Dandadan: Damn, that was a depressing backstory and I strongly empathize with Rin over her experience of taking care of her grandmother. On a more positive note, it's good to see the Hayashi band making a return and ----WHAT THE **** IS THAT?!
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Back from the dead! Radioactive Zombie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Am I the only one excited for Minus One?
    I'm just hoping it's not ultranationalist tosh.

Quote Originally Posted by Radioactive Zombie View Post
    I'm just hoping it's not ultranationalist tosh.
    I don't know why it would be - people keep speculating it will be just because it's set right after WWII for some reason.

If anything the Minus One trailer shows civilians being overtly skeptical of their government covering things up.

Similarly, the greatest threat in Shin Godzilla was the inefficiency of bureaucracy.

It's not like they paint Showa Japan in as rose-tinted a light as say, The Wind Rises, for want of a better example.

Extraordinary Member

You tell him Yamato!

Chainsaw Man: spoilers:
    So, Fami's plot is more heinous than Makima's when it comes to "protecting humanity" since she established the Church and indoctrinated thousands of followers purely so that they could be used to as sacrificial lambs to breed terror of Chainsaw Man across the world. This is also why she wanted Denji to stay out of the public eye as Chainsaw Man, since his heroics would undermine and muddle their efforts to paint him as a cult leader, terrorist, and a global threat, thus being unable to empower him with as much fear as possible for his fight against Death. Of course, not only will this lead to worldwide panic and paranoia - which will ultimately cause more needless deaths - but Denji's emotional damage will exacerbate considerably since he's highly dependent on his role as he's convinced himself that it's the only way for him to gain an iota of love, attention and acceptance from anyone. Villifying his persona as Chainsaw Man is going wreak havoc on the boy's psyche. And I equally pity Asa, who's going to become a scapegoat since she's the public face of the Church and is going to face far more scorn and hatred than she ever had as a student outcast.
    end of spoilers

In conclustion: the Horsemen suck except for Nayuta and *maybe* Yoru.

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Extraordinary Member

Here's a list of the english voice cast for Hayato Miyazaki's first animated feature in a decade.

Christian Bale as Shoichi Maki
    Dave Bautista as The Parakeet King
    Gemma Chan as Natsuko
    Willem Dafoe as Noble Pelican
    Karen Fukuhara as Lady Himi
    Mark Hamill as Granduncle
    Robert Pattinson as The Gray Heron
    Florence Pugh as Kiriko

Pretty stacked voice cast.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Here's a list of the english voice cast for Hayato Miyazaki's first animated feature in a decade.

Christian Bale as Shoichi Maki
    Dave Bautista as The Parakeet King
    Gemma Chan as Natsuko
    Willem Dafoe as Noble Pelican
    Karen Fukuhara as Lady Himi
    Mark Hamill as Granduncle
    Robert Pattinson as The Gray Heron
    Florence Pugh as Kiriko

Pretty stacked voice cast.
    Yeesh, pulling out the stops on this one. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Edens Zero: Well, we finally find out why Ivry never wanted anyone to push Mosco's button...and it was about what I always expected.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Haven't gotten much drawing done lately. Time to review the method and get back into studies.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post

Haven't gotten much drawing done lately. Time to review the method and get back into studies.
    Nice to get back to one's chosen art form. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

666 pages in Rumbles right now on my screen. Something wicked this way comes....
    Why are we here?

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Psh. ONE dude posted ONE poll. This is positively boring compared to the old days.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    666 pages in Rumbles right now on my screen. Something wicked this way comes....
    Yeah, same here.

We need a “666: The Rumble of the Beast” thread, where Hank McCoy takes on Belle’s captor from Disney, and the guy from Kung Fu Hustle.
    Chief Curmudgeon