Page 630 of 2454 FirstFirst ... 13053058062062662762862963063163263363464068073011301630 ... LastLast
Results 9,436 to 9,450 of 36799
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Another day, another explosive round of political upheavals in British politics.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Another day, another explosive round of political upheavals in British politics.
    What is it this time? Did they kick BoJo out already? Or is it just the protests getting louder and bigger?
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

So, early reviews are in for It:Chapter 2 and it's sitting on a respectable 85% on Rotten Tomatoes. Good job, Squid-face.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    What is it this time? Did they kick BoJo out already? Or is it just the protests getting louder and bigger?
    Protests continue to be very loud and widespread. Johnson made a statement outside Downing Street last night and was almost drowned by chanting and booing.

In parliament today, during Johnson's opening statement, one of his own MPs got up and crossed the aisle and joined the liberal democrats thus destroying the government's active majority.

Later on, in a particularly punishing set of questions from the house, Johnson had essentially public meltdown, confirmed that he would further threaten his own party members with deselection if they defied the party line and now the debate on the legislation to prevent no deal is being debated and will probably pass. One of the people who he is threatening with deselection happens to be the grandson of Winston Churchill so you can imagine that this playing well in terms of optics.

Oh also, the developments in the Scottish and now the Welsh courts about the legality of prorogation have been extremely interesting and the supreme court have set aside a day to discuss those matters as well.

Protests continue to be very loud and widespread. Johnson made a statement outside Downing Street last night and was almost drowned by chanting and booing.

In parliament today, during Johnson's opening statement, one of his own MPs got up and crossed the aisle and joined the liberal democrats thus destroying the government's active majority.

Later on, in a particularly punishing set of questions from the house, Johnson had essentially public meltdown, confirmed that he would further threaten his own party members with deselection if they defied the party line and now the debate on the legislation to prevent no deal is being debated and will probably pass. One of the people who he is threatening with deselection happens to be the grandson of Winston Churchill so you can imagine that this playing well in terms of optics.
    Oh also, the developments in the Scottish and now the Welsh courts about the legality of prorogation have been extremely interesting and the supreme court have set aside a day to discuss those matters as well.
    It’s mind-boggling. It’s like we’ve been repressing everything for... well, forever... and now suddenly everything comes out in a explosion of ridiculousness.

I like to quote a scene from the Goon Show in 1958:

“Please believe me - I’m not a spy. I come here seeking political asylum.”
    “Well, take the first bus to the House of Commons. It’s the finest political asylum in the world.”

Jacob Rees-Mogg has been talking for like fifteen minutes.

A crude haunted Victorian painting of a man.

Jacob Rees-Mogg has been talking for like fifteen minutes.

A crude haunted Victorian painting of a man.
    They’re not going to win this vote. Or tomorrow’s.

But ultimately it won’t matter, because as soon as he loses, our morally-bankrupt, buffoonish-seeming Prime Minister will declare a general election on 14th October, knowing full well that any government; even his own; that gets elected at that point will have no time to legislate to prevent a no-deal Brexit at the end of October.

Seriously, he’s like a weird distorted reflection of Charlie Chaplin in The Great Dictator. One is a clown dressed as an amoral dictator in a clever parody. The other is an amoral dictator dressed as a clown in something stupid and horrifyingly real.

Extraordinary Member

In other news, Peter Capaldi was cast for the Suicide Squad movie.

Since Peter is scottish, and has recently shaved his head, I firmly believe that he's gonna be playing Grant Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    They’re not going to win this vote. Or tomorrow’s.

But ultimately it won’t matter, because as soon as he loses, our morally-bankrupt, buffoonish-seeming Prime Minister will declare a general election on 14th October, knowing full well that any government; even his own; that gets elected at that point will have no time to legislate to prevent a no-deal Brexit at the end of October.

Seriously, he’s like a weird distorted reflection of Charlie Chaplin in The Great Dictator. One is a clown dressed as an amoral dictator in a clever parody. The other is an amoral dictator dressed as a clown in something stupid and horrifyingly real.
    Actually, Johnson can't call an election by himself.

He needs to have support of 2/3rds of the house to do so. Now, we already know he lost his majority today with Lee going over to the Lib Dems, he's also spectacularly outraged all the moderate Tories who would block a call for a snap election precisely to prevent No Deal and Labour can just No Con him when it suits them after the play for an extension has been made.

It's truly an amazingly specific set of circumstances and Johnson has messed it up quite spectacularly.

I also listened to the debates for six hours before tapping out. Currently playing Diablo to rest my weary brain.

So the next smash bros character leaked

Well looks like we can officially make another death battle playable in smash

Actually, Johnson can't call an election by himself.

He needs to have support of 2/3rds of the house to do so. Now, we already know he lost his majority today with Lee going over to the Lib Dems, he's also spectacularly outraged all the moderate Tories who would block a call for a snap election precisely to prevent No Deal and Labour can just No Con him when it suits them after the play for an extension has been made.

It's truly an amazingly specific set of circumstances and Johnson has messed it up quite spectacularly.

I also listened to the debates for six hours before tapping out. Currently playing Diablo to rest my weary brain.
    Well, he’s now confirmed he’s tabling the motion, pending tomorrow’s vote.

Corbyn’s ego, having pushed for a general election for the past two years, will not let him vote against an election.

We’re going to the polls. And hell in a handcart.

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    So the next smash bros character leaked

Well looks like we can officially make another death battle playable in smash
    Who is the character?
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

On the plus side, the combination of all the other parties and all the Tories who are voting against Boris is being referred to as the Rebel Alliance.

I look forward to Jo Swinson flying her X-wing to blow up Boris’ space station while Oliver Letwin and Nicholas Soames fly past in the Millennium (Dome) Falcon to stop Darth Mogg from killing Jo.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    On the plus side, the combination of all the other parties and all the Tories who are voting against Boris is being referred to as the Rebel Alliance.

I look forward to Jo Swinson flying her X-wing to blow up Boris’ space station while Oliver Letwin and Nicholas Soames fly past in the Millennium (Dome) Falcon to stop Darth Mogg from killing Jo.
    I'm looking forward to John Oliver's narration of these events.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.