Page 959 of 2439 FirstFirst ... 4598599099499559569579589599609619629639691009105914591959 ... LastLast
Results 14,371 to 14,385 of 36575

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Yeah. Unfortunately, it's literally right next to my bedroom window.
    Just wait until the chicks are calling out to their parents for food.

All. The Damn. Time.

LOL That takes me back to my old house. I used to have those same problems with the birdies all the time.

They were one of my alarm clocks.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post

and here is a trained swordsman showing you why the throne fight is a terrible fight scene.
    Ah yes, the fight scene where the villains intentionally miss the heroine and her temporary ally, and a duel-wielding opponent has one of their weapons vanish into thin air. They weren't disarmed, they didn't drop it, the weapon literally disappears into the ether on-screen.

Though considering the heroine's idea of "training" is taking an impractical wide-legged stance and swinging her lightsaber in front of her in wild, wide swings that make her look like a toddler swinging a wiffleball bat, she probably needed all the help she could get.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

how good was this match?

Bryan zayn of "wrestling with wregret" reviewed the show and gave this match...........6 stars. a first for him.
    Let's just say all skeptical feeling went away the moment Hangman Page showed up in a goddamn horse. It was awesome from then on out.

Extraordinary Member

and here is a trained swordsman showing you why the throne fight is a terrible fight scene.
    Meh, Fights don't need to be realistic to be good and entertaining. You're a wrestling fan, you should know that

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Ah yes, the fight scene where the villains intentionally miss the heroine and her temporary ally, and a duel-wielding opponent has one of their weapons vanish into thin air. They weren't disarmed, they didn't drop it, the weapon literally disappears into the ether on-screen.

Though considering the heroine's idea of "training" is taking an impractical wide-legged stance and swinging her lightsaber in front of her in wild, wide swings that make her look like a toddler swinging a wiffleball bat, she probably needed all the help she could get.
    If you need an instant replay or a freeze frame button to notice something, they aren't flaws, they're just nitpicks. I just rewatched the scene specifically looking for that stuff, and I never noticed them intentionally missing. I did see the disappearing knife, but since that happened literally the second after a cut, most people wouldn't even notice that he still had the second weapon at all, and just assume it got destroyed offscreen.

In summation: They matter about as much as Luke's force kick

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Meh, Fights don't need to be realistic to be good and entertaining. You're a wrestling fan, you should know that

If you need an instant replay or a freeze frame button to notice something, they aren't flaws, they're just nitpicks. I just rewatched the scene specifically looking for that stuff, and I never noticed them intentionally missing. I did see the disappearing knife, but since that happened literally the second after a cut, most people wouldn't even notice that he still had the second weapon at all, and just assume it got destroyed offscreen.

Agreed. You can find something wrong with anything if you look long enough.

It's a cool fight scene that gets its point across just fine while entertaining those who are enjoying the movie instead of deep-diving to looks for flaws in everything about it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Black Clover and My Hero Academia:spoilers:
    So, this isn't turning out to be a good week for either of them the new shonen on the block. Vanica has made her move and is confronting Noelle and Mimosa. She's also revealed that as long as she's alive, the Dark Disciples that the others defeated will continuously revive and have become more powerful than before. And if the precedent set by Yuno and Asta with their own bouts with two of the three members of the Triad holds true, Noelle is going to lose this fight. Meanwhile in MHA, "Plus Ultra Shigaraki" as he's now called is rapidly disintegrating the entire city with Decay, with quite few heroes becoming casualties. We also find out that the reason that Deku has an idea of what's going on with Shigaraki is because the first One for All user has been communicating with him and warning him of the danger.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I do like how contrasting Vania casually reviving her henchmen and Shigaraki bringing about massive levels of destruction are to one another while still resulting in basically the same level of fear and despair for the reader.

The heroes aren't backing down though, but they know things have gotten a lot more difficult. Really cool stuff.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

One Piece:

spoilers:
    Luffy and Zoro start trying to eat the rich, but for once this turns out to be a bad idea since their opponents are actually so skilled that their superior numbers would be a problem even for these two. Which is an interesting change of pace from how they usually plow through mooks.

Apoo finally gets to show off a big (been quite some time since last time) and that draws Kidd's attention. Our first proper Supernova vs. Supernova fight seems to be under way.
    end of spoilers

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post

that's true. but i am also a fan of fight scenes. and that scene was suck ass.

that's true. but i am also a fan of fight scenes. and that scene was suck ass.
    That awkward moment when you have a killshot and the server glitches out.

"what happened to the second blade? did he drop it? did a ghost take it? or was it aliens? i'm Robert stack and all this and more on 'unsolved mysteries'."

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    One Piece:

spoilers:
    Luffy and Zoro start trying to eat the rich, but for once this turns out to be a bad idea since their opponents are actually so skilled that their superior numbers would be a problem even for these two. Which is an interesting change of pace from how they usually plow through mooks.

Apoo finally gets to show off a big (been quite some time since last time) and that draws Kidd's attention. Our first proper Supernova vs. Supernova fight seems to be under way.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    apoo's powers have always interested me. and now, in the new world, it seems even observation haki can't counter it.
    end of spoilers

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    apoo's powers have always interested me. and now, in the new world, it seems even observation haki can't counter it.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    He did catch Kizaru off guard that one time, so I'm not surprised he can get hits in on Luffy. I'm thinking it's a type of power you have to be properly aware of to dodge.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    it's a good thing supes is a nice guy.