Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post

Soon as I saw Mila Jovovich, I knew it was a Paul W.S. Anderson film. Seems to be pretty much she only has a career anymore is because of Paul.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Extraordinary Member

I'll be honest, it looks better than the preview images made me expect

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Soon as I saw Mila Jovovich, I knew it was a Paul W.S. Anderson film. Seems to be pretty much she only has a career anymore is because of Paul.
    What can you say, he's a very supportive husband lol.

Extraordinary Member

Lanipator is voicing Michelangelo in Smite

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

WE GET IT, PAUL! YOU THINK YOUR WIFE IS HOT ****! JEEZUS!

on the plus side, nice to see tip in other movie.

From another universe in which Tony survived.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Spoilers for BC and MHA are out, though the actual scans haven't been translated yet.

Black Clover: spoilers:
    So, it turns out that the line about "My Dear Son" by Asta's mom wasn't directed at Asta, but the AMD. The AMD, much like Asta himself, was treated like garbage amongst other demons for being so weak, which I admit that I've suspected to be the case quite some time due to Lucifero's remarks about him and AMD's attitude towards Zagred. He accidentally crossed over into the human world and was further shunned and abused by human villagers until he met Asta's mom, who took him in as her adopted son. They lead a relatively peaceful life until Lucifero, looking for a host to enter the human world, temporarily possessed AMD and forced him to fatally injure Asta's mother. Before she died, she sealed him away in the five-leaf clover grimoire. It's still not clear how he ended up in Asta's possession, though. Anyway, I like this revelation. The AMD is not a super-powerful entity or a former major antagonist forced to assist the hero, he was a powerless nobody among demons who just wanted acceptance and love. In a sense, this is quite similar to the relationship between Yuri and Satan from Blue Exorcist, only the Devil here actually becomes a decent person. Better yet, he's essentially Asta's brother, and probably the only one who can fully empathize with Asta's plight and struggles, which is quite a different dynamic than Naruto-Kurama and Ichigo-the Zangetsus
    end of spoilers

MHA: spoilers:
    It looks as though we're definitely getting a Ochako vs Toga battle very soon. Toga's broken away from the villains and shapeshifted into an old lady to get Ochako to help her, which is a ruse to lure her away. Once she reveals herself, she goes on about how she considers Ochako her friend and how she wants to be exactly like her, then asks what Ochako will do to her. This only leads to Ochako getting pissed off over the fact that Toga stole blood from an old woman just to ask her that. Toga gets indignant over Ochako's answer while Ochako states that she'll do whatever it takes to help the citizens in danger and if Toga doesn't get out of her way, she'll take her down. Meanwhile, Dabi is going on about how much he wishes to see Endeavor and that he has something he wants to tell him, which is all but confirming the suspicion that he's his kid.
    end of spoilers
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Extraordinary Member

From another universe in which Tony survived.
    Bruce: Infinity stones survivor buddies?

Tony: Infinity stones survivor buddies!

*fist bump*

So, Ky officially has a Lightning Install now.

Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

...I'm sorry but what? Is this a thing before or is this a recent wtf-ery just to make us shocked moment?

...Going with the latter here.

Edit: Not sure when it came out because I just don't find myself following these comics so finding these scans on Quora kinda threw me into a loop.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post

...I'm sorry but what? Is this a thing before or is this a recent wtf-ery just to make us shocked moment?
    Ok... so earlier in the arc Moon Knight could over-power Thor's control of mjolnier and beat him up with it with the explanation being that they were on the moon and they threw in a retcon that uru is actually moon rocks.

But now they're also saying that Konshu, Moon Knight's moon god, can't make mjolnier hurt T'Challa because it recognises him as a descendent of the Black Panther from those ancient Avengers they keep bringing up.

So the natural take away from this is that T'Challa is more important to mjolnier than Thor is. ...anybody else being kinda internet nerd-miffed about that?

Like... I don't think that Jason Aaron is actively trying to make Thor look bad... but Thor generally looks pretty bad in this Avengers run. This just being the worst of it
    Last edited by Dark Soul # 7; 10-15-2020 at 06:17 AM.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Ok... so earlier in the arc Moon Knight could over-power Thor's control of mjolnier and beat him up with it with the explanation being that they were on the moon and they threw in a retcon that uru is actually moon rocks.

But now they're also saying that Konshu, Moon Knight's moon god, can't make mjolnier won't hurt T'Challa because it recognises him as a descendent of the Black Panther from those ancient Avengers they keep bringing up.

So the natural take away from this is that T'Challa is more important to mjolnier than Thor is. ...anybody else being kinda internet nerd-miffed about that?

Like... I don't think that Jason Aaron is actively trying to make Thor look bad... but Thor generally looks pretty bad in this Avengers run. This just being the worst of it
    ...Well, okay then. *insert Saitama face*

Yeah, I heard that Thor and most of Asgard are looking pretty bad unless recent events really went out of its way to repair that.

It's like anyone can just use the hammer now.