Page 792 of 2454 FirstFirst ... 29269274278278878979079179279379479579680284289212921792 ... LastLast
Results 11,866 to 11,880 of 36799
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    *peers suspiciously*

Please don't make her 'cute', please don't make her 'cute'.
    I'm not a huge fan of the design you've put there. I guess it makes sense if they're doing a more "homegrown" angle on Cassie's origin but I don't love it myself.

That said, I'm not against her being a bit cute. Heck, original series Cass had her cute moments here and there. Just as long as she is a fighting savant who has a specific relationship to combat and death. That's what I want.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

JMS is hit and miss with me. He has done stuff I've absolutely adored. He has also done stuff I've really, really disliked. So...we'll see.
    he made B5 and he did one of my favorite runs on spiderman. i'll more than give him a shot.

Extraordinary Member

Attachment 91680

*peers suspiciously*

Please don't make her 'cute', please don't make her 'cute'.
    Is that wheels on her shoes?

I don't want to be negative on new takes since it is giving Cass some more time in the spotlight. But I would very much like if they could also get back to releasing her original series in trade format. Cause I really want to finish that.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    he made B5 and he did one of my favorite runs on spiderman. i'll more than give him a shot.
    Say what you will about JMS Spidey run and how it ended (stupid editorial mandate), but at least he tried new and interesting things.

Peter as a high school teacher is a great idea that ended too early. JMS also has one of my favourite takes on the Peter/MJ relationship. And Morlun is a really fun villain, though I'm not super into his expanded lore from the Spider-verse series.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Say what you will about JMS Spidey run and how it ended (stupid editorial mandate), but at least he tried new and interesting things.

Peter as a high school teacher is a great idea that ended too early. JMS also has one of my favourite takes on the Peter/MJ relationship. And Morlun is a really fun villain, though I'm not super into his expanded lore from the Spider-verse series.
    i agree. really wasn't a fan of the inheritors but morlun was the best.

and i enjoyed him taking a more mystical take on peter's powers and how they work. i still own those comics in my closet.

but how it ended? yessh.

Extraordinary Member

i agree. really wasn't a fan of the inheritors but morlun was the best.

and i enjoyed him taking a more mystical take on peter's powers and how they work. i still own those comics in my closet.

but how it ended? yessh.
    With the mystical aspect of Peter's powers I appreciated that it was presented as a possibility, but not the definitive answer to how they work or why Peter got them. Even Peter himself doubted it.

Jim Butcher wrote a Spider-man novel where some of Morlun's relatives shows up to get revenge. This was way before Spider-verse and includes no dimension hopping or anything like that. Just three beings on par with Morlun who are pissed that Peter killed their little brother. It also has an interesting take on Rhino and his relationship with Spider-man, and it gives MJ a really badass moment. It's called Spider-man: The Darkest Hours.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I'm not a huge fan of the design you've put there. I guess it makes sense if they're doing a more "homegrown" angle on Cassie's origin but I don't love it myself.
    That's what I'm worried about. The stuff UNDER the 'cape and cowl' and shirt, I'm okay with. It's the aforementioned parts, along with the shoes, I don't like.

That said, I'm not against her being a bit cute. Heck, original series Cass had her cute moments here and there. Just as long as she is a fighting savant who has a specific relationship to combat and death. That's what I want.
    I'm not against her having cute moments. Young characters, boy or girl, should have some of them, and you're correct, she did. I'm not looking for doom and gloom, or grimdark Cass. ^_^ Just, like you, something that actually pays attention to her origin as a valid, character-defining thing, rather than just a cool background.

I'm a little worried they're trying to nerf her up to be the 'cute sidekick' because of the upcoming BoP movie. Which, I'll admit, gives Harley better costuming, and seems to be doing the same with others.

Huntress.jpg

I'm not entirely wild about those trousers, but better that than skin-tight short-shorts, and the costume as a whole looks pretty good to me.

Note: there have already been complaints on the net that it's not sexy enough. And people are bitching about Harley's costumes which, I admit, are the main reason I DIDN'T watch Suicide Squad.

Me? I'm cool with it.

...somehow the costume choices make sense, given the fact that the movie was written by a woman and is being directed by a woman. ^_^

B5 is my favorite TV show of all time.

Then JMS did a limited series exploring the origin of Dr. Strange, and got it all wrong. Not just the magic. Not just the characters. But the lessons. The points behind the situations. The theme. I mean, it was gawdawful crap with beautiful art.

So I'm up and down on him.

Is that wheels on her shoes?

I don't want to be negative on new takes since it is giving Cass some more time in the spotlight. But I would very much like if they could also get back to releasing her original series in trade format. Cause I really want to finish that.
    Could always read it online. But I completely understand wanting the whole series in paper.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Amusingly, she apparently also goes with this.

Birds-of-Prey-Huntress.jpg

Which is totally cool for me.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member

Could always read it online. But I completely understand wanting the whole series in paper.
    I have like three or four volumes of the series on my shelf. I am really nerd-annoyed about not having the entire series.

With the mystical aspect of Peter's powers I appreciated that it was presented as a possibility, but not the definitive answer to how they work or why Peter got them. Even Peter himself doubted it.

Jim Butcher wrote a Spider-man novel where some of Morlun's relatives shows up to get revenge. This was way before Spider-verse and includes no dimension hopping or anything like that. Just three beings on par with Morlun who are pissed that Peter killed their little brother. It also has an interesting take on Rhino and his relationship with Spider-man, and it gives MJ a really badass moment. It's called Spider-man: The Darkest Hours.
    I really enjoyed that novel. It was heartwarming and hilarious, especially with Rhino and Dr. Strange.

Which reminds me that I think Sharp might enjoy it.

Amusingly, she apparently also goes with this.

Birds-of-Prey-Huntress.jpg

Which is totally cool for me.
    Yeah, that's a solid look!

I'm a little wary of Cass being sidekicked to an extent.

However, I'd take naive sidekick over pod!Cass who speaks navajo or the innumerable dumb things that have been done with her character.

I have like three or four volumes of the series on my shelf. I am really nerd-annoyed about not having the entire series.
    I have the whole series digitally scanned, but it's also online at the moment.

Yeah, I was a little miffed they only put out about 1/3 of the comics in TPB.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Yeah, that's a solid look!
    I do like it.

I'm a little wary of Cass being sidekicked to an extent.

However, I'd take naive sidekick over pod!Cass who speaks navajo or the innumerable dumb things that have been done with her character.
    You and me both.

I'd be happy if Cass is PRESENTED as a young girl in distress who gets saved by everyone else through the movie over and over again, then at the end when things are going badly suddenly absolutely obliterates a large group of people or the main villain, thus setting the stage for her as a character in her own right and revealing the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    I really enjoyed that novel. It was heartwarming and hilarious, especially with Rhino and Dr. Strange.

Which reminds me that I think Sharp might enjoy it.
    I'll look into it. Thanks for the heads up.

I'll also look into the Anima game; I've been a little depressed about the lack of posting, but maybe someone put up something.
    Why are we here?

It’s all about Supreme Power for me. That was a badass series.

You and me both.

I'd be happy if Cass is PRESENTED as a young girl in distress who gets saved by everyone else through the movie over and over again, then at the end when things are going badly suddenly absolutely obliterates a large group of people or the main villain, thus setting the stage for her as a character in her own right and revealing the truth.
    I'm quietly optimistic about Birds of Prey as a movie, it looks kind of out there and fun. It also looks like something that is different to the cloying cookie cutter Marvel tone. I'll give it a shot.

I really hope what you describe happens because that would be radical.

A throwaway line from an old episode comes back to haunt The Nerd.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis