Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Personally I had trouble with the controls for warframe when I tried it.
    They take some getting used to, but the parkour feels really good once you have them down. You just kinda need someone to show you how
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    They take some getting used to, but the parkour feels really good once you have them down. You just kinda need someone to show you how
    I remember thinking the movement and such would be very cool in like vr or something, but using a controller or worse, m + kb was bleh. Maybe I’ll try it again sometime.

Although regardless, the points sharp add about the mmoness I also felt I think
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Although regardless, the points sharp add about the mmoness I also felt I think
    I've tried a number of MMO's now (like, six or seven at least), and given up on them as a genre.

I lost interest in DA:Inquisition (which I finished anyway) and ME:Andromeda (which I totally did not) because while they had some good story, it was pretty plain they were going for 'open world MMO without multiplayer' kind of feeling (which was sad, because maaaaan, my albino elven Inquisitor looked awesome in her armored longcoat - would have been nicer to enjoy the entire experience all the way through and not get wiped out by fetch-quests). I'm hoping for something a whole lot tighter, old-school style for Mass Effect 4.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I've tried a number of MMO's now (like, six or seven at least), and given up on them as a genre.

I lost interest in DA:Inquisition (which I finished anyway) and ME:Andromeda (which I totally did not) because while they had some good story, it was pretty plain they were going for 'open world MMO without multiplayer' kind of feeling (which was sad, because maaaaan, my albino elven Inquisitor looked awesome in her armored longcoat - would have been nicer to enjoy the entire experience all the way through and not get wiped out by fetch-quests). I'm hoping for something a whole lot tighter, old-school style for Mass Effect 4.
    You might actually enjoy Final Fantasy 14, not because it plays like an MMO, but because it plays like a JRPG, that just so happens to be an MMO.

They've also been changing the older expansions to fit the RPG feel even better, making it so you can do the content completely solo (with NPCs), without the need to play with others.

Only downside is that it's PC/PS4,PS5 only; and does have a subscription model.

Story is quite good however, and the lore is pretty great. Blending the old games into the story in a way that isn't forced... Unless it's a crossover.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    You might actually enjoy Final Fantasy 14, not because it plays like an MMO, but because it plays like a JRPG, that just so happens to be an MMO.

They've also been changing the older expansions to fit the RPG feel even better, making it so you can do the content completely solo (with NPCs), without the need to play with others.
    This does sound good... ^_^

Only downside is that it's PC/PS4,PS5 only; and does have a subscription model.
    Sadly, this is the killing point with me. We're supposedly at some point going to get a PS5. When? When they're available. And we know they're there. But they're impossible to get right now.

Story is quite good however, and the lore is pretty great. Blending the old games into the story in a way that isn't forced... Unless it's a crossover.
    Will definitely look into it when we get the PS5. ^_^ Thanks for the heads up!

For now...nothing good is coming out for the Xbox One any more, so it's MEMP for me. ^_^ As usual.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

So, in the new Daredevil issue:

spoilers:
    It seems Matt's cursed penis has finally struck again. It's a shame, I liked Kirsten, a real ray of sunshine in Matt's doomy and gloomy life. Then again, they didn't show a body.

Also nice of him to finally reveal his secret identity to Spidey again. Hopefully, Peter will do the same at some point.
    end of spoilers

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchGemini View Post
    So, in the new Daredevil issue:

spoilers:
    It seems Matt's cursed penis has finally struck again. It's a shame, I liked Kirsten, a real ray of sunshine in Matt's doomy and gloomy life. Then again, they didn't show a body.

Also nice of him to finally reveal his secret identity to Spidey again. Hopefully, Peter will do the same at some point.
    end of spoilers
    Need to check this out. Thanks for the heads up!
    Why are we here?

However, Horowitz added on Twitter: “BUT this morning Ryan (Gosling) reached out to me to say there is one superhero he wants to play...GHOST RIDER.”

I think he might make a good Ghost Rider, though maybe there are other possible roles he could consider.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Current series of Baki-dou really is making some odd choices.

Here's yet another big sumo guy who is... probably going to have a decent match with Doppo next?

Where are we going exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Current series of Baki-dou really is making some odd choices.

Here's yet another big sumo guy who is... probably going to have a decent match with Doppo next?

Where are we going exactly?
    We're not. Going anywhere, I mean.

I'm seeing a pattern.

1. Writer has an idea.
    2. Writer makes up new character(s).
    3. New character(s) fights all of writer's old characters, in order.
    4. New character(s) wins enough matches to show they have value, but loses most of them to show how awesome the old characters are.

Somewhere in there, New Character will meet Yujiro and get whupped.

It's starting to feel very formulaic.

Edit: in fairness, it has always been SOMEWHAT this way, but the recent stuff just seems to be more and more straightforward in doing this.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 07-14-2022 at 08:21 AM.
    Why are we here?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    We're not. Going anywhere, I mean.

I'm seeing a pattern.

1. Writer has an idea.
    2. Writer makes up new character(s).
    3. New character(s) fights all of writer's old characters, in order.
    4. New character(s) wins enough matches to show they have value, but loses most of them to show how awesome the old characters are.

Somewhere in there, New Character will meet Yujiro and get whupped.

It's starting to feel very formulaic.

Edit: in fairness, it has always been SOMEWHAT this way, but the recent stuff just seems to be more and more straightforward in doing this.
    Come on now Sharp.

Kehaya immediately got owned by Yujiro, rather than later.

And... Jack beat Sukune even though Sukune beat Oliva, which feels off.

And... erm... Musashi... happened...

See, the thing is, I don't not enjoy Baki. It's entertaining but... I don't think I could adequately explain why.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Come on now Sharp.

Kehaya immediately got owned by Yujiro, rather than later.

And... Jack beat Sukune even though Sukune beat Oliva, which feels off.

And... erm... Musashi... happened...
    ^_^

The whole Jack/Sukune/Olivia stuff might have been a case of Rock Paper Scissors, given that Jack had those weapons implanted in him. Sukune = stronk and tough enough to fight Olivia (though Olivia getting absolutely jobbed out, that felt wrong), but 'what big teeth you have, Jack, you make me bleed out' or somesuch.

See, the thing is, I don't not enjoy Baki. It's entertaining but... I don't think I could adequately explain why.
    That's kind of where I am (you know I don't enjoy it). There's this weird fascination where I actually have to read it, find out what happens, shake my head, and then repeat the cycle when a new chapter comes out.

But lately, it's feeling kind of...bland. Like at some point it jumped the shark (I feel the Musashi stuff was kind of that), and the writer has just been falling back hard on the formula without putting a lot of thought into it outside of 'what would be the next weird martial artist I could bring in?'
    Why are we here?

There's something hilariously horrifying about Chainsaw Man claiming to be using the Power of Light, when in reality he has just doused himself with gasoline and set himself on fire. O_o

Edit: More seriously, on a re-read The Gun Devil is an appallingly appropriate creature for this day and age.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 07-14-2022 at 10:13 AM.
    Why are we here?