Page 963 of 2439 FirstFirst ... 4638639139539599609619629639649659669679731013106314631963 ... LastLast
Results 14,431 to 14,445 of 36576
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Justice League Dark: Apocalypse War sucked.

Just......sucked. So many moments where my brother and I just looked at each other and went ‘What?’.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post

Just......sucked. So many moments where my brother and I just looked at each other and went ‘What?’.
    spoilers:

And then time travel wiped it all away anyway!
    end of spoilers
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

...This recipe is definitely the epitome of " okay...But why though?"

I will give props for David for putting it together regardless.

Extraordinary Member

Man, Nash gave Hana Kimura a shout out on his show tonight. Turns out she was a fan of his

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

what? for real? considering how the praise it was getting, i thought it was gonna be a masterpiece.

geez? really?

"the vat of acid episode" was equal parts crazy, cool, touching, tragic and fucked up.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    what? for real? considering how the praise it was getting, i thought it was gonna be a masterpiece.

geez? really?
    It's really, really edgy

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    It's really, really edgy
    spoilers:

Lots of heroes get mauled and ripped apart by ParaDooms, Parademons + Doomsy, and either killed off or turned into cyborgs, like Starfire for instance, she gets ripped open, and a whole bunch of other characters get killed off as well over the course of the movie and the Earth is left in a ruined state.

On the bright side, the final battle is insanely cool.

And then it all gets wiped away by Flash time travel.
    end of spoilers

So yeah, even edgy comics would say its edgy.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    spoilers:

Lots of heroes get mauled and ripped apart by ParaDooms, Parademons + Doomsy, and either killed off or turned into cyborgs, like Starfire for instance, she gets ripped open, and a whole bunch of other characters get killed off as well over the course of the movie and the Earth is left in a ruined state.

end of spoilers

i'm gonna need a bandaid after getting cut on all that edge.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    spoilers:

end of spoilers

Uchiha Sasuke during Shippuden, Shadow the Hedgehog, Reaper from Overwatch, and Spawn would tell Justice League Dark: Apocalypse War to calm down.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Poppins: "You don't swing it like you used to, man!"
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

I mean, I have no intentions to watch Apocalypse War but seeing what little clips I find...Yeah, it probably is entertaining but overall I'm surprised at the balls it took.

spoilers:
    Before you know, Flash retcon because the setting is just too depressing to move forward on.
    end of spoilers

spoilers:

Also, the Para-Dooms are the most inconsistent baddies ever. Oh, apparently it only takes three to overpower and maim Shazam, and one to break frigging Superboy’s neck, but dang it if Barbara Gordon, Batwoman, and Damien don’t all take more than their fair share of smacks from them without exploding. Heck, Babs even takes a few out. Powerless Clark Kent holds one at bay with chair.

Captain Boomerang with Kryptonite edged boomerangs takes out over a dozen. The same beings that maim Wonder Woman and Shazam, but Cap B’s slow thrown weapons are mowing ‘em down! Oh, and Bane with Krptonite knuckle dusters straight up Fatalities one by ripping its head and spine out.

Bane. Slow-ass Bane.

King Shark with, and I kid you not, a Kryptonite grill mouth piece, mercs more on screen by biting them than Wondergirl or Steel do. While literally surrounded by Para-Dooms mind you.

But dang if Aquaman, Wondergirl, and Starfire don’t get gutted real quick.

Mind you, this is also the movie where apparently The Justice League thought a) it was smart to take Martian Manhunter, who clearly is very effected by fire in this universe, to a planet known to be mostly on fire (Apokalips), b) also brought Mera to the same planet where there is literally no water anywhere for her to manipulate and use, and c) thought Hawkman should also be one of the main fighters going to Apokalips instead of literally anyone else.

I also love how the teams to attack the ‘Reaper’ Drills are Batwoman, Batgirl, Luke Fox, and Orchid as compared to Superboy, Steel, and Shazam. Kind of feel a bit stacked towards the latter.

Ok, and instead of doing cool transmutation Magic Zatanna will just fire random magic blasts and get ganged up on.
    end of spoilers.

And so much more wrong.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

https://youtu.be/xTNMq37TJcM

Case in point, Zatanna at 0:50 seconds to about the 1 minute mark. Much better magic.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

spoilers:

Also, the Para-Dooms are the most inconsistent baddies ever. Oh, apparently it only takes three to overpower and maim Shazam, and one to break frigging Superboy’s neck, but dang it if Barbara Gordon, Batwoman, and Damien don’t all take more than their fair share of smacks from them without exploding. Heck, Babs even takes a few out. Powerless Clark Kent holds one at bay with chair.

Captain Boomerang with Kryptonite edged boomerangs takes out over a dozen. The same beings that maim Wonder Woman and Shazam, but Cap B’s slow thrown weapons are mowing ‘em down! Oh, and Bane with Krptonite knuckle dusters straight up Fatalities one by ripping its head and spine out.

Bane. Slow-ass Bane.

King Shark with, and I kid you not, a Kryptonite grill mouth piece, mercs more on screen by biting them than Wondergirl or Steel do. While literally surrounded by Para-Dooms mind you.

But dang if Aquaman, Wondergirl, and Starfire don’t get gutted real quick.

Mind you, this is also the movie where apparently The Justice League thought a) it was smart to take Martian Manhunter, who clearly is very effected by fire in this universe, to a planet known to be mostly on fire (Apokalips), b) also brought Mera to the same planet where there is literally no water anywhere for her to manipulate and use, and c) thought Hawkman should also be one of the main fighters going to Apokalips instead of literally anyone else.

I also love how the teams to attack the ‘Reaper’ Drills are Batwoman, Batgirl, Luke Fox, and Orchid as compared to Superboy, Steel, and Shazam. Kind of feel a bit stacked towards the latter.

Ok, and instead of doing cool transmutation Magic Zatanna will just fire random magic blasts and get ganged up on.
    end of spoilers.

And so much more wrong.
    spoilers:
    Well, all the non-Superman class heroes and villains were obviously sharing Batman's plot armor and plot power. Which absorbs the strength, durability, and speed from all Superman-class heroes, hence why they got merced so easily by the same army that was getting stomped by said non-Superman class heroes and villains. Superman only avoided getting merced because he was depowered, and thus could get some of that Batman plot armor and plot power while not being depowered by it.
    end of spoilers
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis