokyo were the three guidebooks we really used extensively.
    Can also +1 on Lonely Planet, my sister and I went like... ten years ago and did well out of that guidebook.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

A literal child? Who gave a child access to nukes?
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    A literal child? Who gave a child access to nukes?
    This is what you focus on?

When Nik posted that he wanted to see if anyone could come up with anything truly broken using his RPG rules?

Who are you, and what have you done with Munch?

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    This is what you focus on?

When Nik posted that he wanted to see if anyone could come up with anything truly broken using his RPG rules?

Who are you, and what have you done with Munch?
    ...waiting for your input. I've already managed infinite counterattacks.
    Why are we here?

...waiting for your input. I've already managed infinite counterattacks.
    Theoretically infinite, with a lot of caveats on that. It's actually pretty balanced. T_T

(I promise it's balanced)