The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Happy birthday, Tami!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    Sharp, I highly recommend Paper Tigers to you. It's a movie about old, out of shape and out of practice former martial artists getting back together for their master's funeral and finding his murderer. It's got great comedy but knows when to be serious and let the gravity of the situation carry a scene. The fighting is generally great. Injuries matter, age and practice matter, size matters, ground game matters (though being a kung fu movie don't expect too elaborate choreography here). It's heartwarming yet never shields the characters from the consequences of their actions or their failures. And it has some meaningful character arcs that bring earned narrative satisfaction without magically fixing everything. I think you might enjoy it.
    I will 100% check this out, thanks for the recommend, Falcon!
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

We get it, you like Tall Mommy Vamp.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

*watches with mix fascination and confusion as a girl is holding a conversation with a sentient roll of toilet paper* *To reconcile these feelings, proceeds to grab a crowbar and clobber Cthulhu with it repeatedly until sanity returns to the world*

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

So, for the algorithms thread, I am currently reading Dragon Ball and Trigun in parallel and hoo boy is it a weird mix to go from one to the other.

I've not actually sat down and read Dragon Ball in like... more than a decade beyond skimming for feats but with this read-through I am, as a man in my 30s, acutely aware of how much this series is for young children. Like, I had forgotten quite how kid focused it was.

As a result, I am enjoying Trigun a lot more which is both aimed more at my demographic and is generally more my sort of thing.

No idea who that might be, but the first thought that come to me was Yamcha. How long has it been since he has had any significant role in the series? Though there are plenty fo other characters that have fallen to the wayside over the years.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

So yeah there was a situation with a Chinese Rocket and it came back down over the Indian Ocean.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    No idea who that might be, but the first thought that come to me was Yamcha. How long has it been since he has had any significant role in the series? Though there are plenty fo other characters that have fallen to the wayside over the years.
    It's not going to be Yamcha.

It's never going to be Yamcha.

Wouldn't be surprised if it's another movie villain that gets their canon debut.

But I wonder how this is going to mesh with what's going in the last two, so far, manga exclusive arcs.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Paur for the win!! Show how powerful a kindergarten education at Southern Transformation Kindergarten really is!
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!