nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Wrestling Legend and first openly gay wrestling star Pat Patterson has passed away.
    i sadly only got to know him during the attitude era when he was one of the stooges.

took a lot for him to come out like that.

much respect to the first intercontinental champion and the inventor of the royal rumble.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    i sadly only got to know him during the attitude era when he was one of the stooges.

took a lot for him to come out like that.

much respect to the first intercontinental champion and the inventor of the royal rumble.
    Due to winning the 24/7 title on the Raw Reunion show last year at 78, he's also the oldest person who's won a title in WWE History, beating out Fabulous Moolah and her 4th reign with the original WWF Women's Title at age 76.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Due to winning the 24/7 title on the Raw Reunion show last year at 78, he's also the oldest person who's won a title in WWE History, beating out Fabulous Moolah and her 4th reign with the original WWF Women's Title at age 76.
    which is good, considering what moolah did and all.

also learned today that hugh keays-bryne, who play both toecutter and immortan joe, has passed.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

also learned today that hugh keays-bryne, who play both toecutter and immortan joe, has passed.
    And....That's increasingly a bummer.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron_Twister View Post
    And....That's increasingly a bummer.
    he will ride to Valhalla, shiny and chrome.

he will ride to Valhalla, shiny and chrome.
    May he be witnessed.

Alright, I said I'd do it, so here we go.

There's 23 days remaining till Christmas, but the carols insist this holiday runs for 12 days. Therefore for arbitrary reasons I'mma halve that and open 6 slots for character drawings.

In the interests of time - we're going full-body this time - the result will be a bit less polished than the last bunch, and will be somewhat rougher than this piece.

(Shoutouts to KingofPie, Cleric, DBM and Sasheem)

If you want, write-in here - or DM me - some information about your original characters:

- General appearance notes, including visual aids if possible
    - Some character notes and history
    - And we'll just kinda see what happens

Queue:

1) Jcogginsa
    2) Bruceleegreyhulk
    3) Dark Soul #7
    4) SubZeroMKA
    5)
    6)
    Last edited by grampagen; 12-03-2020 at 08:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post

There's 23 days remaining till Christmas, but the carols insist this holiday runs for 12 days. Therefore for arbitrary reasons I'mma halve that and open 6 slots for character drawings.

In the interests of time - we're going full-body this time - the result will be a bit less polished than the last bunch, and will be somewhat rougher than this piece.

If you want, write-in here - or DM me - some information about your original characters:

Queue:

1) Jcogginsa
    2)
    3)
    4)
    5)
    6)
    LOL, BOUND BY THE SEAT OF HIS TOILET NO LONGER!

Seriously though, he looks cool as ****! Thanks, man!

Extraordinary Member

Queue:

1) Jcogginsa
    2)
    3)
    4)
    5)
    6)
    I am very much interested in this, but I litterally just woken up so if there's still room I'll sen you the deets after work.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Likewise interested Gen, but I did have one in the last round so I'll only take a slot if there's a spare one after a while.

I'll leave it like 36 hours or so before committing.

Archmanifestation of YOLO Noldere's Avatar

Queue:

1) Jcogginsa
    2)
    3)
    4)
    5)
    6)
    I wish I knew how to describe people, because I'd be interested in this.
    This signature intentionally left blank.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Hmmm, what kind of cats would the various other characters be then?
    This...could take a while.

I mean, standouts would be the gang leaders, Kohaku, and the Amamiya brothers. After that, Yamato.

Hmmm...not sure I could. I mean, I could get a cat in blue plaid or something like that for Murayama, but it wouldn't encompass his personality. Same with the others. Whereas a lot of Rocky's immediate recognition DOES come from how he dresses (dude does have a personality, but his dress-style is more 'standout' than the other leaders).

Anything I could find on the others would be ridiculously basic, like...okay, here's two.

Hiroto.jpg
    Hiroto Amamiya.

Kohaku.jpg
    Kohaku.

I think the Kohaku one is somewhat correct, other than the wire-wrapped baseball bat - has the right...I don't know, how the cat holds itself kinda works for Kohaku, as well as its 'stare'. But it would have been better to get a cat with different coloured eyes (this happens a lot with cats). The Hiroto one is just 'sunglasses that kinda match, leather jacket', which doesn't capture the character, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    Ouch, Sharp.

You basically just called her a boring bitch in the most diplomatic way I've seen in quite some time.

"....Back when you were brainwashed, you were intriguing. Now that you're back to normal....Ugh."
    Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    It’s harsh, but it’s fair.

And that’s exactly why I asked the question I did.

Suckiest part of Daredevil Season 2.

By far.
    Beadle hit the nail on the head. She was a ridiculous cliché as Elektra, exaggerated to eye-rolling levels. She basically ruined every scene she was in, and down-graded Season II of Daredevil from 'Best Season Ever' (first half) to 'Worst Season Ever' (factoring in Post-Elektra-Arrival in the season). She seriously damaged the last half of The Defenders with her presence, whereas in the first half, having her being a confused, manipulated super-weapon undergoing some emotional issues was actually interesting.

I will never forgive.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 12-03-2020 at 05:34 AM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Rewatching High&Low The Movie and...I don't know why but watching the final fight amused me in the choice of music.

Like you think Mugen Road being played in the background would mean some heroic second wind for Cobra, Yamato, and Tsukumo as Kohaku basically beat them up rather handily...And nah, despite getting some hits it doesn't do much.

...Then I remember Kohaku was the leader of Mugen (or at least the most authoritative figure given it was intially made between friends) ...So Mugen Road may as well be his kick ass song and it shows.

Can't argue with that...Mugen Road is awesome.