Page 816 of 2454 FirstFirst ... 31671676680681281381481581681781881982082686691613161816 ... LastLast
Results 12,226 to 12,240 of 36796
    The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

*reads X-men versus Fantastic Four 2020*

I'm enjoying this, other than the fact that all of these comics start with 'Now the heroes will act like hyper-aggressive, stubborn idiots'.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

...on another note, it's rather hilarious that Doom is consistently using more old school Marvel Sorcery than Dr. Strange has for the last 10 year. *sighs* Hilarious in a sad way.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Does an RPG have to all be about gaining more and more power and/or skills?
    It doesn't HAVE to be, but for some people that's their favorite part. SO you know, it keeps those guys into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    But yeah, the 'Mortals to Gods' thing is pretty rare in P&P RPG's.
    Only because Scion games tend to die out quickly.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Only because Scion games tend to die out quickly.
    Do they start out as totally normal mortals and, over the course of a short campaign, become insanely powerful gods? Or is the 'is a mortal' stage just part of the prologue?

For clarity, I'm referring to games where people start off relatively normal and in the course of a normal-length campaign become insanely powerful beings due to accrued experience points or whatever kind of 'progression' the game uses.

PS - a normal campaign is not levels 1-20 in D&D; that's either an exceedingly long campaign, or one where the GM is throwing around experience like a sprinkler does water. ^_^
    Why are we here?

Do they start out as totally normal mortals and, over the course of a short campaign, become insanely powerful gods? Or is the 'is a mortal' stage just part of the prologue?
    Depends on the game, Most of them start out as Mortals with relatively minor powers though. And while you CAN stay at that level if that's what your campaign is cool with, the expected way to play it is to progress to more powerful Demigods, and then full on Greek-style Gods. The campaign may not be SHORT, but that is the progression.

For clarity, I'm referring to games where people start off relatively normal and in the course of a normal-length campaign become insanely powerful beings due to accrued experience points or whatever kind of 'progression' the game uses.
    Well, Ok. Scion is more of a "really long campaign" or "Several campaigns using the same characters" to get all the way to literal Gods, yes. But you do buy all the powers, including the power-meter thing that gets you up the power levels with ordinary experience (in Scion 1.0, anyway. In 2 it's more of a "accomplish Narrative goals" kind of thing).

[QUOTE=The MunchKING;4820078]Depends on the game, Most of them start out as Mortals with relatively minor powers though. And while you CAN stay at that level if that's what your campaign is cool with, the expected way to play it is to progress to more powerful Demigods, and then full on Greek-style Gods. The campaign may not be SHORT, but that is the progression.[quote]

Gotcha. Thanks. Scion was one of the games I didn't play, back when. ^_^

Well, Ok. Scion is more of a "really long campaign" or "Several campaigns using the same characters" to get all the way to literal Gods, yes. But you do buy all the powers, including the power-meter thing that gets you up the power levels with ordinary experience (in Scion 1.0, anyway. In 2 it's more of a "accomplish Narrative goals" kind of thing).
    Which, yeah, is in line with other super-fantasy games like Anima, D&D, etc, where characters start out as potentially 'talented normals' and eventually evolve over long, long periods into grossly more potent beings.
    Why are we here?

...on another note, it's rather hilarious that Doom is consistently using more old school Marvel Sorcery than Dr. Strange has for the last 10 year. *sighs* Hilarious in a sad way.
    This doctor doom comic been pretty great but then again the writer is a pretty good writer of his own stuff with a similar vibe
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    This doctor doom comic been pretty great but then again the writer is a pretty good writer of his own stuff with a similar vibe
    I'm totally cool with Doom using the Old School sorcery. It's what he learned. I just wish we saw more of it from Strange, though Stephen IS using more these days.

I just used to love the real serious rhyming spells he pulled off in 'Master of the Mystic Arts' and at the beginning of the 'Sorcerer Supreme' series.
    Why are we here?

Anima Players - I see posts and activity, and thus will try to get something up in the next couple of days.

...possibly including the name of the inn. ^_^
    Why are we here?

Gotcha. Thanks. Scion was one of the games I didn't play, back when. ^_^
    You didn't miss much. Scion rapidly devolves into only one stat mattering due to a poorly thought out system.

Which is a shame because I loved it overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    You didn't miss much. Scion rapidly devolves into only one stat mattering due to a poorly thought out system.
    You'd think they'd have learned from first and second edition Vampire.

Celerity, I'm looking at you.
    Why are we here?

You'd think they'd have learned from first and second edition Vampire.

Celerity, I'm looking at you.
    It is, amusingly, exactly their equivalent of Celerity that is the problem. It turns out that always hitting while being untouchable by anyone without a similar level in that stat is a bit of a problem, balance-wise.

Which, yeah, is in line with other super-fantasy games like Anima, D&D, etc, where characters start out as potentially 'talented normals' and eventually evolve over long, long periods into grossly more potent beings.
    Yeah, but in D&D when people call 20th level casters "Gods" they are speaking somewhat metaphorically. In Scion literally becoming a God was just the start of a whole new adventure.

Which is a shame because I loved it overall.
    It is, amusingly, exactly their equivalent of Celerity that is the problem. It turns out that always hitting while being untouchable by anyone without a similar level in that stat is a bit of a problem, balance-wise.
    You could say 2, Epic Int had a few "I don't need to HIT you as such to cause you to die" things like the Super-plague power.

Also a lot of attacks targeted your willpower instead of physical hits. Which while making the flavor of "can kill anything" really ring true with the mechanics, must have been REALLY ANNOYING to players when even if they rolled perfectly and the other person only scored 1 success, there was literally NO WAY they could have survived.

Anima Players - I see posts and activity, and thus will try to get something up in the next couple of days.

...possibly including the name of the inn. ^_^
    I’ll admit I only posted to say that I would try and get a proper post up on Tuesday. Which I failed to do due to a now-ongoing feud with the family who own all the other flats in the block except ours. But I will DEFINITELY post tomorrow.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

*reads X-men versus Fantastic Four 2020*

I'm enjoying this, other than the fact that all of these comics start with 'Now the heroes will act like hyper-aggressive, stubborn idiots'.
    it's a interesting direction, especially with the new status quo for the xmen.

but we never really have gotten deep into the fact that franklin is a mutant and him having to deal with it like this.