nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

and once again, reed proves he is the smartest guy in the room. he slapped together time belts that allowed the FF to enter a time/space pocket to save a ship where time is moving so fast that a few minutes for them is centuries for the inhabitants of the ship.

remember, he doesn't have the baxter building right now, so he only had what was in the fantasticar.

Baldur's Gate 3 definitely sucking me in. There will always be a part of me now that will feel more the limitation in a CRPG now that I've gotten a sense of what actual RP type stuff looks like, but the game itself does a good job of providing a variety of choice in most circumstances. More than one situation in the past few hours as the campaign has progressed a bit to play things smart, lean on social skills I've put points in, play bloodthirsty aggressive, or play to my character class. And of course if you're specced for you could do stealth in numerous couple places.

Of course there's still the silliness from Divinity present where if you want to you might be tempted to grab junk and sell it all, so I'm spending not a small amount of time hunting my cursor across the map to pick up spoons, rocks, bottles, and all sorts of random detritus and sell it at a merchant so I can buy my fancy gear.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Baldur's Gate 3 definitely sucking me in. There will always be a part of me now that will feel more the limitation in a CRPG now that I've gotten a sense of what actual RP type stuff looks like, but the game itself does a good job of providing a variety of choice in most circumstances. More than one situation in the past few hours as the campaign has progressed a bit to play things smart, lean on social skills I've put points in, play bloodthirsty aggressive, or play to my character class. And of course if you're specced for you could do stealth in numerous couple places.

Of course there's still the silliness from Divinity present where if you want to you might be tempted to grab junk and sell it all, so I'm spending not a small amount of time hunting my cursor across the map to pick up spoons, rocks, bottles, and all sorts of random detritus and sell it at a merchant so I can buy my fancy gear.
    No wonder the streets have been empty.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Groening having enough clout that he can force Netflix to actually finish a show instead of cancelling it is impressive

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Haven't looked at One Piece in forever, but I watched the current episode because I was pretty hype for The Thing, and man... I have complaints

spoilers:
    I was really looking forward to like, an expression of the liberating power of freely experiencing joy conveyed through toon powers, but this is not toon powers, man. All the elements are sort of there, but it's been stuck in a blender and we're getting Toon Product. Toons have a really strong internal logic that revolves around visual expressiveness, comedic timing, and interacting with environments in crazy ways that make a sort of visual sense. Like Who Framed Roger Rabbit is basically an education in this subject. Now I could understand not quite hitting that comedic timing right out of the gate because we're showing Luffy become this and realise this, but then like everything is shaky with so many close ups and cuts that it's like watching a Michael Bay movie. There's no clarity and the visual expressiveness is all kind of... purposeless. Like toon things happen in the scene, but they don't make a Toon. And it's really weird 'cause like they've got the sound effects and stuff, but it's like they're just playing them randomly, irrespective of what's going on. It's almost frustrating to watch.

Also it was really undermined by how much of the episode was spent cutting around to like, serious guys talking. Like Bugs Bunny would inexplicably be standing in that room in a military uniform to stunt on those guys somehow and THAT would be appropriate.
    end of spoilers

Anyway, did not like it.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 08-06-2023 at 10:57 AM.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

-Stephen McCranie

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    No wonder the streets have been empty.
    Oh I've still been playing, but it's definitely a splitting of time now lol
    -Stephen McCranie

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

It's funny it took me a while to realize that Star Trek: Strange New Worlds may actually address why things are so different regarding events in time in It's one time travel episode.

...Apparently, too many agents of various factions from the future keep screwing things up in the past while temporal agents from the Federation are doing tons of damage control that in-universe retcons key events.

Like the Eugenics Wars happened in the 90s...Now it's moved up close to our present cause time travel shenanigans.

Gotta admit, a little clever and explains why things aren't quite lining up in TOS...And definitely shuts down arguments like why is the Enterprise bridge not like TOS other than the real life answer of it's 2023 and the studio has a bigger budget.

I did not know how much I wanted to see a Breaking Bad x CSM crossover as much as I do now.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    It's funny it took me a while to realize that Star Trek: Strange New Worlds may actually address why things are so different regarding events in time in It's one time travel episode.

...Apparently, too many agents of various factions from the future keep screwing things up in the past while temporal agents from the Federation are doing tons of damage control that in-universe retcons key events.

Like the Eugenics Wars happened in the 90s...Now it's moved up close to our present cause time travel shenanigans.

Gotta admit, a little clever and explains why things aren't quite lining up in TOS...And definitely shuts down arguments like why is the Enterprise bridge not like TOS other than the real life answer of it's 2023 and the studio has a bigger budget.
    I am really digging this series.

When it can do a crossover with Lower Decks, which is a comedy animated series, and make it work, there‘s just something about it that’s magic.

The most recent episode is probably the first one of its very specific genre that I’ve ever really enjoyed in any series of anything. Which says a lot.
    Chief Curmudgeon

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    And this is apparently the last game of the series.

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Finally, my boy Reptile returns in style and he gets to be one of the good guys.