My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Tekken 8 is shaping up. I feel it's still kind of rough around the edges overall though.

The Heat System, I can sort of understand the idea behind it as an offensive pressure mechanic, but it just didn't gel for me. The fact that you're automatically forced to use it after landing certain moves feels like it makes it a wasteful resource for some, but pays off huge for say, King or Azuscena or anyone with a decent command throw.

Though I'm sorta new to the franchise in general, and so I also learned the hard way that legacy skill matters way more here than in other games, holy crap. Across 3 sessions across 3 days, couldn't quite break out of the Green tier of ranks. I don't know if it was a QOL feature or just a new era, but players don't lose points until they leave this tier of ranking. It's kind of nice that it encourages you to keep playing, but also doesn't penalize sloppy play.

Regardless, it's if nothing else a beautiful game. The music is a step up from certain tracks in Tekken 7, and although certain moves are way too cinematic for my tastes, if they make a few tweaks I may consider a purchase in the near future.

...buff Asuka.

EDIT:

I suspected something but I've just confirmed Maximillian himself whooped my ass on stream lmao
    Last edited by grampagen; 10-23-2023 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    Read through the Rumic World trilogy, a collection of Rumiko Takahashi's early one-shots (and one mini-series). It's always interesting finding more of her past works, and seeing how she's just always done even more stuff than I knew about. Decent amount of variety between comedy and horror, too.

While I didn't grow up with the comics, and I can't say any of her works even hit my top ten for manga, her art style is one I kinda look up to in a way. I'm not sure how much direct influence it has on mine, but I think there's a bit of that DNA mixed in.
    I know, right?! When I began my immersion into the World of Manga/Anime, I kept hearing everyone say Rumiko Takahashi is a legend.
    Eventually, I came to discover how true that statement is. Glad I did, though. I mean, WOW!

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Tekken 8 is shaping up. I feel it's still kind of rough around the edges overall though.

The Heat System, I can sort of understand the idea behind it as an offensive pressure mechanic, but it just didn't gel for me. The fact that you're automatically forced to use it after landing certain moves feels like it makes it a wasteful resource for some, but pays off huge for say, King or Azuscena or anyone with a decent command throw.

Though I'm sorta new to the franchise in general, and so I also learned the hard way that legacy skill matters way more here than in other games, holy crap. Across 3 sessions across 3 days, couldn't quite break out of the Green tier of ranks. I don't know if it was a QOL feature or just a new era, but players don't lose points until they leave this tier of ranking. It's kind of nice that it encourages you to keep playing, but also doesn't penalize sloppy play.

Regardless, it's if nothing else a beautiful game. The music is a step up from certain tracks in Tekken 7, and although certain moves are way too cinematic for my tastes, if they make a few tweaks I may consider a purchase in the near future.

...buff Asuka.
    It seems like a lot of fun, and completely different from what I've picked up in SF6. Might try to brush up something serious now that I've got Tekken 7 and try to hop onto the uh... Tekken equivalent of the streets for 8. Also nerf Raven's motion sickness causin' ass.

I suspected something but I've just confirmed Maximillian himself whooped my ass on stream lmao
    Watched it live. Someone I know is famous!
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Playing Super Mario Bros Wonder. It's really fun, the animations are great, and Mario is just so lively in this game. Mario controls well and the Wonder aspect is cool. Hitting a wonder flower and having an entire level change, can only be described as an acid trip.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    I gotta admit...my trip was pretty damn bitter. My fiancée's father was a low key dick who made my parents pay a lot for expenses because of the notion being US citizens means we're loaded, gets annoyed when whatever my mother has booked apparently sucks, and is just a disrespectful jackass tbh.

My Dad snapped and made it clear he wasn't going to take that ****. There were apologies but the damage was done.

...And my fiancée's mother (whose very sweet) accidently told me this morning that my fiancée herself told her I don't love her and I'm doing this relationship for my parents. I am beyond hurt and disappointed to hear of that.

I need some time alone to process that but wow.

Edit: Yeah, I'll probably confront her bout this eventually but yeah...A little stunned atm
    I feel you have a right to be stunned and disappointed by this. Hurt and bitter as well.

I'm very sorry, man. This isn't right. I hope you're well-out of that situation now, and that you get a chance to lay this to rest and process. I can't imagine how painful this has been.

And I hope you're getting support - from family or friends.

Like with CoR, drop me a line if you need to talk. I'll be mostly out of communcation for the next month, though.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    the remarried empress:
    rashta continues to rile up my hatred as much as she has. i never thought i'd hate a pregnant woman as much as her but she found a way.
    She has gone from being a self-absorbed fool to a full-out monster. Something I could easily see happening with a narcissist who suddenly finds herself in a position of power.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I feel you have a right to be stunned and disappointed by this. Hurt and bitter as well.

I'm very sorry, man. This isn't right. I hope you're well-out of that situation now, and that you get a chance to lay this to rest and process. I can't imagine how painful this has been.

And I hope you're getting support - from family or friends.

Like with CoR, drop me a line if you need to talk. I'll be mostly out of communcation for the next month, though.
    Thanks Sharp. Means a lot.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    She has gone from being a self-absorbed fool to a full-out monster. Something I could easily see happening with a narcissist who suddenly finds herself in a position of power.
    stupidity and cruelty, all in one package.

but i still enjoy the juxaposition between her and navie. while trashta is paranoid, stupid, can't play political games at all and has no clue on who she can trust, nav is adapting well, formed her own power base, gotten rid of the only person who could **** with her station, and is learning to open up and love again with a guy who thinks she's a goddess.

In much lighter stuff on my end, I ended up expanding the relationship between two characters that despitevbeing somewhat minor really fits the whole notion that the people in town each has their own story.

And it's a surprisingly a wholesome relationship compared to most of the ones I created.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    In much lighter stuff on my end, I ended up expanding the relationship between two characters that despitevbeing somewhat minor really fits the whole notion that the people in town each has their own story.

And it's a surprisingly a wholesome relationship compared to most of the ones I created.
    progress. i dig it.

Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    progress. i dig it.
    Thanks

Also somehow expanded greatly about a trait based on a Charlie Sheen joke and I'm...I'm just down with it.

an update on the johnny somalli situation.

turns out, its a lot worse for johnny. he was released from custody for the trespassing charge but was arrested again for another charge, this time for trespassing in the kitchen of a resturant. apparently, in japan, they can arrest you for separate charges, instead of just arresting you once for multiple charges like here in the US. they held him for 28 days, released him, and the immedetely arrested him again for a separate charge, only to hold him for another 28 days. lather, rinse, repeat. and since he recorded all of the dumb and offensive **** he did over there, the authorities have a lot of evidence to go through and can find new stuff to charge him with.

and if that wasn't bad enough for him, he can't get a lawyer yet since he hasn't been indited yet and if he is, then he might have to pay for his own public defender and if said defender can't speak english, he'd also have to pay for a translator himself.

and even if he gets a defender, it will ultimately be up to the judge to determine his punishment. from what i've learned, you can get off with a lighter sentence if you give a sincere apology and offer to pay for any fines and damages. (apparently, its very illegal to stream or take footage of private business without blurring out the faces of the people inside or the signs). but since johnny gave a apology already and shown he wasn't sorry, the judge won't be falling for it. as for punishment, he could not only face prison time but also be sent to a work camp to pay off the fines.

and even if that wasn't bad enough, because he has been detained for so long in japan, his visa ran out. so he has to pay off fines for that at the airport. and if he can't, he will be detained at the airport until he can get enough cash to not only pay for his fines but also pay for his own transportation out of the country.

so no matter how you look at it, johnny is paying for being a annoying, racist asshat and thinking that just being america would get him out of trouble overseas. and i don't feel a bit sorry for him.