Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Mashle

And that's how you really nail subverting a final boss encounter. Ridiculous stuff but such fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Actually, it looks pretty interesting. If I had access I'd probably watch it, check it out.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    Hey, that's great.

...Meanwhile on my way to work, I ended up imagining how my main character's grandfather at some point in his life finally made peace with his own father who abandoned him as a child cause being a conman and single father wasn't working out. Unfortunately, it happened when he finds out his father died and he goes to get his remains with his two friends.
    Inspiration often strikes at odd times.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

The Kimetsu no Yaiba season finale was absolutely beautiful and no, I am not crying! Screw you! *blows nose* Now there's only the Demon Mark training mini-arc and the final arc, which are likely going to be the same series finale (unless they turn the former into an OVA).
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Due to long-postponed Japan trip happening in very late autumn and the fact that binding something now takes a good month and a half due to Staples sending everything to their Montreal location (like, why? they have all the machines RIGHT THERE, I can see them), I am finishing up my New Year's story early this year. Total word count: 41.5K as of second edit. Am pretty happy with it thus far.

Bit of a relief getting it done now. Whew.
    It's great you've been able to keep this up yearly.

I was thinking of Japan at some point but ofc pandemic happened that year. Kudos for that writing goal being met O_O definitely can’t imagine handling something like that on such a frequent basis
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Extraordinary Member

finally got to see across the spider-verse

I been watching Indian action movies and one thing came to my mind what is up with the slow mo and close ups everywhere.
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    been reading "worst gaiden: mr. zetton".

its great to be back in this world again and following zetton on his path of being a teacher. and nice seeing some old familiar faces.
    Ryushinnnn!
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    Ryushinnnn!
    What's up Froggy.
    My Forum check it out

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Nice to see Froggy!

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    It's great you've been able to keep this up yearly.
    Thanks!

It's for both of us, and having her being the recipient is good motivation. I like giving her stuff she enjoys, she enjoys these, so...I get to write and fulfill that part simultaneously.

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    I was thinking of Japan at some point but ofc pandemic happened that year. Kudos for that writing goal being met O_O definitely can’t imagine handling something like that on such a frequent basis
    Thanks. It's fun - no 'pressure' to produce for anything but both of our enjoyments really helps.

Yeah, Pandemic killed our planned 2020 trip (obviously) and every year after that has been...'Japan shut down', 'another wave', 'airlines being pricks and we don't want to chance losing our money IF another wave happens'. COVIC is still out there, but Japan is open and everyone is pretending COIVD has stopped, so it's unlikely we'll face a shutdown. We've postponed the trip for 3 years; it's about time we got to it! ^_^
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    Ryushinnnn!
    Hey Froggy. Been a while.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Hey Froggy!!!
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Been revisiting Mechwarrior 5 and...Huh, came to realize this.

So the story mode is about how you, a mercenary, lose your father from a sudden attack from another mercenary group. Your father is killed...Like a moron as he got ganged up and still tried to fight them all in a freaking Victor (lorewise, it's a decent assault mech of its class...But your dad doesn't use the advantages the Victor has that made it that way like its jump jets). Many people just see him as a bit of an idiot.

spoilers:
    then it turns out your father might actually be a former scout for the Clans who infiltrated the Inner Sphere posing as a mercenary...Then recalling how the Clans are actually rubbish at actual warfare against multiple combatants who will do anything to kill him, it kind of clicked why in his last moments, your pops might've relied on his old training that screwed him over.
    end of spoilers

...Bravo on the game for making me realize that.