Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post

Rita could be so damn petty sometimes.
    And that's one of the reasons why she was so fun to hate-love.

What a colossal asshole. It's that evil sitcom nemesis style that I kinda miss in all the modern and cool interpretations.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    And I'm here to ruin it.

Because of copyright, Shuma-Gorath won't be named "Shuma-Gorath" in Multiverse of Madness.
    wat

Well, that's terrible. What kind of crap name will they give him?

*checks*

*stifled guffaws* Really? REALLY? THAT'S their choice of names?

Seriously ridiculous.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    That would be nice.

I wonder if they'd follow the storylines Toyotaro's been writing in the manga or do their own thing.

If it does come out and comes out in fall or winter that anime season will be pretty packed for me between My Hero Academia season 6, the new Bleach anime and possibly this. That would be fun.
    Possibly? Considering that Moro and Granolah are confirmed to be Toyble's storylines/creations while Toriyama has been working more closely on the anime, Toei will either make their own arcs based on whatever plot outlines Toriyama submits, or they'll adapt Moro and Granolah arcs with modifications to the battles and character interaction/depiction to fit more with Toriyama's aesthetic and ideas. Or do both. God, I hope that they actually make Moro's magical abilities more diverse and interesting if they do adapt it.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    wat

*checks*

Seriously ridiculous.
    It's bizarre because surely they could have just copyrighted another Lovecraftian-sounding name.

But it's a good name to turn the movie into a comedy.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

While I'm glad that Orient is getting an anime, because the manga is very good, it's a shame that the one we have is very cheap. :/

wat

*checks*

Seriously ridiculous.
    What are they using
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Possibly? Considering that Moro and Granolah are confirmed to be Toyble's storylines/creations while Toriyama has been working more closely on the anime, Toei will either make their own arcs based on whatever plot outlines Toriyama submits, or they'll adapt Moro and Granolah arcs with modifications to the battles and character interaction/depiction to fit more with Toriyama's aesthetic and ideas. Or do both. God, I hope that they actually make Moro's magical abilities more diverse and interesting if they do adapt it.
    I would love it if they could give Moro a wider range of abilities beyond "Drain the power from opponents whenever he wants except for when it doesn't work for whatever reason". But that would mean giving both Moro and the storyline as a whole a rather significant overhaul since quite a lot of the story progression depends on that very same ability.

If that doesn't get fixed I hope that they can at least give him some fun henchmen.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    What are they using
    Gargantos. Because that's a creature of similar design whose name they actually own.

Extraordinary Member

Hajime No Ippo: No Mashiba! Remember your character development!

Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

the costumes and practical effects in the new Boba Fett series are amazing

Love the way they’re actually developing the culture of spoilers:
    the Sandmen
    end of spoilers.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    It's bizarre because surely they could have just copyrighted another Lovecraftian-sounding name.

But it's a good name to turn the movie into a comedy.
    True to both. *sighs*

Maybe the movie will still be good. I don't know. Strange stuff in MCU has been somewhat up and down for me. I like it, but it's missing some critical element.

This particular naming doesn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    What are they using
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Gargantos. Because that's a creature of similar design whose name they actually own.
    Whereas Shuma-Gorath is an alien sounding name, Gargantos is clearly based on human language and connected to/evoking a meaning of 'I'm big'. That's the impression the name gives - not 'I'm an alien horror god, I'm a big thing.'

A very poor choice, for me.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Love the way they’re actually developing the culture of spoilers:
    the Sandmen
    end of spoilers.
    This, on the other hand, gives me some hope for when I watch that. ^_^
    Why are we here?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

True to both. *sighs*

Maybe the movie will still be good. I don't know. Strange stuff in MCU has been somewhat up and down for me. I like it, but it's missing some critical element.

This particular naming doesn't help.
    Multiverse of Madness is the final thing that the MCU had that I am even remotely interested in. After Endgame (and how much I was burnt out and done with the whole concept by then) I had three things selected that I would consider watching in the future.

Wandavision - which I was really disappointed by.

Shang Chi - which looked so thoroughly generic that I didn't bother seeing it and nothing I've heard about it has caused me to reconsider it.

And then there's Dr Strange 2.

I like Sam Raimi, I think he's a fun and weird little dude as far as directors go and I think Cumberbatch is pretty solid with the character. But that teaser... it looked, as they all do, mostly like a generic old Marvel movie which made me big sad.

I just want a really weird and interesting film and I don't think I'm gonna get that in big budget blockbusters, go figure.