Quote Originally Posted by FistofIron View Post
    Nice! What do you print?
    For now, mostly small statues, and I am trying my hand at printing cosplay parts, because why the hell not .

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    spoilers:
    I’m sure Strange was busy elsewhere... but he still probably doesn’t like Jersey. I mean... it’s Jersey.

Agreed they should have made Wanda a bit more culpable. And in fact she learned nothing, because she did the same thing to Agatha in the end.

At least they’ve got her reading the Darkhold at the very end though, which should lead to shenanigans. But I bet we don’t see Chthon in Multiverse of Madness. I’d love them to bring in Master Panda-bear (sorry... Pandemonium) as well, but again, they won’t. Maybe Mephisto or Nightmare is about the most we can reasonably expect.

I was very underwhelmed by the lack of any secrets, mysteries or revelations about the other residents of Westview, including Piet-faux. No Squadron Supreme stuff, no High Evolutionary... nothing.
    end of spoilers
    Ya I had a lot of thoughts that I'll copy+paste below if anyone cares.
    spoilers:

This finale delivered on the points I expected it too (action, family moments, Agatha) but also kind of left me wanting with the morality of Wanda's arch in the end.

Nobody was going to stop her from leaving if she wanted to at this point, but like, the story kind of just let her go with a bit too much aplmb from Monica at the end.

Also Dr Strange must have been really busy with his own movie I guess. I was sure he'd show up.

Little disappointed that Pietro really was just some random shmuck but not that broken up I guess.

What was going on with her boys at the end? The way she said "you chose me" made me think they were something, and then the ending sounded like they were real. Maybe that's the Multiverse part.

White Vision just bounced at the end, what's up with that? We'll see him again though.

Felt like Hayward could have gotten out of the car somehow instead of sitting there but I didn't think too hard about that one.

Knew there'd be a Skrull appearance, nice.

Again I really wish we'd gotten something a bit less...dramatically heroic than Wanda just being like "sorry I did all this but now I escape consequences without even trying to make any amends".

Thought Monica might play more a part in the end but I guess they were saving that for a movie.

Speaking of saving action, I'm glad Vision got to bust out a bit in this episode and do cool stuff. It was nice to see him get a bit of shine. And he got a nice talking setpiece with the other Vision.

Speaking of White Vision he was appropriately menacing although I was hoping for a bit of Ultron mixed in there too.

Also Wanda making her kids child soldiers just like the good old days for a few moments in her past was funny thinking about it :P

Man Agatha got a rough fate, but she probably deserved...most of it. Nobody is going to comment on her though? Literally the whole square saw Wanda transform her lol

Speaking of which, nobody in the entire room saw Jimmy steal a phone? He was surrounded. I did like the magic trick he did with the cuffs though.

Final thoughts: Wanda's going to be so OP when we next see her. She did all this without knowing anything and it's already mentioned she has greater strength than Strange.

end of spoilers
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

spoilers:
    Vision talking to Vision about the ship of Theseus thought experiment was a by far my favorite part of the episode, firstly because it's an actual deep bit of philosophy that played perfectly here, and secondly because Paul Bettany's voice is just such a god damn treat

bummed there was nothing on Ultron or any villain bigger than Agatha, and yeah the ending felt a bit too easy, but overall I really enjoyed this series, it was an absolute home run for the kick off to MCU Disney+ series and am really looking forward to Falcon and the Winter Soldier now

and Wanda's new costume is awesome
    end of spoilers

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

I'm one of the spoilers:
    Mephisto/Magneto
    end of spoilers theorists, so I feel like a clown right now lol

Anyway, my thoughts:

spoilers:
    - Really great episode, though not as good as 8, which is unfair because episode 8 was really fucking good.
    - Marvel Studios must really hate Quicksilver. They absolutely pissed away ATJ, and it felt like Peters was wasted for a dick joke. There was probably more than that, but that's what it feels like
    - Vision v Vision was so good. Feels natural that a creature of logic would resolve his fight with logic. Ship of Theseus was a really good scene. Probably best in the episode for me.
    - Lizzie is such an amazing actress yet still felt underrated while standing next to Evans and RDJ. Being the center of her own show was the perfect chance to show how good an actress she was
    -The actress who played Agatha was amazing as well
    -So glad Monica is getting some play in the movies. Can't wait to see her again
    - That Scarlet Witch outfit *chef kiss*
    - Wanda being this powerful with zero training is legit frightening. There's no telling how strong she'll be by the time Strange 2 rolls around.
    -Hayward was a literal waste of space. Hope he gets another chance down the line
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    spoilers:
    White Vision just bounced at the end, what's up with that? We'll see him again though.
    end of spoilers
    Well, spoilers:
    he just got his memories back. His last memory was of him being killed by the woman he loves, brought back then brutally killed by Thanos. Dude needed to time to himself to get himself together and analyze the memories since he doesn't have emotions.
    end of spoilers
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

spoilers:
    Actress who plays Agatha also plays Doc Ock in Into the Spider-verse. ^_^
    end of spoilers
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

In other news, 'Mortal Engines' has been judged - so far - by my wife and I to be THE worst movie we've seen in a very, very long time. Like, REALLY long time.

It's horrible on so many levels. Granted, we've only managed to get through 45 minutes of the movie, but that much has taken us one hour and forty-five minutes, due to both of us constantly stopping the movie to discuss the dumb.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    In other news, 'Mortal Engines' has been judged - so far - by my wife and I to be THE worst movie we've seen in a very, very long time. Like, REALLY long time.

It's horrible on so many levels. Granted, we've only managed to get through 45 minutes of the movie, but that much has taken us one hour and forty-five minutes, due to both of us constantly stopping the movie to discuss the dumb.
    Is it like plot reasons or world stuff?
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Extraordinary Member

spoilers:
    Actress who plays Agatha also plays Doc Ock in Into the Spider-verse. ^_^
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:

It was Kathryn Hahn all along!
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    Is it like plot reasons or world stuff?
    Plot. Setting. Characters. General writing of scenes on many levels. Cliches (overabundance).

Note that when I say 'setting', I'm not saying the premise of the movie and its setting (Giant rolling cities in a post-apocalypse world) is necessarily 'dumb' or 'bad'. I can suspend my disbelief.

It's the execution of that premise that is poorly done, and dumb. And contradictory, like everywhere.

Basically, the movie was made to be 'turn off your brain, this is entirely eye-candy'. Problem is, I have problems ignoring the issues when they're so in my face.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    spoilers:

It was Kathryn Hahn all along!
    end of spoilers
    Good one!
    Why are we here?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post

Enishi is bring back Gein and Inui. Makes sense. They were involved in the Manga after all. Inui even remembered his gauntlets this time!
    ...Was this just to get my attention?

I'm flattered but a PM would have been sufficient.

..But less relevant to my interests.

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchGemini View Post
    For now, mostly small statues, and I am trying my hand at printing cosplay parts, because why the hell not .
    Nice! If I ever get to go to wasteland weekend I’ll definitely print out some cool stuff for my clothing.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Plot. Setting. Characters. General writing of scenes on many levels. Cliches (overabundance).

Note that when I say 'setting', I'm not saying the premise of the movie and its setting (Giant rolling cities in a post-apocalypse world) is necessarily 'dumb' or 'bad'. I can suspend my disbelief.

It's the execution of that premise that is poorly done, and dumb. And contradictory, like everywhere.

Basically, the movie was made to be 'turn off your brain, this is entirely eye-candy'. Problem is, I have problems ignoring the issues when they're so in my face.
    The books that it's based on are pretty good as I recall. I read a couple of them when I was small.

One thing that was a bad sign early on, was the way that Hollywood drastically scaled back how badly messed up Hester's face is.

In the book she's described as follows:

“A terrible scar ran down her face from forehead to jaw, making it look like a portrait that had been furiously crossed out. Her mouth was wrenched sideways in a permanent sneer, her nose was a smashed stump, and her single eye stared at him out of the wreckage.”
    She's meant to be scary looking and not conventionally attractive at all. It's a pretty significant facet of her character that she looks a bit monstrous.

When the film was like "we're not doing that," I felt like they clearly didn't get or care about the intentions of the books and thus never saw the film.

Much like you, every bit of writing about the film I've seen has panned it.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 03-06-2021 at 01:08 AM.

Interesting, Nik. Pity the adaptation is so terrible.

Basically it’s a bucketful of poorly thought out scenes containing nothing but clichés and F/X (often poorly chosen ones).
    Why are we here?