Page 310 of 2454 FirstFirst ... 2102603003063073083093103113123133143203604108101310 ... LastLast
Results 4,636 to 4,650 of 36800

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    Going back to this (apologies on the lateness, sick as hell), I think there's just a bit of something in the New Timeline Liu that really suggest that if his head wasn’t on straight, he can easily become rather...Crazy in power. The Original Liu Kang was a total boy scout who always did the right thing and it made him a long running champion of Mortal Kombat (4 times the tournament was declared, 4 times he still wins). Yet Liu never really did anything for himself in a sense. He was always selfless and did things to help his allies like reviving the White Lotus Society with Kung Lao. But...He never did anything frankly for his benefit. MK 4 ends with him being offered to be King of Kitana's realm by marrying her...And he said no. He loved Kitana but choose to remain MK champion cause well...I guess its right since Earthrealm needs his ass kicking skills.

New Liu is just so telling that without his mentor Raiden guiding him well...He can be an ******* easily. His ending in MK 9 practically was him outright replacing Raiden...and by force it seemed. That's....Not the Original "Raiden steered me good" Liu Kang. I think the clue is that Liu is powerful as hell but it is so damn easy for him to get corrupted by his own strength if his guide failed him even unintentionally.
    I agree with this assessment. And Liu's arrogance is far more telling in his MKX quotes where he's either insulting virtually everyone except Kitana or demanding their respect because he was the MK champion.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

So. The ending of Glass.

That about sums up my reaction. Not really a fan of how it ended.

I can post spoilers in spoiler tags if you'd like.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    I agree with this assessment. And Liu's arrogance is far more telling in his MKX quotes where he's either insulting virtually everyone except Kitana or demanding their respect because he was the MK champion.
    I will admit at least, New Liu Kang again has made his overall character interesting compared to the Original that took getting killed off to get more than he was the champ.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    Going back to this (apologies on the lateness, sick as hell), I think there's just a bit of something in the New Timeline Liu that really suggest that if his head wasn’t on straight, he can easily become rather...Crazy in power. The Original Liu Kang was a total boy scout who always did the right thing and it made him a long running champion of Mortal Kombat (4 times the tournament was declared, 4 times he still wins). Yet Liu never really did anything for himself in a sense. He was always selfless and did things to help his allies like reviving the White Lotus Society with Kung Lao. But...He never did anything frankly for his benefit. MK 4 ends with him being offered to be King of Kitana's realm by marrying her...And he said no. He loved Kitana but choose to remain MK champion cause well...I guess its right since Earthrealm needs his ass kicking skills.

New Liu is just so telling that without his mentor Raiden guiding him well...He can be an ******* easily. His ending in MK 9 practically was him outright replacing Raiden...and by force it seemed. That's....Not the Original "Raiden steered me good" Liu Kang. I think the clue is that Liu is powerful as hell but it is so damn easy for him to get corrupted by his own strength if his guide failed him even unintentionally.
    also, keep in mind that in the new timeline, it was a very young liu. he wasn't the boy scout that he was in the old timeline, so i'd say it was part ignorance of youth.

not to mention, raiden was cocking up that situation with every step he made. it was and wasn't his fault **** was going wack. and liu, as was a lot of people, was getting sick and tired of it.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    So. The ending of Glass.

That about sums up my reaction. Not really a fan of how it ended.

I can post spoilers in spoiler tags if you'd like.
    Sure, hit me with those spoilers.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Sure, hit me with those spoilers.
    spoilers:

Go tell Aunt Rhody,
    Go tell Aunt Rhody,
    Go tell Aunt Rhody that,
    Everybody's, Everybody's, Everybody's,
    Dead.

It gets revealed during the big dramatic fight between The Beast and David Dunn in a parking lot that Mr.Glass killed Kevin Crumb's father in the same train crash that he hit David Dunn with in Unbreakable. This lead to Kevin's mother freely abusing him, resulting in his DID, resulting in The Beast. Soooo The Beast kills Glass. Then finishes fighting David by smashing both of them into a giant water tank. David manages to eventually break it but he's left seriously weakened and there is water everywhere. Including in a *BLEEP*ing Puddle. *BLEEP!* that puddle! The Beast, rather than finishing things, decides to go with a suggestion that Glass gave him earlier to have a big fight take place at a tower. Before he can leave though, Casey, the survivor girl from Split, stops him and repeats his name to turn him back into Kevin. She tries to help him but then these corrupt cops working for an ancient conspiracy that was never acknowledged, mentioned, or foreshadowed in either of the previous films, shoot Kevin while he's vulnerable and he bleeds out in Casey's arms. Not done yet, another cult cop grabs David while he's weakened, drags him over to a puddle and starts repeatedly dunking him and drowning him in a puddle of water while Dr. Ellie Staple, the sociopathic psychologist of the movie, who is also a member of the cult, rambles on to David that her cult are superhero/mutant killers who have been suppressing knowledge of supers for at least 10,000 years. Then David is finally drowned. In a freaking puddle. He dies in front of his son while the cult cops just stand around staring blankly into space. Then the cult lets Casey, David's son and Mr.Glass's mom just walk away despite being a murder happy cult who knows that they are witnesses. Then it gets revealed that Mr.Glass was a few steps ahead of Ellie and hacked the cameras earlier to have the camera feed uploaded to a remote site which later sends it to David's son, Casey and his mom, who upload all of it onto the internet and the film ends with people looking at the video and the video making the news.

Soooo....yeah.

And as for David VS The Beast which was hyped up in the trailer? All together the fights are maybe ten minutes or so. Both of which get interrupted.
    end of spoilers
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

spoilers:

Go tell Aunt Rhody,
    Go tell Aunt Rhody,
    Go tell Aunt Rhody that,
    Dead.

It gets revealed during the big dramatic fight between The Beast and David Dunn in a parking lot that Mr.Glass killed Kevin Crumb's father in the same train crash that he hit David Dunn with in Unbreakable. This lead to Kevin's mother freely abusing him, resulting in his DID, resulting in The Beast. Soooo The Beast kills Glass. Then finishes fighting David by smashing both of them into a giant water tank. David manages to eventually break it but he's left seriously weakened and there is water everywhere. Including in a *BLEEP*ing Puddle. *BLEEP!* that puddle! The Beast, rather than finishing things, decides to go with a suggestion that Glass gave him earlier to have a big fight take place at a tower. Before he can leave though, Casey, the survivor girl from Split, stops him and repeats his name to turn him back into Kevin. She tries to help him but then these corrupt cops working for an ancient conspiracy that was never acknowledged, mentioned, or foreshadowed in either of the previous films, shoot Kevin while he's vulnerable and he bleeds out in Casey's arms. Not done yet, another cult cop grabs David while he's weakened, drags him over to a puddle and starts repeatedly dunking him and drowning him in a puddle of water while Dr. Ellie Staple, the sociopathic psychologist of the movie, who is also a member of the cult, rambles on to David that her cult are superhero/mutant killers who have been suppressing knowledge of supers for at least 10,000 years. Then David is finally drowned. In a freaking puddle. He dies in front of his son while the cult cops just stand around staring blankly into space. Then the cult lets Casey, David's son and Mr.Glass's mom just walk away despite being a murder happy cult who knows that they are witnesses. Then it gets revealed that Mr.Glass was a few steps ahead of Ellie and hacked the cameras earlier to have the camera feed uploaded to a remote site which later sends it to David's son, Casey and his mom, who upload all of it onto the internet and the film ends with people looking at the video and the video making the news.

Soooo....yeah.

And as for David VS The Beast which was hyped up in the trailer? All together the fights are maybe ten minutes or so. Both of which get interrupted.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

So basically another ‘classic’ Shyamalan ending. *sigh*

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

after spending the entire week researching and grinding on youtube, twitter and any other outlet i can get my hands on, i've realized that i've gone about selling my book the wrong way. gonna need to change it and maybe use rumbles to help with it.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

spoilers:

Go tell Aunt Rhody,
    Go tell Aunt Rhody,
    Go tell Aunt Rhody that,
    Dead.

Soooo....yeah.

end of spoilers
    Wow, what a twist!

-_-
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

spoilers:

Go tell Aunt Rhody,
    Go tell Aunt Rhody,
    Go tell Aunt Rhody that,
    Dead.

Soooo....yeah.

end of spoilers
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Or! Maybe I'm just being rhetorical .
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator