Page 797 of 2439 FirstFirst ... 29769774778779379479579679779879980080180784789712971797 ... LastLast
Results 11,941 to 11,955 of 36576

RWBY

spoilers:

Soooo good news bad news time!

Good news: Jacques got arrested and The heroes outsmart and slap down Tyrian and Watts!

Bad News: Cinder trolls Ironwood into going losing his temper on top of Team RWBY's ill advised secret keeping and other stress on top of that and then things get worse when Salem pops up in a hologram and trolls Ironwood a bit and then we get some dialogue between her and Ruby.

Ruby: “We've seen you can't be killed. But, we've also seen you fail. We don’t have to kill you to stop you, and we will stop you.”
    Salem: “Your mother said those words to me.”
    Ruby: “My..mother..?”
    Salem: “She was wrong too.”

Sooo yeah. All but outright confirming she killed Summer Rose. Interestingly, just remembering Summer is not only painful for Ruby but also causes her to breakdown crying. There's some unresolved issues there.

And finally, while Winter has been chosen to be the next Winter Maiden, Cinder is on the hunt for her right now and Neo might have just grabbed Oscar and the Relic.

Also, Team RWBY's been detained and Ironwood is losing his cool.
    end of spoilers

Every nightmare just discloses
    It’s your blood that’s red like roses
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Double post...

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Extraordinary Member

RIP Brice Armstrong

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    My Hero Academia: Lots of good scenes from lots of people this chapter. Except for Bakugo, Bakugo should shut up more.

Apparently the previous OfA users all had fairly weak quirks to begin with, which should lessen the concern that Deku will become too OP. Nana Shimura for example had the quirk "Float" which basically seems to have been like low end flight.

Hmm... Ochako basically floats... Izuku is going to need somebody to teach him how to float... *shipping sensors tingling*

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post

This man gets it!!!

Always loved fan arts of Ochako as Scarlet Witch.

Extraordinary Member

Dragon Ball Super manga:

The latest chapter is really cool. It's like a better version of the best part of the Resurrection F movie with armies of aliens invading all of earth instead of just one place and the Z-warriors teaming up with the galactic patrol to deal with the issue.

Yamcha gets to have an uninterrupted badass moment, wowing the galactic patrol members helping him out. Piccolo and Gohan show off some cool combo moves and a couple of "surprise" guests might be earth's trump card against the initial invasion.

Fun stuff.

Black Clover: Daww, Yuno really is a super nice guy that cares about his friends and colleagues. Enough that he'll turn fools into dust for hurting them. That was one one cool spirit sword he manifested there.

Samurai 8: I like the setup of Hachimaru's crew getting picked up by Sen to do "community service" as an excuse to for why they're all still sticking together. We've got a solid main cast now and them all sticking together is good. And Sen's task seems to intersect with Hachimaru's quest as well.

Meanwhile Ata is showing that planets blowing up will be a regular occurence in this series as we may have been introduced to the next target everybody will be gunning for.

My Hero Academia: Lots of good scenes from lots of people this chapter. Except for Bakugo, Bakugo should shut up more.

Apparently the previous OfA users all had fairly weak quirks to begin with, which should lessen the concern that Deku will become too OP. Nana Shimura for example had the quirk "Float" which basically seems to have been like low end flight.
    Well, considering what it did to Black Whip, I wouldn't be saying that. Hell, Float is probably going to become full-fledged flight, essentially making Izuku into a more kick-focused Superman.

And I agree with you. Bakugou should shut up more. Why do they even let him be part of the All Might/Izuku discussion sessions? Because he'd throw a temper tantrum if they didn't? Because so far, I haven't seen him really add anything.

Oden's pissed rampage looks real freaking cool there at the end. It's going to be interesting to see just how he fares against Kaido. I mean, this is the part where the story turns super tragic, but I still want to see how far he can get against Kaido.

And I love Oden's false descriptions of the farewells.
    "No tears were shed. None whatsoever. We were all super cool about saying good bye and didn't cry rivers. No sir. Just manly men saying manly stoic farewells to great friends."
    Poor Oden. If only he could've called in his buddies the Whitebeard Pirates and possibly members of the Roger Pirates. Hell, if he was lucky he could've gotten Roger to hold off turning himself in long enough to show up and put his Kingly boot directly up Kaidou's ass for fucking with one of his closest friends.

And if he was insanely lucky, Roger could get his old 'buddy' Garp to come along and they could form the Brother's of Destruction for a one-night only Kaidou asskicking. Hell, Kaidou'd probably see them, get PTSD from the previous time he encountered this team, and decide he left his oven on.

On the other side of the planet. Leaving that **** Orochi facing down a partnership capable of beating three of the original Four Emperors, the crew they were a part of, and the captain capable of controlling such a force.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Well, considering what it did to Black Whip, I wouldn't be saying that. Hell, Float is probably going to become full-fledged flight, essentially making Izuku into a more kick-focused Superman.

And I agree with you. Bakugou should shut up more. Why do they even let him be part of the All Might/Izuku discussion sessions? Because he'd throw a temper tantrum if they didn't? Because so far, I haven't seen him really add anything.
    True true. But he's going to have to start with just floating, and once he builds up speed he'll probably be able to use Black Whip for course corrections and other such things. Either way, I still want my IzuOcha floating lessons damnit!

And yeah, I think that the only reason Bakugo is there is that he'd feel left out of Dad Might time and be whiney about it. I'm glad that Izuku is just brushing off Bakugo's nonsense though. But hopefully somebody will tell the exploding idiot to just shut up and go do his own thing somewhere where he can be interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Poor Oden. If only he could've called in his buddies the Whitebeard Pirates and possibly members of the Roger Pirates. Hell, if he was lucky he could've gotten Roger to hold off turning himself in long enough to show up and put his Kingly boot directly up Kaidou's ass for fucking with one of his closest friends.

And if he was insanely lucky, Roger could get his old 'buddy' Garp to come along and they could form the Brother's of Destruction for a one-night only Kaidou asskicking. Hell, Kaidou'd probably see them, get PTSD from the previous time he encountered this team, and decide he left his oven on.

On the other side of the planet. Leaving that **** Orochi facing down a partnership capable of beating three of the original Four Emperors, the crew they were a part of, and the captain capable of controlling such a force.
    He probably could've called in the Whitebeard pirates for backup at the very least, Roger would've been a lot more uncertain. But sadly, Kaido and Orochi really made this personal and Oden wasn't going to take their **** sitting down.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

And yeah, I think that the only reason Bakugo is there is that he'd feel left out of Dad Might time and be whiney about it. I'm glad that Izuku is just brushing off Bakugo's nonsense though. But hopefully somebody will tell the exploding idiot to just shut up and go do his own thing somewhere where he can be interesting.
    It's partly that but it's also partly that Bakugou is still a talented hero who All Might does actively want to mentor and he did figure out the nature of One for All. As shitty as Bakugou is, it's probably better on balance to have him in the room so he can try and learn stuff and improve as a person.

Also, say what you like about Bakugou, he's more interesting and worthy of being in the narrative than Mineta.

That's the glorious thing about HeroAca, they established the bottom of the barrel very early on.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    It's partly that but it's also partly that Bakugou is still a talented hero who All Might does actively want to mentor and he did figure out the nature of One for All. As shitty as Bakugou is, it's probably better on balance to have him in the room so he can try and learn stuff and improve as a person.

Also, say what you like about Bakugou, he's more interesting and worthy of being in the narrative than Mineta.

That's the glorious thing about HeroAca, they established the bottom of the barrel very early on.
    That is fair. I'd like to see some more of that mentoring then, because right now it mostly looks like Bakugo's there to talk ****.

And I do still actually like Bakugo and find him interesting. But his last few outbursts (this latest chapter, throwing his goggles at Deku for talking about how he's improved and lording Endeavor's hesitation over him just to get a kick out of it) have been somewhat grating IMO.

But yes, Bakugo is better than Mineta. Mustard (the villain that spread sleeping gas but was captured during the summer training camp) is better than Mineta.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Dragon Ball Super manga:

The latest chapter is really cool. It's like a better version of the best part of the Resurrection F movie with armies of aliens invading all of earth instead of just one place and the Z-warriors teaming up with the galactic patrol to deal with the issue.

Yamcha gets to have an uninterrupted badass moment, wowing the galactic patrol members helping him out. Piccolo and Gohan show off some cool combo moves and a couple of "surprise" guests might be earth's trump card against the initial invasion.

Fun stuff.
    for the first time, this actually feels like a legit invasion. at least to me, it does.

seeing the boys scrambling to deal with mulitple groups attacking points all over the earth and having back-up from the GP, it really cranks up the tension.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    for the first time, this actually feels like a legit invasion. at least to me, it does.

seeing the boys scrambling to deal with mulitple groups attacking points all over the earth and having back-up from the GP, it really cranks up the tension.
    Agreed.

And actually seeing the collateral damage being to cities, instead of the city just being nuked/erased, amps up the urgency quite a bit.

Extraordinary Member

PV for the second half of season 4.

It's time for a festival!

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

That is fair. I'd like to see some more of that mentoring then, because right now it mostly looks like Bakugo's there to talk ****.

And I do still actually like Bakugo and find him interesting. But his last few outbursts (this latest chapter, throwing his goggles at Deku for talking about how he's improved and lording Endeavor's hesitation over him just to get a kick out of it) have been somewhat grating IMO.
    I don't really care for Bakugou myself.

Or at least, I don't care for how he's being implemented in the form that he is. All the pieces of a compelling character are there but I think HeroAca falls short of actually bringing them together in a way that is compelling.

He was introduced as an unrepentant shitlord at the start and he's done very little to demonstrate any form of growth since then. I'm all for having shitty teens as your cast, I love those kinds of characters, but they do have to grow somewhat at some point. Given where we are in the story and how everyone else has grown in one way or another, Bakugou continues to drag his heels and the narrative doesn't seem to acknowledge it.

It's like "Hohoho, how funny this total bag of **** is. What a funny shitbag you are Bakugou,"

I mean, if you go back literally 50 chapters for where we are now, we land in the team based fight mini-arc and Bakugou is exactly the same and, more annoyingly, All Might is like "Hurr durr what a good friend you have in Bakugou, Deku,"

It's very frustrating.

By all means, have an obnoxious guy as your rival character, that's fine. But it rings very hollow when all the authority figures are like "Hoho, what a scamp," whenever he acts like an *******.

I mean, to this day, I am still bewildered as to why Deku gives a **** about Bakugou. Bakugou's an *******, he's never not been an *******, he's refused to demonstrate one iota of wanting to meaningfully change. That's fine but I wish the other characters would acknowledge this side of him.

But yes, Bakugo is better than Mineta. Mustard (the villain that spread sleeping gas but was captured during the summer training camp) is better than Mineta.
    I think it was you that said once that a cinder block with "Mineta" written on it would be better than Mineta.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 01-21-2020 at 07:20 AM.

Extraordinary Member

I don't really care for Bakugou myself.

Or at least, I don't care for how he's being implemented in the form that he is. All the pieces of a compelling character are there but I think HeroAca falls short of actually bringing them together in a way that is compelling.

He was introduced as an unrepentant shitlord at the start and he's done very little to demonstrate any form of growth since then. I'm all for having shitty teens as your cast, I love those kinds of characters, but they do have to grow somewhat at some point. Given where we are in the story and how everyone else has grown in one way or another, Bakugou continues to drag his heels and the narrative doesn't seem to acknowledge it.

It's like "Hohoho, how funny this total bag of **** is. What a funny shitbag you are Bakugou,"

I mean, if you go back literally 50 chapters for where we are now, we land in the team based fight mini-arc and Bakugou is exactly the same and, more annoyingly, All Might is like "Hurr durr what a good friend you have in Bakugou, Deku,"

It's very frustrating.

By all means, have an obnoxious guy as your rival character, that's fine. But it rings very hollow when all the authority figures are like "Hoho, what a scamp," whenever he acts like an *******.

I mean, to this day, I am still bewildered as to why Deku gives a **** about Bakugou. Bakugou's an *******, he's never not been an *******, he's refused to give one iota of wanting to meaningfully change. That's fine but I wish the other characters would acknowledge this side of him.
    Yeah, that just sounds about right.

You'd think he'd have more progression after his second fight with Deku. He does work with people now and he's able to do more than just fight whenever a villain shows up.

But he's also still an abrasive little **** in basically any and every form of social interaction and I got over that joke a while back. It would be nice if people in the story and the story itself could just tell him to not be an ******* just once. Especially Deku.

Thinking about it, it's a bit similar to my main issue with Itachi. He did horrible things and his batshit insane plan for Sasuke is one of the main reasons why Sasuke was so messed up in the first place. But nobody ever acknowledges this, every single time the guy is brought up everybody praises him for what a fantastic saint of a person he was. Actually one person mentions how messed up his actions were, Itachi himself. But it's more like "Whupps, my bad." rather than anything actually substantial. Just once during the series' run I wish somebody would've mentioned that a majority of Itachi's actions just made things worse at least.
    I think it was you that said once that a cinder block with "Mineta" written on it would be better than Mineta.
    Nah, that was The Dog.

I actually argued that Mineta's quirk is somewhat more useful than a simple cinder block.
    Last edited by Dark Soul # 7; 01-21-2020 at 07:25 AM.